• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Fading flower

Fading flower

Apr 26, 2022
This 2003 movie has been around for a while, but I have never heard of it, nor watched it before. What I have to say could ruin it for others, in which case you should stop reading now (there are spoilers and potential triggers ahead). The movie's official *warning* stated only the following : "Contains strong language, distressing scenes and scenes of a sexual nature". I would say this is a definite understatement. If you are in a fragile state of mind, this movie could be extremely triggering and should be avoided at all costs. The sexual nudity is literally nothing, whilst the emotional vulnerability expands more and more as the movie gets going ..

In the space of two hours (as the story unfolds), I watched 2 failed suicide attempts (one by revolver and one by pills), 1 spousal murder by pills, 1 successful suicide through asphyxiation (viewed extremely up close) and 1 fatal shooting of a teenager, all wrapped up in several layers of very mixed emotions. Nothing at all in the viewer warning about all the suicide imagery. For the most part the storyline is fairly benign. Until it isn't. The suicide scenes come out of nowhere, with no real emotional build up for the viewer to anticipate what happens next.

One of the most distressing moments in the movie (apart from the suicides), was when the main female character (played by Jennifer Conelly) makes a desperate phone-call to her brother, crying on the phone about how lost she is feeling and asking if he would please come to her. He basically tells her he has a shit-storm going on in his own life, can't come to help her deal with her own life crisis and that he has to get back to work. My god, if her suicide had been successful, that phone-call would have tormented him for the rest of his life and haunted all his final hours. He is SO lucky that she doesn't end up dead. She was clearly crying out for help!

IF YOU ARE IN A STABLE FRAME OF MIND, ITS A REALLY GREAT 'HUMAN' MOVIE TO WATCH - OTHERWISE DEFINITELY NOT. Ben Kingsley (the main male character) calls the emotionally distressed woman ' a little broken bird who needs his help.' You can't watch this shit with your eyes dry! And seeing a strong Iranian man (full of pride) swoop in to rescue the damsel in distress, just breaks the emotional dams open completely. This movie is emotionally triggering in a strange kind of way, depending on where your head and heart are at. I watched this movie for free on the Uk channel ITV.COM. You will have to look elsewhere if you live outside the uk., Once again, DO NOT WATCH if you are feeling emotionally vulnerable - it could break your heart and mind open.

Attachments

• houseofsandandfog-2427735115.jpg
    houseofsandandfog-2427735115.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: soulkitty
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Yes good movie showing needless suffering because of how people with any authority over another can behave.

SPOILER:

I remember how she stepped on the nail, could show how it takes blood to get someone to even listen to others. But it captured just how how it can feel to be trying to diplomatically resolve wrongs and we just keep getting 'nailed' literally...