• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Many subcultures are pretty much dead. But what do you generally think of subcultures, like emos, goths, punks, metalheads and many more? I think a subculture is just another way of trying to fit in, and there is nothing unique when all people in the subculture dress the same way, like the same music, and have the same interests. What do you think?

Robbyna

Robbyna

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Many subcultures are pretty much dead. But what do you generally think of subcultures, like emos, goths, punks, metalheads and many more? I think a subculture is just another way of trying to fit in, and there is nothing unique when all people in the subculture dress the same way, like the same music, and have the same interests. What do you think?
I think that humans are tribal and we enjoy belonging to small close knit groups. I think subcultures are definitely a way to fit in and find support. Even though there is some uniformity within a subculture the human desire for novelty is satisfied with the deviation from the majority status quo. It also helps the smaller group bond over shared adversity. I think some of us may have developed an Innate compulsion to overcome adverse conditions and joining a maligned subculture can satisfy that desire.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I think that humans are tribal and we enjoy belonging to small close knit groups. I think subcultures are definitely a way to fit in and find support. Even though there is some uniformity within a subculture the human desire for novelty is satisfied with the deviation from the majority status quo. It also helps the smaller group bond over shared adversity. I think some of us may have developed an Innate compulsion to overcome adverse conditions and joining a maligned subculture can satisfy that desire.

Yes, i never belonged to a subculture, not Metal, not Punk, not Goth, and certainly not Emo.

D

Death_is_Escape

Student
Jul 26, 2019
Everybody is unique. Even identicants are different. Perhaps each human is subculture?

Reactions: Baskol1 and Mr2005
Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
Subcultures seem to me like they're for the sake of sharing who you are with people who understand and feel the same, at least that's what I've been told the emo culture and the diverse varieties of those are like.

And I don't think any of them are dead, just that they've put themselves on different sites and go places where most of us just won't see them. There's a whole bunch of various emo subcultures on tumblr, for example.