Sep 4, 2019
Same here. I'm hoping that therapy will help maybe, but... y'know
I have to get back in therapy and I'm hoping it helps

Reactions: BlueWidow, Sensei, BooGirl and 1 other person
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
I have a self-published thing... just because I wanted it... not saying I didn't screw up something in it, but whatever.

Also an over 600 page thing....

And a few screenplays....

And probably 20K pages worth of stuff

That nothing will happen with.

:)

Only catch with me is I have to be in the 'mood' / 'frameset' to write. It takes 1 week of doing nothing. But when I'm in it, I can write for 20 + hours, forgetting to eat, drink, go to the bathroom, everything, as I completely forget all bodily functions! It's really weird honestly... I also tent to nor remember everything I write... I say it's like my subconscious writing most of it, because I can re-read something, and be like 'I know I wrote this, but what is this?!?'

And yeah that teacher was a jerk. She actually ruined my dreams, and made me lie about what I wanted to do, making it that I never was happy with any job choice. It wasn't until 6th or 8th grade (same teacher for a class, so can't remember) realized I excelled at poems. Like really excelled. Like I could whip out one without effort and could do multiples in a class period even within parameters--and most students couldn't even do one.

I so wish I could've had her as my teacher through life. She was great. Also the only lit/English teacher I really remember out of most of them.
Woo that's infinitely more impressive than anything I've written. I'm over here just having written dumb fantasy stories for years and you're pumping out actual products. Nothing will ever happen with my stuff too but if you can write that consistently I'd say your experience would make for something worth reading at least.

Reactions: Sensei and Carina
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
@Squiddy
84D32558 4CA2 4078 9D90 64F4E9D2476E

Reactions: Sensei
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Woo that's infinitely more impressive than anything I've written. I'm over here just having written dumb fantasy stories for years and you're pumping out actual products. Nothing will ever happen with my stuff too but if you can write that consistently I'd say your experience would make for something worth reading at least.

Granted I mean it's not like anything will ever happen with my things, and only the one has ever been sent to others (the self published thing, I honestly just send a PDF to people lol, that's how little I care about anything from it)--because it's just under 100pgs.

I think the last thing I've actually written/edited was.... 5 years ago? It's been extremely hard lately to even care... or maybe because the only thing I have to edit is so close to being 'me' that it's hard to read.
Is it bad that my first thought with that image would've been 'yes... take all those pills' but now it's 'bah... that's too many, it'd just lead to pain' lol

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I have a self-published thing... just because I wanted it... not saying I didn't screw up something in it, but whatever.

Also an over 600 page thing....

And a few screenplays....

And probably 20K pages worth of stuff

That nothing will happen with.

:)

Only catch with me is I have to be in the 'mood' / 'frameset' to write. It takes 1 week of doing nothing. But when I'm in it, I can write for 20 + hours, forgetting to eat, drink, go to the bathroom, everything, as I completely forget all bodily functions! It's really weird honestly... I also tent to nor remember everything I write... I say it's like my subconscious writing most of it, because I can re-read something, and be like 'I know I wrote this, but what is this?!?'

And yeah that teacher was a jerk. She actually ruined my dreams, and made me lie about what I wanted to do, making it that I never was happy with any job choice. It wasn't until 6th or 8th grade (same teacher for a class, so can't remember) realized I excelled at poems. Like really excelled. Like I could whip out one without effort and could do multiples in a class period even within parameters--and most students couldn't even do one.

I so wish I could've had her as my teacher through life. She was great. Also the only lit/English teacher I really remember out of most of them.

But for f**k's sake, you're already a writer. If you don't trust your material, start re-writing it or start all over with a new project. Don't wait for inspiration. As they say, writing is 10 % inspiration and 90 % perspiration. Notice that you don't necessarily have to contact publishing houses right away. Bestselling novels like Fifty Shades of Gray and Metro 2033 started out as online fan fiction projects.

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Granted I mean it's not like anything will ever happen with my things, and only the one has ever been sent to others (the self published thing, I honestly just send a PDF to people lol, that's how little I care about anything from it)--because it's just under 100pgs.

I think the last thing I've actually written/edited was.... 5 years ago? It's been extremely hard lately to even care... or maybe because the only thing I have to edit is so close to being 'me' that it's hard to read.

Is it bad that my first thought with that image would've been 'yes... take all those pills' but now it's 'bah... that's too many, it'd just lead to pain' lol
Just under 100 pages and you say it so casually. I wish I had that stamina. I haven't written anything in nearly a year myself because my motivation is just dead. I keep wanting to write stuff while I'm stuck at work then I come home and the drive is gone.
I don't even take medication that gif just made me dizzy lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
But for f**k's sake, you're already a writer. If you don't trust your material, start re-writing it or start all over with a new project. Don't wait for inspiration. As they say, writing is 10 % inspiration and 90 % perspiration. Notice that you don't necessarily have to contact publishing houses right away. Bestselling novels like Fifty Shades of Gray and Metro 2033 started out as online fan fiction projects.

I just went to play a game and opened word and my 600+ page word thing... I think my desire to 'finish' it as in 'really' finish it has overridden anything else now.

I'm not saying it's dark, but I started it 20 years ago.... the first line? "Life was soon ending."

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow, Sensei and MysticPerception
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019

Reactions: MysticPerception
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Just under 100 pages and you say it so casually. I wish I had that stamina. I haven't written anything in nearly a year myself because my motivation is just dead. I keep wanting to write stuff while I'm stuck at work then I come home and the drive is gone.

I don't even take medication that gif just made me dizzy lol.

I guess for too long I was focused on trying to have things published... my grandmother tried to get children's books published (but failed). There's apparently a cutoff/standards for lengths, too short-go away, too long for new writer-go away.

Honestly most of the things I think of are like 10-20 pages, and it's 'done' There's nothing more to do, it's complete. Nothing wrong with short stuff! I have some things that are 2 pages... Just 2! If it's done, it's done.

I once had an opossum living in my garage. It was cute.

Reactions: Sensei
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
I guess for too long I was focused on trying to have things published... my grandmother tried to get children's books published (but failed). There's apparently a cutoff/standards for lengths, too short-go away, too long for new writer-go away.

Honestly most of the things I think of are like 10-20 pages, and it's 'done' There's nothing more to do, it's complete. Nothing wrong with short stuff! I have some things that are 2 pages... Just 2! If it's done, it's done.

I once had an opossum living in my garage. It was cute.
I've also written short stories so I understand the 2 page thing.

Why are they so cute!? Ahhh those beady eyes are adorable!

• Hugs
Reactions: Carina and Jean4
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
omg our boss is turning 50 next week... the office is showing up to a bar to get drunk with him rofl

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
omg our boss is turning 50 next week... the office is showing up to a bar to get drunk with him rofl
I misunderstood that as the entire office itself is going to be relocated into a bar so everyone can get drunk with him. I am still too sleepy to think properly apparently.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I just went to play a game and opened word and my 600+ page word thing... I think my desire to 'finish' it as in 'really' finish it has overridden anything else now.

Excellent news!

I'm not saying it's dark, but I started it 20 years ago.... the first line? "Life was soon ending."

It's better that you write about pain than get absorbed by it.

Reactions: Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I misunderstood that as the entire office itself is going to be relocated into a bar so everyone can get drunk with him. I am still too sleepy to think properly apparently.

We basically are lol. People were getting drunk, on the clock, Christmas eve (bottles of Run, Vodka were open and under tables at some desks). There's wine in the server room. Like 95% of the office has been intoxicated during work hours at work--including the managers, and them getting the alcohol out even lol. We even got out early once to go to the bar!

Reactions: MysticPerception
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Because @Sensei is here, I actually got dressed in real clothes. Something I don't do unless I have a doctors appointment. I never leave, so I live in my pjs.

Reactions: Soulless_Angel, MysticPerception and Carina
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Because @Sensei is here, I actually got dressed in real clothes. Something I don't do unless I have a doctors appointment. I never leave, so I live in my pjs.

I'm honoured. I would have asked what you're wearing if it didn't sound so creepy. :tongue: