• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
I wanted to compile a list (along with play throughs) of video games that feature themes of mental illness/suicide/mental health in general for anyone interested ❤️ these games I really love and I hope I can help others discover them. Feel free to add to it if you would like :) the ones with the stars are some of my all time favorite video games

1. Shut In [Agoraphobia, Depression]

2. Omori [Suicide, Guilt, Grief, Depression, PTSD] ☆

3. The Static Speaks My Name [Suicide]

4. That Dragon, Cancer [Grief, Hope, Despair]

5. You Left Me [Suicide, Depression, Grief]

6. Fran Bow [Mental Illness, Childhood Trauma, Grief] ☆

7. Celeste [Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Self-forgiveness]

8. Night in the Woods [Derealization, Depersonalization, Friendship] ☆

9. Cry of Fear [Suicide, Depression, Trauma]

10. The Average Everyday Adventures of Samantha Browne [Social Anxiety]

11. Before Your Eyes [Grief, Illness, Existential] (MADE ME CRY MY EYES OUT)
https://youtu.be/7KsFimr4Nu8?si=lP8Y2VvoAAMfYuQy

12. Florence [Relationships, Art, Identity]
https://youtu.be/g9kRgZapEvA?si=XG-cHTHFy-4kCkZj

13. Needy Streamer Overload [Mental Illness, Depression, Social Media]

14. Senua's Sacrifice [Psychosis]

15. OFF [Depression, Grief, Feelings of Emptiness]

16. RiME [5 Stages of Grief]

17. Gris [5 Stages of Grief]

Last edited:
Helween

Helween

This is this and that is that.
Apr 13, 2024
pretty good list if i may, and seems like you've read Wellfare Center awesome webtoon as well.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
soulkitty

soulkitty

Apr 6, 2024
pretty good list if i may, and seems like you've read Wellfare Center awesome webtoon as well.
YESSSSSSSSS I love that webtoon <3 <3 <3 <3
I've been playing Needy Streamer Overload and have been digging it so far. Very relatable stuff.
I FORGOT ABOUT THAT ONE it's one of my favorite games I can't believe I forgot, thank you for mentioning it 💜💙💗 I'm gunna add it!!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Helween and Malaria
Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
I also like Omori and a number of other RPGMaker games that deal with such things. One such game I recently stumbled across which I really love is OFF. A really amazing RPGMaker game with great characters, depressing themes, and music, I recommend that. I would also recommend it purely for the music, it's very appropriate with feeling empty, grieving, depressed etc. I can suggest some soundtracks if you want me to as well.

OFF

• Hugs
soulkitty

soulkitty

Apr 6, 2024
I also like Omori and a number of other RPGMaker games that deal with such things. One such game I recently stumbled across which I really love is OFF. A really amazing RPGMaker game with great characters, depressing themes, and music, I recommend that. I would also recommend it purely for the music, it's very appropriate with feeling empty, grieving, depressed etc. I can suggest some soundtracks if you want me to as well.

OFF

Oooo I've never heard of that game! I'll have to play/watch it sometime! RPG maker games can be so amazing. Some soundtrack suggestions would be great, thank you so much <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Jiyuurakka
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
RIME [Five Stages of Grief]
I didn't actually realize what it was about until I got to "acceptance" at the end and then I had a breakdown. Good times.

GRIS [Five Stages of Grief]

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
Oooo I've never heard of that game! I'll have to play/watch it sometime! RPG maker games can be so amazing. Some soundtrack suggestions would be great, thank you so much <3
I'd suggest playing the game first and then listening to these for the emotional connection, but you can refer to this and the playlist they belong to after the fact.

[Pepper Steak]

[Fourteen Residents]

[Empty Warehouse]

[Desparately Safe]

I think out of all these, I'd recommend you to listen to 'Desperately Safe' and just let it sink in even if you don't play the game. Maybe while taking a walk or lying in bed, it would feel so....desperately safe? I dunno, it kind of feels like sad comfort, like you're about to find happiness and you just let it go because you're scared of losing it afterwards. I'd like to know what you think about it.

• Love
soulkitty

soulkitty

Apr 6, 2024
I'd suggest playing the game first and then listening to these for the emotional connection, but you can refer to this and the playlist they belong to after the fact.

[Pepper Steak]

[Fourteen Residents]

[Empty Warehouse]

[Desparately Safe]

I think out of all these, I'd recommend you to listen to 'Desperately Safe' and just let it sink in even if you don't play the game. Maybe while taking a walk or lying in bed, it would feel so....desperately safe? I dunno, it kind of feels like sad comfort, like you're about to find happiness and you just let it go because you're scared of losing it afterwards. I'd like to know what you think about it.

I just listened to Desperately Safe while lying in bed with my eyes closed, I totally agree that it feels like sad comfort. It almost put me in a trance, it's very beautiful in a strange but amazing way, it also feels ethereal. I love how it ebbs and flows, I feel very emotional today so it kind of made me tear up a bit haha. Thank you for introducing it to me :) 💜 I'll save the rest for after I play the game!

• Love
Reactions: Jiyuurakka
Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
I just listened to Desperately Safe while lying in bed with my eyes closed, I totally agree that it feels like sad comfort. It almost put me in a trance, it's very beautiful in a strange but amazing way, it also feels ethereal. I love how it ebbs and flows, I feel very emotional today so it kind of made me tear up a bit haha. Thank you for introducing it to me :) 💜 I'll save the rest for after I play the game!
I feel the same as well, that's great to hear.

• Hugs
Ranni

Ranni

Nov 19, 2023

[Pepper Steak]

[Fourteen Residents]

[Empty Warehouse]

[Desparately Safe]

OFF is such an amazing game, and Desperatley Safe is my favourite track, it's so tranquil. When I worked at my old job, I had super late shifts. This was one of the songs I liked to put on during my late-night drives home. It definitely made me feel that sad comfort you mentioned after long hard work days.

soulkitty

soulkitty

Apr 6, 2024
Another one for the list I just finished watching and it really moved me, and the art style is incredible:

18. Missed Messages [Self Harm, Suicide, Depression]

Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
OFF is such an amazing game, and Desperatley Safe is my favourite track, it's so tranquil. When I worked at my old job, I had super late shifts. This was one of the songs I liked to put on during my late-night drives home. It definitely made me feel that sad comfort you mentioned after long hard work days.
True, it's a blissful feeling.

• Love
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
The only one that I've played so far with mental illness is Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice, the sequel is coming out next month.

• Love
weatherforecast

weatherforecast

Mar 16, 2024
Layers of fear - Horror game about an artist becoming insane (Unsure about the sequels?) [I forgot... but it is abstract]
Doki Doki Literature Club - Dark (dating) game about a guy who gets dragged into to a literature club... [Suicide, SH, Depression, etc]
Bear's restaurant - Game about a bear & cat who own a restaurant in the afterlife, somewhat light hearted [Loss, grief]
Yume Nikki - Unsure of how to describe this one, about a hikikomori dreaming [Suicide, depends on interpretation]

I also heard about "A Space for the Unbound" and "What Remains of Edith Finch" but I haven't watched or played them

Detention [idek]

Devotion [Family collapsing & murder]

Makoto Mobius [Suicide, SA]

Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk & the sequel: milk outside of a bag of milk

• Hugs
soulkitty

soulkitty

Apr 6, 2024
Layers of fear - Horror game about an artist becoming insane (Unsure about the sequels?) [I forgot... but it is abstract]
Doki Doki Literature Club - Dark (dating) game about a guy who gets dragged into to a literature club... [Suicide, SH, Depression, etc]
Bear's restaurant - Game about a bear & cat who own a restaurant in the afterlife, somewhat light hearted [Loss, grief]
Yume Nikki - Unsure of how to describe this one, about a hikikomori dreaming [Suicide, depends on interpretation]

I also heard about "A Space for the Unbound" and "What Remains of Edith Finch" but I haven't watched or played them

Detention [idek]

Devotion [Family collapsing & murder]

Makoto Mobius [Suicide, SA]

Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk & the sequel: milk outside of a bag of milk

Ooo great list!! I cant believe i forgot about doki doki, yume nikki, detention and milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk (that name always makes me laugh) i love those games sm! What remains of edith finch is really interesting and good imo