• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
So many members of this community have described how awful their schooldays were. Perhaps you've heard of "unschooling".? It's often lumped together with homeschooling, but is not in fact, at all alike. I won't maintain it's right for everyone, but I have followed many of the principles with what I regard as success.
Here's a wiki article about it (not the best explanation): unschooling

Thoughts?

cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
It's too late for me, and I obviously won't be having any children, but I definitely wish I had the opportunity to be "unschooled". It seems to me what is called unschooling is simply the natural way for people to truly learn.

I absolutely loathe the traditional schooling model for several reasons I could rant about all goddamn day. For now, I'll just say it is essentially a day prison for children, meant to create obedient idiots who unquestioningly obey the psychopathic perverts that control the governments and economic systems we are all forced to live under. It has absolutely nothing to do with true education.

Of course, the powers that be create economic situations that force the vast majority of parents to have to work themselves to death, so that they don't have the time or energy to educate their own kids, hence delivering them to the government brainwashing institutions known as "public schools".

Mind you, I was an ideal student, got straight As, and even enjoyed attending school as a kid, until I got into my mid teens and woke up to the fact that I was not really being "educated," but instead controlled and indoctrinated into accepting society's bullshit as normal and good.

NoGameNoLife

NoGameNoLife

Because screw life. I didn't ask to be born.
Jun 29, 2019
It's too late for me, and I obviously won't be having any children, but I definitely wish I had the opportunity to be "unschooled". It seems to me what is called unschooling is simply the natural way for people to truly learn.

I absolutely loathe the traditional schooling model for several reasons I could rant about all goddamn day. For now, I'll just say it is essentially a day prison for children, meant to create obedient idiots who unquestioningly obey the psychopathic perverts that control the governments and economic systems we are all forced to live under. It has absolutely nothing to do with true education.

Of course, the powers that be create economic situations that force the vast majority of parents to have to work themselves to death, so that they don't have the time or energy to educate their own kids, hence delivering them to the government brainwashing institutions known as "public schools".

Mind you, I was an ideal student, got straight As, and even enjoyed attending school as a kid, until I got into my mid teens and woke up to the fact that I was not really being "educated," but instead controlled and indoctrinated into accepting society's bullshit as normal and good.
Exactly. Public schools exist to break peoples' spirits like wild horses, producing brainwashed conformists. It has nothing to do with true education.

I

iiii5555

Student
Sep 12, 2018
Unschooling is an interesting start, but we should also ensure that parents don't aim to treat their childrem as property - forcing their values and views into them, making them live in a certain way, etc.

cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
Unschooling is an interesting start, but we should also ensure that parents don't aim to treat their childrem as property - forcing their values and views into them, making them live in a certain way, etc.

Parents already do that because they're selfish pieces of shit. That has nothing to do with unschooling.

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Parents already do that because they're selfish pieces of shit. That has nothing to do with unschooling.
I'm sure it happens but this is a generalisation. One thing I feel very strongly about is children growing to be individuals and not a blueprint of a parent. It's extremely important that they make their own choices, whether right or wrong. The parent's role is primarily to be there to catch them when they fall.
Unschooling actually discourages teaching anything to the child. Parents/guardians can provide opportunities and resources but it is up to the child to develop at their own pace and to identify subjects that particularly interest them.
The very last thing I want for my kids is a shitty life like my own. I support any choice they make providing it will make them happy.
The biggest criticism of unschooling is that they will suffer due to a lack of social interactions. I believe the social interactions experienced in my own childhood were where I learned to hate people. It caused me to reject education.
No doubt there are children that benefit greatly from the conventional structured school system. Some parents may prefer to adopt only certain practices from the unschooling concept. But I do feel many of the people who seem to have been failed by their educational experiences could have been more successful and generally happier in an alternative situation.
My kids are young adults now and live completely independent lives. But I still employ some of the principles.

Reactions: Black_Knight
L

Ln42

Jun 13, 2018
My sister unschools her 4 children, the kids do get social interaction at things like brownies/scouts and other groups they want to go to. Like you say it's the children's choice what they learn and what clubs/groups they go to.
They also do a lot of travelling that they would not be able to do if the children were in school. They are amazing, intelligent and balanced children and I'm really proud of my sister. It takes a lot to step away from the norm.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I unschooled one of my children for a year when we moved and the school we wanted had no space, best decision at the time, it was amazing, she grew so confident, was independent, made her own choices, stuff she holds close and uses to this day, but sadly social isolation meant we decided a school placement was better for her. I hate the school system, mini clones, bollocked for wrong length hair, wrong shoes, bollocked for bad hand writing, bollocked for fucking breathing too loudly it seems!!

sadsadinfp

sadsadinfp

Aug 18, 2019
If I had kids I would never, ever send them to a publicly funded school, I'd do whatever I had to so they could be homeschooled. I would never subject a child to that torture. Honestly, if you want to at least have a chance to transmit your values to your kids, nurture their love for learning instead of destroying it and shelter them at least during those vulnerable years from the bullying that goes on in public schools, the only choice is homeschooling.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoGameNoLife
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I love learning and knowledge but the academic shit was nothing about that. Its only about creating robots for the stupid system machine.
I learned most of things by myself and I learn new stuff in what I do like gaming and anime. I think experience are a form of learning. And I analyze everything logically. For example, if I listen to music, I learn how components work together..etc

But its all a wasted potential.

Well, I think however, this life is trash and its too late. I had fun learning and enjoying my things but life is trash and will value the robotic conformist more than the real knowledgeable that question and expose everything.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NoGameNoLife