• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It's simple, I want to ctb so please allow these services to help me accomplish this lol! But seriously, I think that individuals can make their own decisions about what is best for them. I don't think euthanasia should be the first line of a solution to life problems but it should be available, especially for people with incurable illnesses or when u are getting old and living your life becomes difficult to manage without help. I don't think the elderly should die but if you can't afford or access the help u need to be able to have a decent quality of life in old age then it should be an option.

Last edited:
VoloFataliDoce

VoloFataliDoce

The World Is Quiet Here
Jan 23, 2019
People don't choose life - it is forced upon them. If they want to check out, they should be able to do so at any time. In my opinion, most people are against suicide typically because they are selfish. They want to keep their loved ones around as long as possible, without any regard to how it actually effects that individual. Of course, most people aren't going to think abstractly about the issue anyway, so I don't think it would do much good in trying to convince them. They've been indoctrinated to think that life is precious and perfect, and until that illusion breaks there isn't much hope in arguing the point.

kimi

kimi

Gutter Girl
Feb 5, 2019
People don't choose life - it is forced upon them. If they want to check out, they should be able to do so at any time.
I completely agree. Taking agency of ones own mortality is so taboo in majority of spaces, it only causes fear and isolation to those of who are dealing with it, causing them to feel even more alone and isolated. If someones' will to die is as innate as anothers will to live, I don't think anyone should have any say in what that person does, just because they would have to confront what their passing might bring.

I try to be understanding of people who are uncomfortable with confronting death via others passings, but it proves difficult since the same people would rather us stay here, miserable, just because it's more acceptable or easy for them to deal with. In that regard, I don't know if they'll ever be willing to change their minds.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
It's simple, I want to ctb so please allow these services to help me accomplish this lol! But seriously, I think that individuals can make their own decisions about what is best for them. I don't think euthanasia should be the first line of a solution to life problems but it should be available, especially for people with incurable illnesses or when u are getting old and living your life becomes difficult to manage without help. I don't think the elderly should die but if you can't afford or access the help u need to be able to have a decent quality of life in old age then it should be an option.

Ah, this is killing me. This clause of 'terminal disease or old age'. You know what, people with terminal disease have a shorter time to suffer than people without! Since we cannot quantify suffering, it is useless to argue 'but they suffer more in that time'. Elderly people have a shorter time to suffer! If somebody younger finds life intolerable for whatever the fucking reason they please, they need a peaceful exit more if anything, not less.

The thing is an absolute joke.

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
1) Because individuals are best placed to make informed decisions about their own fate. No-one but the individual knows/has direct access to his/her experience including pain-level, ability to carry on etcetera.

2) Because suicide generally only enters the picture after prolonged and profound, unabated suffering. Ending suffering is good, period. If humans were actually prone to suicide the human race would have died out long ago. In reality they really aren't: imagine all the crap so many people go through every day without ever seriously entertaining the notion of ending their own lives. In fact it's a miracle suicide is a constant factor in human history given the theory of evolution and it being a maladaptive behaviour that will seriously hamper one's ability to have children (pun intended).

3) Because the suicide prohibition reduces us all to slaves of society. Anyone that professes to love freedom should clamour for the right to kill oneself without interference.

4) Because it would ultimately benefit both the (seriously) suicidal individuals and society at large: what's the use of having large numbers of people who are largely useless (note I did not say worthless) and a burden to others and themselves? If you can't live a good, productive, happy life for whatever reason what's the point really? If you're in pain constantly and you want to die of how much use can you really be to others?

Of course this presupposes an individual capable of rational decision making and not someone who'd foolishly attempt out sheer desperation and a complete lack of awareness of the actual situation. If your situation is fixable by all means fix it. In that case the usefulness to society and oneself is restored and the above no longer applies.

With a number of prerequisites (chief among them a waiting period and being informed of possible solutions to one's problems) a good case could be made for legalizing rational suicide and euthanasia. If only we could get rid of the myth of mental illness we might actually get there and restore human liberty to those who need it most.

Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
Fundamental to natural rights is the right to life, that we as people have a right to live, and like any other right the individual may choose to not use the rights he is entitled to. If we don't have the right to live, and consequently the right to die, free from a 2nd party's influence, then we have no rights and we are not members but slaves to our community.

I think that'd have the best chance of ever getting passed into law.

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Ethics and morality are bunk, it has to do with labor power and civility.

Reactions: Baskol1
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
What's the reward for trying to live as long as possible if we are all going to die anyway ?

Reactions: myopybyproxy