• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Yes be good idea, for freedom of speech, as long as didn't upset some people. Some may take a thumbs down the wrong way if feeling very vulnerable but I know what you are on about and think nice to have the option, if used sensitively.

H

HopeDiesLast

self-banned
Dec 28, 2019
I'd "thumb down" your post right now if I could. :wink:

The last thing this forum needs is members ganging up on each-other. Call it "emo" or not, but most people here are in a fragile state. Do you want to push someone over the edge just so you can exercise your "freedom of speech"?

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Yeah, see a thumbs down option could unintentionally send a wrong signal to someone and push them over the edge depending on their state. It's really easy to misinterpret something, or just look for anything to ctb... probably best to not put a thing in that could force the issue. Best to keep things positive.

B

Berlin76

Wizard
Aug 18, 2019
No dont think so because we also have the agree face right.
Will just use the angry face then but that's even more offensive then thumbs down

H

HopeDiesLast

self-banned
Dec 28, 2019
Why not just ignore the posts that you disagree with? Or, if it's important enough to you, express your disagreement in a constructive manner? IMO, thumbing down someone is passive-aggressive and lazy.

As for "freedom of speech", that only protects you from undue restrictions by government bodies. A private entity (such as this forum) can impose any restrictions on speech that they see fit.

B

Berlin76

Wizard
Aug 18, 2019
Why not just ignore the posts that you disagree with? Or, if it's important enough to you, express your disagreement in a constructive manner? IMO, thumbing down someone is passive-aggressive and lazy.

As for "freedom of speech", that only protects you from undue restrictions by government bodies. A private entity (such as this forum) can impose any restrictions on speech that they see fit.

Hahahahaa no was just noticing we didn't have it here. So tought ask why not and if it is possible.

You know just a question

But thanks for the advice and profiling
Only dont get the lazy part of it

Reactions: HopeDiesLast
H

HopeDiesLast

self-banned
Dec 28, 2019
Hahahahaa no was just noticing we didn't have it here. So tought ask why not and if it is possible.

You know just a question

But thanks for the advice and profiling
Only dont get the lazy part of it

Sorry. I love to argue, and I know you can handle it. :tongue:

Reactions: Berlin76
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
well, in my opinion, it's similar to the "laughing emote emoji" reaction we had on the site a long long time ago i believe, and that was taken down because people abused it and/or it just resulted in people taking things to heart and full-blown arguing amongst members, if i remember correctly and it sort of reminds me of a thumbs down emote reaction. a forum like this holds a ton of sensitive people including myself, and all many of us want are to be appreciated and heard and even a simple "thumbs down" destroys that entirely. only my opinion though.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm all in favour of freedom of speech as long as it doesn't offend anyone :heh: :blarg::O
I really hope those three emojis communicated the irony and sarcasm inherent in that statement.

But on a practical level I'd give a thumbs down to the thumbs down for the aforementioned reasons.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm with most users here in regards to the thumbs down emoji. I don't think it would be appropriate for this platform due to the vulnerable members on here (including myself) as it could slightly push someone who is on the edge, over the edge. Also, it could lead to abuse and fights between various other members on here, so it's best to not have the thumbs down emoji on this platform.

Reactions: _Minsk and Rhyme
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I nicked a lol gif from Stan for when it's the only reasonable response.

Status
Not open for further replies.