• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I'm a minor.

minor adjective
having little importance, influence, or effect, especially when compared with other things of the same type.

Reactions: FeraMisticles, Praestat_Mori, mortuarymary and 1 other person
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Too many to mention probably. That's why a credit card should be used to join this site.
Just my opinion.
I wouldn't recommend it. Imagine the fallout from that CloudFlare data breach if every single member's identity and financial information became available over the internet. The poor BBC would have to hire extra camera crews to make sure they had enough people to leap out of the bushes at all of us. (Is it wrong to be amused at the thought of what would likely happen if some annoying "correspondent" hid in the shrubs of a house in a Stand Your Ground state? It's probably wrong. But still funny.)

Reactions: FeraMisticles, cryone, LoiteringClouds and 1 other person
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Too many. I've made it clear before that I don't tolerate any minors on this site and report anyone I even slightly suspect to be one no matter how bad their situation may be because any minor who even thinks of entering this site for any reason is being just as selfish as whoever likely made their lives miserable enough to want to use this site in the first place. Any minor who can actually see the benefits of this site should realize that they are jeopardizing its existence for all legal adults using this site and potentially even themselves in the future should that time come. It sucks but welcome to the real world, kids. Don't be stupid and let your death jeopardize such a useful resource for everyone else in the future who's going to need this place.
You are kidding, right? Desperate people will always take desperate measures to relieve themselves, it's not something you can control in the extreme, it's like addiction, you cannot expect such a simple answer as "don't use this" because you barely have power over it. This argument wouldn't crumble if they could control their suicidality in first place, which they can't and people here should be the first understanding it isn't as simple as that. It's ironically done with you in mind the most selfish answer here.

It blows my mind to see how people claim this site helped them so much but then if it's so helpful why restricting it to the most vulnerable people? Lol! I would kinda understand banning the suicide tab and leaving access to the rest but banning even recovery? For real? I am an adult, I understand this is a world of compromise and there is a law to follow, but the answers don't seem focused on that and are terribly unemphatic IMO.

I wouldn't recommend it. Imagine the fallout from that CloudFlare data breach if every single member's identity and financial information became available over the internet. The poor BBC would have to hire extra camera crews to make sure they had enough people to leap out of the bushes at all of us. (Is it wrong to be amused at the thought of what would likely happen if some annoying "correspondent" hid in the shrubs of a house in a Stand Your Ground state? It's probably wrong. But still funny.)
This but unironically. By adding verification you are making bigger risks for already vulnerable people and as mentioned earlier it won't even work.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: heroinhero, Praestat_Mori, Scythe and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
You are kidding, right? Desperate people will always take desperate measures to relieve themselves, It's not something you can control in the extreme, it's like addiction, you cannot expect such a simple answer as "don't use this" because you barely have power over it. This argument wouldn't crumble if they could control their suicidality in first place, which they can't and people here should be the first understanding it isn't as simple as that. It's ironically done with you in mind the most selfish answer here.

It blows my mind to see how people claim this site helped them so much but then if it's so helpful why restricting it to the most vulnerable people? Lol! I would kinda understand banning the suicide tab and leaving access to the rest but banning even recovery? For real? I am an adult, I understand this is a world of compromise and there is a law to follow, but the answers don't seem focused on that and are terribly unemphatic IMO.
I don't care that my answer is selfish, I still believe it is more selfish to want to use this site while knowing that doing so puts it at risk of being shut down. Regardless of my age, if I knew that my using it was putting it in danger I would simply stop. There's being understanding and then there's encouraging the downfall of the very same place that helps so much. I believe the minors' status as the most vulnerable people is exactly the problem here. Their naïveté and tendency undeveloped empathy are just some reasons why the adults in charge weaponize them in their efforts to take this site down for others. I'm aware that my whining about their being here isn't going to stop them all from coming, I only hope that some of them will see the error of their ways and at least wait to sign up. That's all.

Also as I made clear in my point, the real guilty party here is the parents or guardians who are weaponizing grief and sorrow as a way of ignoring their own culpability. I suppose it wouldn't matter how old someone is when using this site if there was no risk of their parents trying to take down this site but that's just not the world we live in.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
I believe the minors' status as the most vulnerable people is exactly the problem here. Their naïveté and tendency undeveloped empathy are just some reasons why the adults in charge weaponize them in their efforts to take this site down for others.

Also as I made clear in my point, the real guilty party here is the parents or guardians who are weaponizing grief and sorrow as a way of ignoring their own culpability. I suppose it wouldn't matter how old someone is when using this site if there was no risk of their parents trying to take down this site but that's just not the world we live in.
At least we agree on this, but the real point is you are seeing this from an adult mind who can somewhat control himself.

Regardless of my age, if I knew that my using it was putting it in danger I would simply stop. There's being understanding and then there's encouraging the downfall of the very same place that helps so much.

See, you say this now, but on early ages you just don't have this control. Kids are hardly responsible of their actions because they barely understand good and evil, let alone complex issues. All the things you talk about come with age. That's without counting impulses and altered consciousness from some life problems that happen regardless of age, but also on them. You can't be selfish of something you aren't fully responsible for.

And once again, I understand there is a law to follow. I'm not saying to violate it and compromise this site. The only thing I'm saying is, selfishness isn't to blame.

MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
Minors suffer just like anyone else. If they want to CTB, we should not block the door. Of course, having the official policy being 18+ is fine, as it provides some degree of legal protection without actually being enforceable.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Proteus and MiMif
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
I'm a minor.

minor adjective
having little importance, influence, or effect, especially when compared with other things of the same type.
Did you intend to say "I'm minor"? Is "a" used before an adjective?
Sorry my mother tongue isn't English - please let me know if I'm not correct.

minor adjective
I'm sad because young people, especially minors, are not considered to deserve any respect - their feelings are considered to have little importance in this world. Actually people use the word "crybaby" as an insult!

I'm 36 now and still suicidal, but it was far worse when I was child - Nobody listened to me and laughed at me saying "you're merely a child - adults have far bigger problems than you" instead.
So my only option was to soldier on. I was extremely lucky because God was at my side when I had nobody to turn to...
I think, that's why keeping minors away from this website is important - some of them are so desperate. Sometimes all the support they get is "tough love."
They don't know how terrifying and painful CTB'ing could be, but they know how terrible their current life is.
They don't know the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

People treat kids like dirt because "it gets better" - they'll usually earn respect as they get older. But some people don't, and some end up on this forum because of it.

I'll report them if I'm suspicious, because I can't afford to lose this forum - I feel selfish for it but I have a responsibility to try to survive as much as possible. I'd beg a 13-year-old kid "Please endure your torture 5 years until you can join here." I'm no saint.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and Pluto
migimortis

migimortis

Love It Or Waste It.
Jan 15, 2024
Too fucking many. Someone posted a video and they sounded like they were 13. Someone was in a chatroom openly admitting to being 15. But what can ya do? Unless we all dox and/or post biometric data there's nothing that can be done.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Nobody listened to me and laughed at me saying "you're merely a child - adults have far bigger problems than you" instead.
So my only option was to soldier on. I was extremely lucky because God was at my side when I had nobody to turn to...
This is a point that modern childcare and education is grappling with. To raise young people as confident, healthy and independent, they need to be shown respect from day 1. A lot of stuff that used to be acceptable, like using a demeaning tone when addressing children, is no longer good practice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and LoiteringClouds
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Too fucking many. Someone posted a video and they sounded like they were 13. Someone was in a chatroom openly admitting to being 15. But what can ya do? Unless we all dox and/or post biometric data there's nothing that can be done.
But the thing is since minors lied on this site. Even if this site began requiring evidence of you not being a minor they might just use their parents or older siblings things to remain here