• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
I think it's brilliant. People should be more collectivist and live within their society as upstanding and honourable individuals. If they can't, they should be ostracized or removed completely. Or, should be able to take their own lives, thus dying honourably if they fail to meet the standards of society.

We allow too much suffering by allowing certain individuals too many chances when people don't really change. Not that I support the death penalty because mistakes are notoriously common when it comes to that. I do support real criminals being removed from society for their crimes. Permanently. '

I am going to try living my life differently according to the Bushido philosophy before I make the final decision to CTB.

According to Inazo Nitobe's book Bushido, the lives of the samurai warriors were ruled by 7 principles called Bushido. These 7 rules were Righteousness, Loyalty, Honor, Respect, Honesty, Courage and Consistency. Righteousness (義 gi). Justice is the most important virtue for the samurai.

I'm going to really live better and change for the better. Everything needs to be square first and there are things I need to face that are going to be hard. But, no growth comes without difficulty.
Are there any individuals here whom know more about Bushido or whom are willing to discuss it further in this thread?

enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
Not sure what to think about Bushido and Shogun government but I do like a lot of samurai media, they fall under "comforting" for me. Manga such as Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Peacemaker Kurogane; movies like Ran, Kagemusha, Gohatto. My favourite game Sekiro. Also idk why but I read the Gikeiki text for fun... this part stood out to me.

IMG 4470

I wonder how much things would differ if the Shogun government began with Yoshitsune instead Yoritomo.

Reactions: lacrimosa