• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
For you personally or for society? Because societally money still seems to be on top 👑
For me personally, but usually, money buys freedom (financial freedom). I'm a NEET right now though so I have freedom (from work, independence and responsibilities)

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
For me personally, but usually, money buys freedom. I'm a NEET right now though so I have freedom (from work and responsibilities)
But do you think money is the only key to freedom or just one of them?

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Prestige? I'd take a more prestigious job over one that pays me a higher salary
You know I was actually listening to a talk by a neuroscientist recently about the role status plays in societal structures and interactions…

Reactions: sserafim
SoulCage

SoulCage

Dec 28, 2023
I think Money is a tool for something that I see on the top: fulfilling desires.
You don't always need money to be satisfied. For example for sexual desires you could use money, but also without. Desire for fame and glory could be achieved through skills.
Our desires (and instincts) are above everything else in my opinion.

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Nothing, because the people who are on top put millions of lives on the line for it and can somehow still sleep at night. My own real answer would be a bunch of great qualities every human should have but I don't live in that timeline.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I think Money is a tool for something that I see on the top: fulfilling desires.
You don't always need money to be satisfied. For example for sexual desires you could use money, but also without. Desire for fame and glory could be achieved through skills.
Our desires (and instincts) are above everything else in my opinion.
I think that status and prestige are the most important. They're on the top of the pyramid, I think. Everyone wants to be successful

Reactions: SoulCage
SoulCage

SoulCage

Dec 28, 2023
I think that status and prestige are the most important. They're on the top of the pyramid, I think. Everyone wants to be successful
I thought about what you said and can neither agree or deny.. I know someone who is a doctor in mathematics and basically works for the university to study... "hardcore" math stuff. She is not well off (at age of 37 still at her mum's place and doesn't own anything of worth) and never bragged to me about what she was doing. But then you know... I don't know if she likes it >only< for the curiosity or because she wants the attention from other mathematicians? Idk what goes on in her head. But I would say, her desire to satisfy her curiosity is greater than achieving status/prestige.

• Informative
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Autistic, death will give me peace.
Sep 21, 2022
For me it's God, I know it's unpopular around here and people don't believe him and thinks it's a brainwashing cult; but I'm sticking with my religion until I die since I was baptized, even Chris Tucker rejected 12 million dollars for God.

Money is nice it gives freedom but outside of necissity's it just buys pleasures, luxury items and status symbols. I choose God.

I'm still choosing to CTB however.

Last edited:
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I think it depends on a person's values. There is no universal answer, I guess.
Ethics is above money. But I can only say that bc I m financially "safe" (living wage but I m ok with that). If I had no bread I d probably flout the ethics. Don t know.

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Time.

Time is the ultimate immutable, inescapable force that comes for us all. Even money is powerless against the passage of time since time just causes money to lose its value.

Money can't stop time no matter how much you have. The only way to manipulate time is to fudge relativity on a personal scale.

I would wager that entropy is on the same branch. Decay comes for literally everything no matter how long it takes.

Time can even destroy happiness and love by eventually leading to boredom.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Time.

Time is the ultimate immutable, inescapable force that comes for us all. Even money is powerless against the passage of time since time just causes money to lose its value.

Money can't stop time no matter how much you have. The only way to manipulate time is to fudge relativity on a personal scale.

I would wager that entropy is on the same branch. Decay comes for literally everything no matter how long it takes.

I was also going to say time. Time is money but money can't buy time. There's a Chinese quote that "time is money, efficiency is life." There's also this proverb: "An inch of time is an inch of gold but you can't buy that inch of time with an inch of gold."

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Unknown21

Unknown21

この世界は残酷だ。
Apr 25, 2023
I don't think there is anything above money in this world.

Icegif 135

SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
On a scale greater than individual, I'd say money is above all. We are run by money, even if you think you aren't.
Time.

Perhaps in the future, money could buy time.

• Informative
B

botanist_dude

Apr 29, 2024
Nothing. Money is the single most important thing in the world. I am a financially failed man and that's the reason i will CTB. If you have money, you won life. That's it. Specially if you are a man (don't want to sound misogynistic, sorry if I do), but being a middle aged man, money is all expected from you. It if kills you so be it, but you HAVE to get money somehow, that's the only thing that gives value to a man.

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Student
Feb 25, 2024
Health. I know, people more or less trade their health for money during working, sometimes in obvious way, but there is a limit to how much a reasonable man would do it.