• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
I decided to revisit the site today and make a post. I also wanna say I perused the site during my break very occasionally, really only a few times. Would've only been once or twice but I saw @puffyclouds goodbyw thread (RIP) and kept up with that.

Anyways, my break has done me some good and I've had more time to consider things. I finally blocked my ex, which I should've done ages ago, I also have done pretty well academically speaking.

I still feel a sense of dread about graduating, the job market, and the difficulty of interviews once I graduate with a degree in CS but I'll deal with that once I'm closer to that, kinda a "cross that bridge when I get there" mentality.

I've journaled more, started reading a book, and overall done pretty good for myself. I don't really attribute this to me taking a break from this site, but just wanted to mention it. I'm unsure if it actually had a positive effect on my mind, as I'm honestly still as, if not possibly more, depressed than when I took the break.

I'll probably still post less and maybe frequent the site less often but I still like the community, and feel like I still fit in. If I ever fully recover (feels like a huge IF), I'll probably leave this site but I haven't yet and don't think I will anytime soon. I still constantly struggle mentally and think about CTB, especially after college for some reason.

I hope everyone is doing okay and progressing well, if you're pursuing recovery. I'm proud of everyone for attempting recovery and trying to better themselves.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
Just realized I still have my signature as taking a break, changing that now.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Glad to hear from you! I am glad that you are at least managing to keep a steady course despite all the turbulence, so to speak.

• Hugs
Reactions: ThatStateOfMind