S

Stagefour

Apr 5, 2019
In hospital one leg cutoff far too loopy to figure out the conversion rate .But went just a little But Russell brand I gues and now they killed my PCA apparently. Just curious how much less pain meds now on?

Smart people please helo.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
150 mg of Dilaudid is (I'm guesstimating) about 100 of oxy. This is a very rough conversion, and remember Dilaudid is available as both oral and IV, oxycodone is only oral.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your leg. It sounds like you're getting adequate pain relief, and I'm happy for that. Rest well tonite; they will probably start mobilizing you tomorrow, at least from bed to chair, maybe some transfer training.

Edit: Scratch that, I'm tired and confused about the equivalencies.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImsooDone1N
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
150mg Dilaudid is about 400mg oxycodone. However, that is oral to oral.

As the Dilaudid is IV, you're around 600mg of oxycodone oral equivalent.
How potent, though, depends on dilution and drip rate.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
I'm sorry that your feeling so bad. I can't imagine what your going thru. I believe Dilaudid is 7-8X morphine. Oxycodone is 2.5X morphine. However it's extremely complicated as hydromorphone has a poor oral ba, while oxycodone has a very high oral bio availability. Both have basically 100% IV ba. so without more information it's tough to know how much the PCA prn analgesic was getting you above your previous baseline. I have no idea what I would do. I've read your posts & my heart really goes out to you. I hope that your pain is well treated. What kyrok said is what I would agree with.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
150mg Dilaudid is about 400mg oxycodone. However, that is oral to oral.

As the Dilaudid is IV, you're around 600mg of oxycodone oral equivalent.
How potent, though, depends on dilution and drip rate.

This. This sounds much more reasonable.