• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I was actually thinking of doing something like that, though my car is barely clinging to life right now and I don't think I could do a people delivery job with it. I already fear it will break down sometime during my 7 minute drive to work. But I have had the thought that it could be something I would tolerate

I honestly admire you so much. And I'm not being whatever the word is, But seriously you have so much guts that you try so damn hard when things are so difficult. You are a million times better than so many other people who don't have your courage. There is something in you that fights on and I don't know - it's special ❤️

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can, Dead Meat and 3 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I honestly admire you so much. And I'm not being whatever the word is, But seriously you have so much guts that you try so damn hard when things are so difficult. You are a million times better than so many other people who don't have your courage. There is something in you that fights on and I don't know - it's special ❤️

thank you, though I don't try very hard at all tbh
even when I'm a good worker, it's because i learn the most efficient way to do things so that I can seem to be working hard and get a lot done while being lazy lol

Reactions: 21Neberg, Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can and 4 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
Don't buy a kia, I had an 04 spectra. Bad news. Name says it all, Killed In Action

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Weeping Garbage Can
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
thank you, though I don't try very hard at all tbh
even when I'm a good worker, it's because i learn the most efficient way to do things so that I can seem to be working hard and get a lot done while being lazy lol

That makes me right - you're smart!! ❤️

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can, Dead Meat and 2 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Don't buy a kia, I had an 04 spectra. Bad news. Name says it all, Killed In Action
The older Kias are shit but the newer ones are mostly fine. And I genuinely wanted to help Willow. I had days where I made $200 in five hours, it was great. I'd probably still be doing it now if my gf hadn't totaled my car. And if I didn't cave to my anxiety so readily.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
The older Kias are shit but the newer ones are mostly fine. And I genuinely wanted to help Willow. I had days where I made $200 in five hours, it was great. I'd probably still be doing it now if my gf hadn't totaled my car. And if I didn't cave to my anxiety so readily.

@Angst Filled Fuck Up you're so nice xx anxiety is such the pits :-( it really is
Don't blame yourself for 'caving' - it's not something you can control. Ugh it's grim.

Reactions: azucaramargo, Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can and 5 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018

i appreciate you trying to help, it's really nice. I just wonder if it would be readily available where I am, I don't live in a big city or anything. It was huge news when uber finally made it here a couple years back

lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
I don't think anyone wants my work, although it does pay a little more. It's all dangerous shit work

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can, Dead Meat and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
@Angst Filled Fuck Up you're so nice xx anxiety is such the pits :-( it really is
Don't blame yourself for 'caving' - it's not something you can control. Ugh it's grim.
Yes it is. For me it always came down to not having to "perform" in the strictest sense of the word. I could literally never function with some micro-managing asshole breathing down my neck and making me feel less than human. So I totally relate to the struggles of finding work that is actually sustainable over the long haul. Anything I tried to start I wound up quitting. The Uber thing was the only thing I found that worked for me, but this will be different for everyone based on what they can tolerate and what kind of environment they like to work in. In general I find it disgusting that we're supposed to be puppets on a string for a paltry amount of pay though.

Reactions: justanotherday, Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can and 5 others
kimi

kimi

Gutter Girl
Feb 5, 2019
i appreciate you trying to help, it's really nice. I just wonder if it would be readily available where I am, I don't live in a big city or anything. It was huge news when uber finally made it here a couple years back
Awh okay, that's understandable; was gonna suggest Postmates or something similar, one of my roomies does it and says it's basically just running errands for people. It's a little less strain on ones car than traditional Uber I'd think.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
Awh okay, that's understandable; was gonna suggest Postmates or something similar, one of my roomies does it and says it's basically just running errands for people. It's a little less strain on ones car than traditional Uber I'd think.

yeah unfortunately postmates is not available here. also, I like the profile picture. loved that game

wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I really hate that I let pieces of shit like this get under my skin, that people like him have the power to cause me to lose sleep. i can't get it out of my head, this shit always happens. just sit and take the abuse till I can't take it anymore, let the dread of going into work build up until one day I stop going in because the immediate threat of being in a hostile environment feels more intense than the eventual threat of starving and being homeless

i hate this shit I really hate it. this little bitch boy should not have so much power over my mind and yet here I am spiralling. this should not be the norm this is fucked up

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can, Dead Meat and 5 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
You are totally right - it shouldn't be the norm. And it is for loads of people, it's so so wrong. Its completely screwed. It's like we haven't gotten anywhere in decades. And people say oh complain - but the reality is there's no one to complain to! It's a totally fcked system. We need to find ideas of something/ someway you can work for yourself and have your own business

M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
I know the solution to this problem. Just murder the guy with an axe. You'll feel a lot better afterwards, trust me :D

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can, Johnnythefox and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
People just can't handle power. Then there's the formation of work-cliques with subtle bullying and the ousting of the not-so-popular or quiet people. I see it time and time again with my girlfriend's jobs. She's upset almost every day, it kills her and me in turn. The whole system is deplorable.

Reactions: justanotherday, lululoo, Deleted member 4993 and 8 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
The ones who crave it seem to be the least suitable to wield it.

There's this one dude at my job. Total bootlicker, always schmoozing with the boss. Well, they've recently made him in charge of training, but he's awful at the job and does nothing but overcomplicate things, put new hires in a panic, and piss everyone with his booming voice. My boyfriend had to re-train me after his four hour "training"

yeah well this tiny bit of power has gone straight to his head and he thinks he's a fucking supervisor now. He's always getting off the phones and hovering over people, "HOW WE DOING OVER HERE" "ARE WE KILLIN IT TODAY?" "STAY POSITIVE WE'RE A FAMILY!!!!!!!" it's sickening dude. He also charged over like a territorial dog when my bf was trying to help one of the new hires with actual advice, "WHATS GOING ON OVER HERE," his mouth practically frothing

I've found that putting people in a position of power brings out their true colors, you get to see who they really are once they feel they are above you.

Last edited:
Reactions: justanotherday, lululoo, Final Escape and 8 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
There's this one dude at my job. Total bootlicker, always schmoozing with the boss. Well, they've recently made him in charge of training, but he's awful at the job and does nothing but overcomplicate things, put new hires in a panic, and piss everyone with his booming voice. My boyfriend had to re-train me after his four hour "training"

yeah well this tiny bit of power has gone straight to his head and he thinks he's a fucking supervisor now. He's always getting off the phones and hovering over people, "HOW WE DOING OVER HERE" "ARE WE KILLIN IT TODAY?" "STAY POSITIVE WE'RE A FAMILY!!!!!!!" it's sickening dude. He also charged over like a territorial dog when my bf was trying to help one of the new hires with actual advice, "WHATS GOING ON OVER HERE," his mouth practically frothing

I've found that putting people in a position of power brings out their true colors, you get to see who they really are once they feel they are above you.

Always, always, always like this in my experience too. Give a little man a little power, and he'll show you how little he is.

Reactions: lululoo, Final Escape, Deleted member 4993 and 7 others
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I know excactly how you feel. I don't want to say more because I think there are cops on this site.

Reactions: Final Escape, Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Yeah power trippers, came up against those arseholes a few times, I've put them in their fucking place and gone to the union.

Reactions: Final Escape, Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can and 3 others
M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
Reactions: Final Escape, Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can and 2 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I have a neat update on the situation - it's a success story!

So, my boy and I sat down and decided that one of us (him) needed to go and talk to the big boss about this piece of shit, before it got any worse. We came up with everything that needed to be said about the situation, and then he went and did the thing. Dude, the guy actually listened. He had no idea about any of the garbage that was going on, and he basically banned this manager from doing any manager things anymore. He can't say shit to us now.

Not only that... but we're in fucking charge now. He gave us the reins, and basically was like "you guys know how this shit works so have at it." This is a fairly new office, and so we're being given the ability to shape it how we want! There's four of us working together on this, plus the big boss, and like... just wow. Idk I was never interested in "managing," but the idea of working together with these people to make this an actual tolerable place to work rather than a prison makes me feel pretty nice.

So yeah, that shit turned around pretty well I'd say.

Reactions: justanotherday, Wolfjob_dayjob, lululoo and 14 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018

So, my boy and I sat down and decided that one of us (him) needed to go and talk to the big boss about this piece of shit, before it got any worse. We came up with everything that needed to be said about the situation, and then he went and did the thing. Dude, the guy actually listened. He had no idea about any of the garbage that was going on, and he basically banned this manager from doing any manager things anymore. He can't say shit to us now.

Not only that... but we're in fucking charge now. He gave us the reins, and basically was like "you guys know how this shit works so have at it." This is a fairly new office, and so we're being given the ability to shape it how we want! There's four of us working together on this, plus the big boss, and like... just wow. Idk I was never interested in "managing," but the idea of working together with these people to make this an actual tolerable place to work rather than a prison makes me feel pretty nice.

Wow, that has turned out well tbh, I've been in that situation a few times and it's generally not gone quite so successfully. Usually goes:

COLLEAGUES: Man this is dreadful. This manager is a fucking prick. Somebody needs to say something. Chinaski, you're good at this kind of thing. Go tell them straight. We're all a hundred percent behind you.

ME: Thanks guys, this means so much. I'll go and have a word with the gaffer and, knowing I've your solidarity and support, will pull no punches. Hey, boss man! We need to talk. This is all shit and we've fucking had enough of it, everybody is supportive of me saying this, aren't you? Hello? Guys!?

*looks around, sees tumbleweed*

BOSS: u r sacked m8 lol

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, lululoo, BaconCheeseburger and 7 others
C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
When I started my new IT job last year after being in retail for 5 years I thought, yay! But I immediately picked up on that micro managing boss or lazy work mate that depends on others.

I had a pretty big contract recently which relied on travelling and tight dead lines and it was an important client, but I was tagged with someone clearly out of their deph and a "boss" who liked to ask everyone else to do this and that. It was extremely annoying.

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
yeah so this is a shitty post where I am Very Mad about things so read it or don't, but I need a place to spew my bullshit so here I am

If I am to be employed for a company that I don't give a shit about, to complete a task that I don't give a shit about, then literally all I fucking want is an environment where I am to be allowed to be left alone to do my fucking job

but that is certainly too much to ask for. there's always someone, something, to constantly fuck with you and test your limits until you can no longer effectively do your job or you walk out. why is it that in order to survive I have to just tolerate being treated like shit? either some fucking stooge who believes themselves to be entitled to an elite position above everyone else, at the cost of anyone who they percieve to be a threat, or some prick manager who lords their power above everyone and nitpicks petty shit and pushes all of your buttons and fucks with you in every. possible. fucking. way. At the cost of the fucking company! their power trip is more important than actually running shit in an efficient, sustainable, profitable way!! imagine that!! wowie

I'm good at what I do. pretty much any place I go, I learn very fast and am usually quick to become one of, if not the best, worker. I like feeling productive, and I like being proficient at what I do. If I'm going to be stuck doing somr bullshit meaningless job, I may as well be good at it right? well it doesn't fucking matter because I never was good at sucking off the correct people in charge or knocking down any person who threatens my fucking ego, that's not where my talent lies. I can't do that shit. I'm a fucking grunt and that's fine by me, just leave me the fuck alone because I know how to do my job!!! fuck!!

I'm so mad I'm so mad I've been working so hard to manage my anxiety and keep my sanity at a reasonable level so that I can function, and I really felt like I was making progress. and now here I am, back to square one because of this little fucking pussy that gets his kicks from passive aggressively fucking with everyone, treating us as prisoners (rather than professionals who are there by choice), and threatening us over stupid bullshit.it's bullshit, it's fucking BULLSHIT, I've seen 4 girls cry because of his shit (5 if you include myself) because I guess we're easier for this fucking prick to target. just bitch at all the weak little girls, you big fucking man.

he's constantly watching us through cameras from the safety of his desk, and bitching at the poor supervisor via email whenever he doesn't like what we're doing. What doesn't he like us doing? Well, for example: looking out the window, or literally anything besides the screen in front of us; daring to speak to anybody sitting next to you while you are in between calls, or listening to answering machines for hours on end; reading a fucking book while listening to answering machines for hours on end; getting up to take a piss; being 30 seconds late from your break; breathing. god he's such a fucking cunt FUCKING cunt jesus christ

anyway I feel a little better now. lovely weather we're having, everything is covered in ice. I need to get my fucking head straight, I feel out of control
This is exactly why I don't want a job. I've experienced this. I have a lot of respect for you to even be able to handle it at all. The modern work place is not easy because well here's an article that explains what's going on better than I can word it. This was why I had to find a way to be self employed because I simply couldn't tolerate this.
http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2015/07/self-employ-or-die.html?m=1

Reactions: wiIIow
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

That's great that you were able to find a solution. Often the only thing you can do is quit, but trying to solve it is probably better because just quitting can leave u in a bind too if u have nothing else lined up.

Reactions: CJM
C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
^ I think it depends on what country you're from too. I was quite stunned at people getting fired from their jobs in the states so easily? Over here you have a few hoops to jump through before letting anyone go and it has to be done right.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Once worked for an asshole who wanted us to be so excited for work on Mondays that he made us wear shirts that said TGIM! Instead of TGIF. Fucking hell.
Omg! That's really pushing it lol! :pfff:

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger and Made4TV