Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Student
Aug 23, 2024
Everything is above money. Money is the most disgusting filth of this world, dirtier than shit.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Power/ influence.

Money itself is a form of power and can be used to buy more power, status, and influence for oneself, but there is also a limit. Elon Musk, despite his massive amounts of wealth, will never be able to bring himself to the same good reputation as bill gates or warren buffet, simply because no matter what there will be too many people who will remember the actions he has already taken that they consider to be idiotic, dangerous, or even evil.

Likewise, when they step into a small town diner, no billionaire will ever be able to buy the same kind of near universal fame and love in the hearts of the people that a disabled war veteran, a firefighter, or an olympic athlete could command. Billionaires usually can manipulate the law freely when dealing with corporate regulations, foreign policy, most domestic policy and workers rights, but they can't touch rights that the people have decided (actually decided) they deserve. (I was going to say traditions but then I remembered modern santa claus is a coca-cola advertisement lol)

I think love is similar. Money can make opportunities for people to love someone platonically or romantically, but are the people in love with the billionaire or are they subconsciously in love with the money?

nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
nothing. the living can buy illusions of everything that you've listed, freedom, love, health, for wads of cash.