KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Not hard to locate someone if they have your first name, city you live in,
Esp not many people under the same name that orders SN.

Since recent months Australian police seems to be paying more attention on people that order SN.

• Wow
Reactions: 0000000000000, blackballoon, dontwantocareanymore and 4 others
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Not hard to locate someone if they have your first name, city you live in,
Esp not many people under the same name that orders SN.

Since recent months Australian police seems to pay a lot attention on people that order SN.
Yeah apparently they know all about SN, after talking to some other Australians on here

• Hugs
Reactions: Deafsn0w, Homecoming, Spitfire and 1 other person
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
I once read here theory about that petition trying to take down SS actually captures the IP of whoever accesses the link to their website. I was afraid, because I had entered their website to understand more details of the petition.
Or else, we have a traitor among us, revealing our data to the police. Be careful, your friend who you chat with may be them (or one of them)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Deathbydemo, Marchioness, purplesmoothie and 8 others
NeedToD

NeedToD

I’ve got no raisin to live
Jul 2, 2020
The fact that you weren't taken in by the police because you denied everything is interesting. Because I'm well known as being suicidal by ALOT of people, especially by the coppers, I don't think I could get away with it. But I'll definitely give it a shot.

Sucks that you had to deal with that shit though, makes me think of the thread that passerby put up a short while back.

Reactions: purplesmoothie, Midnight-rain, Freedent and 2 others
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I once read here about that petition trying to take down SS actually captures the IP of whoever accesses the link to their website. I was afraid, because I had entered their website to understand more details of the petition.
Or else, we have a traitor among us, revealing our data to the police. Be careful, your friend who you chat with may be them (or one of them)
Wow I've seen the petition, I hadn't heard about them capturing IP addresses though. That sounds sus, not sure if I believe it.

But there are definitely prolifers on here who try to stop people by calling the police on them.

The fact that you weren't taken in by the police because you denied everything is interesting. Because I'm well known as being suicidal by ALOT of people, especially by the coppers, I don't think I could get away with it. But I'll definitely give it a shot.

Sucks that you had to deal with that shit though, makes me think of the thread that passerby put up a short while back.
I've been taken involuntarily more than a few times too, but I literally just said I had no idea what they were talking about.

Reactions: purplesmoothie, _Minsk, Freedent and 2 others
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
Wow I've seen the petition, I hadn't heard about them capturing IP addresses though. That sounds sus, not sure if I believe it.

But there are definitely prolifers on here who try to stop people by calling the police on them.
yes, i doubt it's true too, but my paranoia always makes me suspect everything:nomouth:

• Hugs
Reactions: sourpink, puppy9, Deafsn0w and 2 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
So this morning at around 8am I was woken up by my dad who said the police were here and wanted to see me. I didn't believe him at first.

I got dressed and went downstairs, and there were two police officers at the front door.

I went outside, closed the door behind me and they said that they'd had an anonymous tipoff that I was planning to hurt myself.

They knew the date I'm planning to ctb on, they knew how I was going to do it (SN) and they even knew that I'd ordered the SN from Russia.

I denied everything, said I had no idea what they were talking about, literally answered no to every single question they asked.

Then they asked if I wanted them to call an ambulance so that I could talk to some people about what was going on, obviously I said no because fucking hell no lol

So they left, they only talked to me for about 5 minutes but my parents are now freaked out and on high alert.

Just wanted to remind everyone to be extremely careful what information they share on here. I've only ever told people my first name and the city that I'm in, nothing more than that.

Keep personal information private. Be aware that there are undercover pro-lifers on this forum who will try to stop you or "save" you. Even people you consider your friend could still be the one that calls the police on you. You might not be as lucky as I was that they just left.
Also Google , Facebook , track you spy on you and can hear or see anything you type or even say in phone calls. I use the Tor Browser, Epic privacy browser and Linux. You can't do enough to stay anonymous . There are a lot of websites and books on how to stay anonymous. i guess i need to read them but i don't have time .

Epic privacy browser is really good . It has a proxy so you can change your ip , so even google thinks i'm Asia sometimes when i'm really in the USA

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 0000000000000, Midnight-rain, _Minsk and 6 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Thanks for the reminders and yes, even when it comes to this forum (either in the chat, PM, forum posts, etc.), you could never be too careful when it comes to personal information. I live in the US and while some may already know that I live in NC, I dare not reveal anymore information than that. Hell, even other online aliases could be linked to IRL if someone was savvy and dedicated enough. Just out of curiosity, was this in the EU, Asia, or in NA (North America)? You don't need to even mention the country if you don't wish, just the continent.

I'm glad to hear that nothing worse came out of the situation though and it is certainly very unnerving. I could say with confidence that if it was I and was forced into a hospital against my will, I would certainly CTB (and then some more which I will not elaborate as that may be in violation of forum rules here.)

Reactions: _Minsk, Red, dontwantocareanymore and 4 others
SleepyTime

SleepyTime

Oct 10, 2019
I once read here theory about that petition trying to take down SS actually captures the IP of whoever accesses the link to their website. I was afraid, because I had entered their website to understand more details of the petition.

You provide websites with information every time you visit and when clicking a link. This is why I never put a link in my postings - if someone clicks on it the new website knows that you are coming from SS. Especially if you allow cookies to track you. It also works if you include too specific info in a post. Google search can index it and so when someone uses their search on the same words it can show up. This is really important when discussing vendors since the last thing we want is a vendor to see people visiting their site coming from SS.

So it isn't surprising that a site trying to shut us down does look at info on their visitors to try and track us down. Please use your privacy settings in your browser and clear out cookies and prevent cross website tracking. It's sad that people on this site pretend to be friendly, but are actually evil.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: 0000000000000, Deathbydemo, Serenity and 10 others
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
So this morning at around 8am I was woken up by my dad who said the police were here and wanted to see me. I didn't believe him at first.

I got dressed and went downstairs, and there were two police officers at the front door.

I went outside, closed the door behind me and they said that they'd had an anonymous tipoff that I was planning to hurt myself.

They knew the date I'm planning to ctb on, they knew how I was going to do it (SN) and they even knew that I'd ordered the SN from Russia.

I denied everything, said I had no idea what they were talking about, literally answered no to every single question they asked.

Then they asked if I wanted them to call an ambulance so that I could talk to some people about what was going on, obviously I said no because fucking hell no lol

So they left, they only talked to me for about 5 minutes but my parents are now freaked out and on high alert.

Just wanted to remind everyone to be extremely careful what information they share on here. I've only ever told people my first name and the city that I'm in, nothing more than that.

Keep personal information private. Be aware that there are undercover pro-lifers on this forum who will try to stop you or "save" you. Even people you consider your friend could still be the one that calls the police on you. You might not be as lucky as I was that they just left.

I must say it how very proud I am of you! Sounds as if you were cool as a cucumber! Good for you!!!

• Love
Reactions: Disappointered, Imtiredofeverything, color_me_gone and 3 others
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I must say it how very proud I am of you! Sounds as if you were cool as a cucumber! Good for you!!!
Thank you! My heart was racing, luckily I'm a good liar.

• Love
Reactions: Disappointered, color_me_gone, Brokensaddle and 6 others
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
if you're a pro lifer then get the f#ck off this website. we don't want you here bud and none of us want to be "saved" jesus christ.

• Love
Reactions: 0000000000000, darkness falls, Gnip and 24 others
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Figuring out the rest of your information, it's complicated I'm not really sure how it's done, but some people are able to take a single piece of info like your username and find our all your irl information
There is "hard" doxxing which is just getting your ip and after that it's game over, and "soft" doxxing which is playing detective with the informations you give. Both are far easier than one may think

• Informative
Reactions: 0000000000000, Mixo, Sorrygoodbye and 2 others
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
There is "hard" doxxing which is just getting your ip and after that it's game over, and "soft" doxxing which is playing detective with the informations you give. Both are far easier than one may think
Either way, someone was able to figure out my address. It would have to have been a person and not the police, since if the police was the one with my IP address they would have had a lot more information about what was going on and wouldn't have just left when I told them I was fine. I feel like that would have been the result of a much longer investigation.

Reactions: Mixo and Deafsn0w
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Either way, someone was able to figure out my address. It would have to have been a person and not the police, since if the police was the one with my IP address they would have had a lot more information about what was going on and wouldn't have just left when I told them I was fine. I feel like that would have been the result of a much longer investigation.
IP is enough to get the exact address, do you use a vpn?

Reactions: Red, Deafsn0w and dontwantocareanymore
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
No I don't
You should, even though it can't do much, it is a start. Also you should be more careful about what you write online, especially your location and work/uni

Even if it's too late now I guess

Reactions: 0000000000000, Deafsn0w, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
No I don't

That might be a good idea. I've been using a vpn the entire time I have been here, just to be safe. I'm a little more paranoid than I used to be since I bought SN and it arrived, but so far nothing bad has happened because of it.

Reactions: Deafsn0w
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I'm gonna give out some interesting information now, I don't know if it's 100% true. So last week i was in voice call with Letzte and another member from here. Letzte told us he got visited by the police before because of sonething he said on here. He told us police of some countries are here on this forum and they just need to ask the mods for the ip of a member and the mods have to give them the ip if the police thinks the member is about to do something bad. Please don't assume this is true but it might be so i don't know.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mixo, sourpink and 9 others
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
You should, even though it can't do much, it is a start. Also you should be more careful about what you write online, especially your location and work/uni

Even if it's too late now I guess
I don't work and I don't talk about my uni.

I never mention anything identifying except my first name.
That might be a good idea. I've been using a vpn the entire time I have been here, just to be safe. I'm a little more paranoid than I used to be since I bought SN and it arrived, but so far nothing bad has happened because of it.
My SN has arrived too! Actually arrived yesterday lol
I'm gonna give out some interesting information now, I don't know if it's 100% true. So last week i was in voice call with Letzte and another member from here. Letzte told us he got visited by the police before because of sonething he said on here. He told us police of some countries are here on this forum and they just need to ask the mods for the ip of a member and the mods have to give them the ip if the police thinks the member is about to do something bad. Please don't assume this is true but it might be so i don't know.
I was worried about that too but I've asked Marquis and he said they will not give your info to the police even if asked, and they have been asked before.

Also if the police found my profile and knew it was me I would've been hospitalized this morning, without a doubt.

Reactions: Mixo, sadworld, Freedent and 2 others
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
I never mention anything identifying except my first name.
Why would you share your first name? That's really a bad idea

Reactions: sourpink, http-410, Emily_Numb and 2 others
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Why would you share your first name? That's really a bad idea
Because it's just my first name? No one is going to be able to find out who I am by knowing that my first name is [redacted].

Even knowing that and my city is no where near enough, there's 5.5 million people in [redacted]. There would be tens of thousands of [redacted]'s here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Good4Nothing and Deafsn0w
R

RedFoxSwims

Oct 8, 2020
I'm glad that you got out of that in one piece. This is a good warning thank you for that. I should start using a VPN. Do they work on tablets?

Reactions: Deafsn0w and AJ95
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Because it's just my first name? No one is going to be able to find out who I am by knowing that my first name is Ava.

Even knowing that and my city is no where near enough, there's 5.5 million people in Sydney. There would be tens of thousands of Ava's here.
5.5 million
Half are male so 2.75 million
How many of them can realistically be called like you? A few thousands max I'd say
You must be in your 20's (unless you did say your exact age too) so we have a couple hundred, maybe even less
Some other stuff you said about yourself and that's it

Also, as I said before, I would edit out my name and city if I were you

Reactions: Disappointered, sourpink and Deafsn0w
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I'm glad that you got out of that in one piece. This is a good warning thank you for that. I should start using a VPN. Do they work on tablets?
I think they do yes

5.5 million
Half are male so 2.75 million
How many of them can realistically be called like you? A few thousands max I'd say
You must be in your 20's (unless you did say your exact age too) so we have a couple hundred, maybe even less
Some other stuff you said about yourself and that's it

Also, as I said before, I would edit out my name and city if I were you
I'll edit it but I seriously don't think anyone is able to find my information by knowing my first name and city.

Reactions: sadworld and Deafsn0w
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Also if the police found my profile and knew it was me I would've been hospitalized this morning, without a doubt.

But...if they're watching this site, it would be super easy to figure out which profile is yours because of this thread, and then come back and do their police-y, mental health-y, section-y stuff.

And if your parents are on high alert, why aren't they helicoptering about you being online?

I just don't get the *shrug* attitude if shit got that real. I genuinely don't mean to be accusatory, but things seem off to me. I don't know how to align the OP against everything you've been posting since the OP, and how often.

Reactions: sourpink, purplesmoothie, Infinite Conscious and 4 others
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
But...if they're watching this site, it would be super easy to figure out which profile is yours because of this thread, and then come back and do their police-y, mental health-y, section-y stuff.

And if your parents are on high alert, why aren't they helicoptering about you being online?

I just don't get the *shrug* attitude if shit got that real. I genuinely don't mean to be accusatory, but things seem off to me. I don't know how to align the OP against everything you've been posting since the OP, and how often.
But I don't think they're watching the site. I don't even think it was someone from this site, since if it was the police would have had a lot more information.

My parents are fine with me being online lmao? I'm 24? I'm an adult? Also it's friday, they're both at work, I'm at home. I went to go see my psychiatrist, told her about it, mum picked me up and dropped me home. They're concerned but they obviously don't think an immediate risk, or they would do something.

What's off?

S

SadGuyWannaDie

Aug 27, 2020
I'm sorry to hear your privacy was invaded like that I don't think you should be criticized for sharing your name or discussing and getting advice here. If someone just managed to get the ip address then okay they'd show up at the house but to have gone the extra mile to identify the exact household member? And then not having screenshots to back up what they were accusing.. it makes it sound like there is some third party prolife organization operating on this site that really did make an anonymous tip.

Reactions: Freedent and Deafsn0w
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I'm sorry to hear your privacy was invaded like that I don't think you should be criticized for sharing your name or discussing and getting advice here. If someone just managed to get the ip address then okay they'd show up at the house but to have gone the extra mile to identify the exact household member? And then not having screenshots to back up what they were accusing.. it makes it sound like there is some third party prolife organization operating on this site that really did make an anonymous tip.
I don't think it was someone from SS, if it was there would've been screenshots and all kinds of shit.

I've also talked about ctb on other sites, although they were anonymous.