• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AStruggle

AStruggle

a clinically depressed vidya connoisseur
Feb 8, 2024
Hello, fellow struggling individuals.

I'm having a hard time with procrastination and I'd like to hear your thoughts on that.
I am kind of used to living with depression (as much as it's possible to get used to reoccurring apathy and suicidal thoughts). I think my biggest motivation for staying alive is my dream to change my life and make a difference.
The problem with that is I rarely have the motivation or mood to actually work on my goals. I get frustrated and discouraged easily - a single thought about my efforts being futile and me having to go back to a shitty 9-6 job is enough to make me a sorry immoveable sack of garbage all over again.

Do any of you guys feel this way too, and how do you cope?

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Yes, all the time!! The worse I feel, the worse my procrastination is. Something to start up the body's circulation helps, especially taking temperature changing showers. A few mins of cold water, then a few minutes of hot water, etc. But how to get the motivation to even go into the shower…..that is another story.

Sometimes I take a few minutes, a few hours or even days to get out of bed again and stop only existing. It is a fight every time but it also did get easier by little bits over the year.

AStruggle

AStruggle

Feb 8, 2024
Yes, all the time!! The worse I feel, the worse my procrastination is. Something to start up the body's circulation helps, especially taking temperature changing showers. A few mins of cold water, then a few minutes of hot water, etc. But how to get the motivation to even go into the shower…..that is another story.

Sometimes I take a few minutes, a few hours or even days to get out of bed again and stop only existing. It is a fight every time but it also did get easier by little bits over the year.
It only got worse for the past year

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Valky
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

We have such sights to show you 👁️
Apr 17, 2023
By developing discipline. You learn to do things because you must regardless of any emotions such as tiredness, sadness, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and sserafim
AStruggle

AStruggle

Feb 8, 2024
By developing discipline. You learn to do things because you must regardless of any emotions such as tiredness, sadness, etc.
believe me i tried and i always considered myself a rather disciplined person. I used to work myself to a complete exhaustion, spending nights at work, but in the end nothing I do is enough

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and sserafim
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

We have such sights to show you 👁️
Apr 17, 2023
believe me i tried and i always considered myself a rather disciplined person. I used to work myself to a complete exhaustion, spending nights at work, but in the end nothing I do is enough
That's all there is. I can't pull it off consistently either. I think it has to be ingrained early on.

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
It only got worse for the past year
You do have to work on it actively. It won't get better by itself, I am saying that the progress is sadly quite slow and takes a lot of energy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
AStruggle

AStruggle

Feb 8, 2024
You do have to work on it actively. It won't get better by itself, I am saying that the progress is sadly quite slow and takes a lot of energy.

im out of money, I'm out of energy and motivation, feeling like hanging myself rn. i understand it's a process, it's a separate line of work but I'm kind of in a deep deep vortex where i cant get on the surface to start healing because all my energy is spent on staying alive miserable as i am

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Valky
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
im out of money, I'm out of energy and motivation, feeling like hanging myself rn. i understand it's a process, it's a separate line of work but I'm kind of in a deep deep vortex where i cant get on the surface to start healing because all my energy is spent on staying alive miserable as i am
"It's okay if all you did today was survive"

Sometimes simply staying alive can be the hardest task we have to face. I am proud of you for still being here. Feel free to pm me if you need someone to talk to. I really hope that things will get better for you and you are able to reach the surface again soon. <3

p4nic

p4nic

Apr 4, 2023
I've also been struggling with procrastination for a lifetime. It's so stressful :((
I recently found a "method", which consists on relaxing and when you decide you want to do one thing, you do two three things more that you may have on your list of things to do.
For example, if you need to wash your dishes, you can take your time until you finally feel like you can go and do it, but you use that momentum to get something else done like cleaning the kitchen or sending an important mail. Now that you made those three things, you can go back to rest and the next time you get up to do something you can repeat that technique. So its like making things little by little, but it's progress.
I hope that it can be helpful to you!
Sending you big hugs and lots of strenght!!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1 and AStruggle
AStruggle

AStruggle

Feb 8, 2024
Update on this.
I decided to put my ambitions to rest for now, and just live my life till I feel like it. Even if my dream won't happen - I do the best I can every day of my life, so it's ok.
It's easier when you know you do everything you can.
"It's okay if all you did today was survive"

Sometimes simply staying alive can be the hardest task we have to face. I am proud of you for still being here. Feel free to pm me if you need someone to talk to. I really hope that things will get better for you and you are able to reach the surface again soon. <3
Thank you, that's what I needed to hear.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Valky and Kit1