Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Hello, I'm back! Hows everyone been? I look forward to doing these again :)
What's this weeks challenge?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Hello, I'm back! Hows everyone been? I look forward to doing these again :)
What's this weeks challenge?
Welcome back! This week's challenge is pattern drawing but theres only one day left. Life_and_death provided a very useful link to draw your own mandala pattern

• Hugs
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Challenge 36: Open Challenge

This week I'm going to try something new. It's an open challenge so the idea is if you have something you need to do or want to set your own individual challenge you can post it and see if anyone else want to take it up. You can give yourself some motivation to complete something and also maybe inspire somebody else to join you. Example "I'm going to go for a run" or "I'm going to read a book". If I can I will try to complete some.

I have some gardening I need to do so this will be what I will be doing

• Hugs
Reactions: scarlet-pixie and Praestat_Mori
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
im going to try to keep a balance of mental and physical selfcare.
(ive got a small trip coming up on the weekend that i just know is going to exhaust me..)

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and carac
C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
I'm going to try not throw my toys out my pram and get through this week's 2 shifts without insulting a manager or quitting. Channel my inner reasonable adult. Only a summer job. 1/3 through season already, got super frustrated and on edge last week. Gotta try hold it together this week. No need to get myself annoyed when is a simple zero responsibility, min wage, zero brain power job. But I do. And then I spiral.

• Hugs
Reactions: carac and Praestat_Mori
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
i need to send a bunch of hard emails

• Hugs
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
im going to try to keep a balance of mental and physical selfcare.
(ive got a small trip coming up on the weekend that i just know is going to exhaust me..)
Good luck with your small trip, I hope all goes well, I'm sure you will do fine
I'm going to try not throw my toys out my pram and get through this week's 2 shifts without insulting a manager or quitting. Channel my inner reasonable adult. Only a summer job. 1/3 through season already, got super frustrated and on edge last week. Gotta try hold it together this week. No need to get myself annoyed when is a simple zero responsibility, min wage, zero brain power job. But I do. And then I spiral.
Yea I have trouble not letting my job getting to me, I get told something that is not my responsibility or within my control and I still spend ages obsessing over it. I generally try to get over it by just doing the best I can, like if I have a task just try and do it to the best of my abilty then try and take solace in that.
i need to send a bunch of hard emails
Hopefully this can give you the motivation to get this done. I find this difficult too but I do find I am relieved once I've sent them and it clears my head a little

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lita-lassi, ConfusedClouds and Praestat_Mori
C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
Happy to report successful 2 shifts at work and a successful half overtime shift too! Helped that my manager assigned me an area to work on all the shifts that I'm much more comfortable in where last week I was in the one I really struggle and get frustrated with. Switch to my 2nd (more friendly) job now for a few days!

How's everyone else getting on?

• Hugs
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Happy to report successful 2 shifts at work and a successful half overtime shift too! Helped that my manager assigned me an area to work on all the shifts that I'm much more comfortable in where last week I was in the one I really struggle and get frustrated with. Switch to my 2nd (more friendly) job now for a few days!

How's everyone else getting on?
That's good to hear, hopefully your manager will see where you are most comfortable and assign you there in the future

I managed to do a bit of gardening but weather has been pretty bad, lots of rain, that and I have been playing on the computer too much

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Challenge 37: Brush your teeth

Ok so this is something that we all do generally, I think, and know how to do. I see a lot of people struggling to keep up with good oral hygiene however. This might be a good oppurtunity to reflect upon what we are doing and if we can improve/motivate ourselves to look after our teeth. Maybe you could look at your routine, are you flossing, are you taking care after meals? Do you have any tips to share that might help someone else?

My personal tip I heard is to brush your teeth for the duration of a song. Also I would say don't brush too hard, I did this for a while and it was really making my gums sore and It first I thought it was just my diet but it was actually brushing too hard

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, Praestat_Mori and lita-lassi
C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
Yes! This is needed for me, thanks. I often forget and/or am lazy so don't brush teeth. Better recently than I have been as I have used a tip I read from someone on here about brushing teeth first thing on waking up. And I have had more of a routine for a couple of months with summer job(s) that are customer facing - also meaning the need to be more presentable.

Bought myself some floss about 3 weeks ago but it is still in the packaging. Tomorrow I will open the floss then my personal challenge for the week will be keep up the brushing regularity (min once a day) but aim to remember to add daily flossing and also mouthwashing (something I rarely do, but do have 'in stock'). Time to increase/improve habits.

Reactions: carac
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Yes! This is needed for me, thanks. I often forget and/or am lazy so don't brush teeth. Better recently than I have been as I have used a tip I read from someone on here about brushing teeth first thing on waking up. And I have had more of a routine for a couple of months with summer job(s) that are customer facing - also meaning the need to be more presentable.

Bought myself some floss about 3 weeks ago but it is still in the packaging. Tomorrow I will open the floss then my personal challenge for the week will be keep up the brushing regularity (min once a day) but aim to remember to add daily flossing and also mouthwashing (something I rarely do, but do have 'in stock'). Time to increase/improve habits.
Yea I think having a routine, if you can, is very important then everything becomes second nature. Pretty much first thing I do every morning is brush my teeth. A good idea might be to try and combine flossing into you daily routine.

Reactions: ConfusedClouds
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Challenge 38: Give yourself a compliment

So this could be either really easy or really hard depending on whether you can do this sort of thing. We already did give somebody else a compliment but how about we try to compliment ourselves or say something good or something we like about ourselves. I think a good idea would be to tag ourselves so it give the sort of impression we are look into a mirror and telling oneself.

Example

@carac you are responsible and try to be very conscientious to keep to time and put others first.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and EternalShore
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't know how I could ever compliment myself if I fail everything. I failed last weeks challenge, too. ;-;

Maybe I should compliment myself for failing, sorry I don't wanna sound negative but it is how it is. ;-;

• Hugs
Reactions: carac
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I don't know how I could ever compliment myself if I fail everything. I failed last weeks challenge, too. ;-;

Maybe I should compliment myself for failing, sorry I don't wanna sound negative but it is how it is. ;-;
I think this challenge can be a very tough one, I know I found it a very difficult thing to do for what on the surface seems very simple and straightforward

• Love
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020

what about complimenting yourself for recognizing the 'failure'? in turn giving yourself room to grow and improve? youre right 'failing' something takes a hit. but every fail is a chance to find what went wrong and improving on it.
"ok this didnt go as planned, why? maybe i can try this instead" or in some cases "maybe i can be gentler on myself. that goal was a little high, lets try again"

edit: i think the paperwork i received for this would be the "S.M.A.R.T. Goals" worksheet

• Love
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
what about complimenting yourself for recognizing the 'failure'? in turn giving yourself room to grow and improve? youre right 'failing' something takes a hit. but every fail is a chance to find what went wrong and improving on it.
"ok this didnt go as planned, why? maybe i can try this instead" or in some cases "maybe i can be gentler on myself. that goal was a little high, lets try again"

edit: i think the paperwork i received for this would be the "S.M.A.R.T. Goals" worksheet
You're right. :heart:

If it only wasn't that difficult for me that'd be much easier. It would start with accepting the facts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
lita-lassi, you have a fashion/style sense that garners compliments from others. good job on translating art sensibilities into wearing things you and others visually appreciate 👍

• Love
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
lita-lassi, you have a fashion/style sense that garners compliments from others. good job on translating art sensibilities into wearing things you and others visually appreciate 👍
It's always nice to know that others appreciate you and that you appreciate yourself!

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Challenge 39: Wordle

So we have done Sudoku but how about a bit of traing the old grey matter with some wordle
Link here for where you can play https://wordleunlimited.org/

Here is my first attempt, haven't done one of these for ages.
Edges

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: scarlet-pixie, EternalShore, ConfusedClouds and 1 other person
C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
6 attempts for me. But I did get it. Thanks for sharing the website - I have never done it/never had the app myself (but knew many folk who have), didn't realise you could do it directly online.

Also, apologies for bottling it on last week's challenge. I thought about it a few times but felt vary fake/tokenistic and froze at actually getting anything down. From the week before, my teeth hygeine has got marginally better and have kept up an active effort not let it deteriorate.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore and Praestat_Mori
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
6 attempts for me. But I did get it. Thanks for sharing the website - I have never done it/never had the app myself (but knew many folk who have), didn't realise you could do it directly online.

Also, apologies for bottling it on last week's challenge. I thought about it a few times but felt vary fake/tokenistic and froze at actually getting anything down. From the week before, my teeth hygeine has got marginally better and have kept up an active effort not let it deteriorate.
What I tend to do is for the first 2 or 3 words try to choose words that use a combinations or all 5 vowels and different consonants. So if for example the first word you choose is "Ideas" you tried an i, e and a so you then want to try and 5 letter word that contains o and u but not d and s.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: EternalShore, Praestat_Mori and ConfusedClouds
Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

Student
Jul 12, 2024
View attachment 123286

So this is my late submission for the week one challenge - (I only drew the pokemon on the right, the left ones were used as reference).
I'm very newb so I only tried to change their perspective a bit not to deform them too much.

This is a bit OT, but I wanted to take this opportunity to suggest maybe a separate thread based on a similar idea, where there's only drawing involved and every week people is challenged to draw something different.

I've always dreamed of becoming a good artist and to know how to draw, but I couldn't do it for lack of motivation/depression and the usual stuff many in here can relate...
I think a thread like the suggested one could help keeping my motivation high by also seeing the work of other artists that take part in the challenge.
It could also be a way to share a common passion, drawing, with other members of the forum...

I'd wish to know what are your opinions on this.
I was scrolling thru this whole thing looking for a pikachu!!!

Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

Student
Jul 12, 2024
Well if you are feeling artsy you could always add another one :)
I have no ability to draw whatsoever even when I'm not depressed lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Challenge 39: Wordle

So we have done Sudoku but how about a bit of traing the old grey matter with some wordle
Link here for where you can play https://wordleunlimited.org/

Here is my first attempt, haven't done one of these for ages.
View attachment 146120
I played this in 12th grade to try and gain friends because everyone else did it! hehe~ Unfortunately, it never worked out~ :/
Anyways, I got it in 6, and I've never even heard of that word before ngl~ xD

• Hugs
TheEndofAllThings

TheEndofAllThings

Jul 19, 2024
I've actually been into wordle a lot the past few weeks, my boyfriend is obsessed with it. I got today's in 6, it was pretty difficult ngl. Also, if you look up "custom wordle" there is a site where you can choose a word for someone else to play or you can play a random word as many times as you want!

• Love
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I've actually been into wordle a lot the past few weeks, my boyfriend is obsessed with it. I got today's in 6, it was pretty difficult ngl. Also, if you look up "custom wordle" there is a site where you can choose a word for someone else to play or you can play a random word as many times as you want!
Cool, I do love the concept, I remember it being very popular or trending a while back, I think during covid. I have to admit though I've started playing the daily connections game on the New York Times, I only discovered it this week.

I played this in 12th grade to try and gain friends because everyone else did it! hehe~ Unfortunately, it never worked out~ :/
Anyways, I got it in 6, and I've never even heard of that word before ngl~ xD
That is their loss!

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Challenge 40: Foraging

First off I apologize if this challenge is out of season for you but this week why not try some foraging. Do you have any wild spaces near you where you can forage for fruits of berries, maybe some salad leaves. It's a great way to connect with nature and make yourself feel like you are being productive. Obviously be careful and research what you are picking. If you don't have access to this you could try visiting the bargain section of your local supermarket and see if you can "forage" for a bargain. Or even take a trip to a thrift store and see if you could get a find, it's a type of foraging!

Personally I have blackberries local to me I can pick and a few apple trees I am going to check out. I might try and make something with my finds.

• Hugs
Reactions: kinderbueno and Praestat_Mori