• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

hopelessandbroken

May 25, 2019
my good friend died suddenly almost two months ago. since then i have been really scared of losing someone else i love. like really fucking scared. has any of you experienced something like this after losing a loved one, is it common?

F

Fractured

Sep 18, 2019
I'm really sorry this happened to you. It is normal, but that doesn't make it easier. I felt this way for a long time after my dad died. It's been almost 2 years so the fear has passed but the random grieving hasn't and I still have nightmares where I watch him die over and over again occasionally.

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Understand completely. The way I am looking at the pain of losing someone, is that it is a good thing.

You wouldn't have pain and be scared of losing a loved one if you didn't care about the person and their life mattered.

We are all going to die. Not all deaths we know about in advance and can prepare for. Sometimes we cannot prepare and things just happen.

My suggestion. If you are lucky enough to have people in your life that you care about, make memories with them and don't think about it may end.

As I said. Death comes to everyone. You may go before your loved ones. Then worrying about losing them is a moot point.

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
Yes this happened to me in August, my best friend died very suddenly by suicide and went missing. It added on to my trauma. I'm also terrified of losing everyone else so I know how that feels. I'm so sorry for your loss. However you grief is valid.

Reactions: hopelessandbroken
H

hopelessandbroken

May 25, 2019
thanks for the replies. im so sorry that you have experienced loss too. it makes me feel better that i am not alone with this. :heart: