• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
For me it sometimes works to put on some music. Create a cozy atmosphere and just sit next to the heater. Something about sitting on the floor feels good. I try to reconnect to myself that way.

M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
For me ... i need to move. Shoes on and out the door into nature. I also find animals somewhat of an antidote to apathy because they require input of some kind. The bigger the animal the more input .... often we will do for others what we cant do for ourselves. Animals are great for this because extraneous interaction is on our terms i.e. they dont speak so no need for chit chat.
Friends lent me their dog last week because the know I am struggling and a lack of responsibility isnt good for me. He's the perfect house guest .... demanding of walks and play but doesnt talk inane crap constantly. Of course not everyone is an animal person and thats ok.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Move things around in your home, maybe reorder things or clear out some cupboards. In particular, move things that have been settled in the same place for a while, even if all you do is take a quick look and put them back again.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Finding small pleasures in life. Seeing the positive in something tasting good or feeling good even if it's minimal. Also, trying to consciously find the good in things even it's forced. Over time you build the habit to do it naturally, but it can take time.