Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I swear if you just ghost on us I'm going to find you on the other side and give you a good bonking.

That's doesn't sound like a bad idea, actually. Would be nice to meet you beyond the veil and that might we worth a bonking. :smiling:

• Wow
Reactions: MysticPerception and Jean4
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I didn't say I'd leave now, did I? :tongue: Unless I'm overwhelmed by my bipolar suicidal impulses, I won't leave any time soon. I'll keep watching you, sugar.
I'm the only one permitted to have bipolar suicidal impulses, which hopefully will die down (wrong wording) after a meds change lol

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
View attachment 24267
Day 2 of get me through the day and one more day closer to a medication change that I need!

I swear that image was me Friday... 'why didn't I get a settlement?' , 'did you check your email?... did you check the folder you're supposed to check? no? ok check the folder you're supposed to check.... like we said last week, and the week before... and the week before when I showed you in person.... omg how did you get a CDL.;

'Why didn't I get a settlemtent? Does that mean I didn't get paid? I saw money in my account but I didn't know where it came from'

(As the IT person I wrote a program that creates settlements from database values, turns it into a PDF, grabs data from registration data and other places, and sends out a customized settlement [paystub] and other info to all the people).

• Hugs
Reactions: Jean4
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
Lol. I actually know someone from Sweden which is why I know lol.
@MysticPerception I know all..... except how to take care of myself :blarg:
As the saying goes "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" "Who will watch the watchmen?" you can't do everything on your own. Nothing wrong with the community returning the favor and looking after you in turn.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow, Sensei and Brick In The Wall
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
As the saying goes "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" "Who will watch the watchmen?" you can't do everything on your own. Nothing wrong with the community returning the favor and looking after you in turn.
You sound like Stan and SinisterKid. Taking a page from their playbook lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueWidow, Sensei and MysticPerception
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I'm ctb soon, just finishing up getting everything in order to make life easier for my family. Currently on my final journey to the place I'll ctb
Hope you get your med change soon and aren't too inconvenienced until then
I'm sorry--you'll definitely be missed.

Always makes me sad when people go.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BlueWidow, HereToday and Sensei
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
You sound like Stan and SinisterKid. Taking a page from their playbook lol.
Do I even want to ask what that link was about? I both regret and don't regret clicking on it. I guess whatever works for good business but that was quite unexpected even if it was an accidental post.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I'm the only one permitted to have bipolar suicidal impulses, which hopefully will die down (wrong wording) after a meds change lol

Aw, sister. If only you knew how worried I get when you write about your impulses in threads. I know all too well how difficult it is to resist them. It's like being on autopilot. Well, if you expect me to fight my impulses, then I expect you to do the same thing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JustVisiting and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019

Aren't the people watching normally the ones who truely need watched the most? They see the most suffering, they have the most issues, they're the most 'broken', the ones who really need to have someone by them at all times just to make sure that they are ok.

All the while they are normally thought of as the people who are 'fine' or indestructible regardless of the topic or even things known about them, as if their past makes them stronger, even though the same for others would break them?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow, JustVisiting, Sensei and 1 other person
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Do I even want to ask what that link was about? I both regret and don't regret clicking on it. I guess whatever works for good business but that was quite unexpected even if it was an accidental post.
Stan and SinisterKid said exactly what you said 'Nothing wrong with the community returning the favor and looking after you in turn.'

I was a social worker in my previous life. I have save the world syndrome lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow and Carina
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Stan and SinisterKid said exactly what you said 'Nothing wrong with the community returning the favor and looking after you in turn.'

I meant the candle thing also nothing wrong with save the world syndrome as long as you don't pull a I have to die to save the world thing.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019

I suffer from this too. Never been a social worker though.

• Love
Reactions: Jean4
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Aren't the people watching normally the ones who truely need watched the most? They see the most suffering, they have the most issues, they're the most 'broken', the ones who really need to have someone by them at all times just to make sure that they are ok.

All the while they are normally thought of as the people who are 'fine' or indestructible regardless of the topic or even things known about them, as if their past makes them stronger, even though the same for others would break them?
If anything at least Jean is open about her problems. I've met people who refuse to show a shred of weakness while holding up a front and helping everyone. Here we can be open and everyone can patch up each other's wounds as best we can. Even if it feels like I'm putting bandages on a sinking ship sometimes.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Aw, sister. If only you knew how worried I get when you write about your impulses in threads. I know all too well how difficult it is to resist them. It's like being on autopilot. Well, if you expect me to fight them, then I expect you to do the same thing.
Are they there right now? Yes. Did I immediately recognize something was wrong and call my doc? Yes. Insight is half the battle. I'm going nowhere. If they get so bad I can't fight it, I will drug the hell out of myself like my pulmonologist said.

Now, at 11:43, I am going to get out of bed and shower and brush my teeth. I made no list today of things I need to do I noticed.
If anything at least Jean is open about her problems. I've met people who refuse to show a shred of weakness while holding up a front and helping everyone. Here we can be open and everyone can patch up each other's wounds as best we can. Even if it feels like I'm putting bandages on a sinking ship sometimes.
I am beyond weak when it comes to myself. Which is why I had Stan and now SinisterKid giving me reality checks lol.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Oh and I noticed @BlueWidow managed to get a red name!

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Oh and I noticed @BlueWidow managed to get a red name!
It's fitting for her avatar despite her name being BlueWidow not RedWidow.

• Love
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
Where is everyone today???
Oh @Sensei .....
I'm here. Having breakfast. Baking bread (in machine! Not actually "baking" it). Took my my meds! Back in a few hours.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019

Bandage on sinking ship--that's a funny image :D I normally say like bandage on compound fracture. Mainly as yeah, it 'helps' as prevents some bleeding from leaking, but really it's useless and just for other's comfort.

When I was much, much younger (2nd grade) I wanted to be a writer--a teacher said it was stupid and get my head out of the clouds. When older, everyone came to me to talk and ask my opinion on what they should do with their problems--for I was their go-to person for things. Classmates, friends, best friends, ex (both when wasn't an ex, and when was an ex). Went to college and figured I'd become a psychologist because 'might as well' everyone expected it. They thought I was a theatre major because of all the hours I had it that lol.

One of my classes made a comment that 'theatre and psychologists (and basically writers) were basically broken/abused as children, and entered those fields for therapy for themselves' almost everyone in the class looked around, then almost everyong just sunk down realizing they outed themselves.

It's amazing how people learn to be so strong on the surface, such good of an actor basically, that they just never really show themseves externally when around others. And yeah, when like here, it's a who cares, no one knows us, even if someone does, not like they can do anything, type of thing.

Oh and @Jean4 I had my pills this morning... ALL of the ones prescribed if you were wondering.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jean4, Sensei and MysticPerception
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Are they there right now? Yes. Did I immediately recognize something was wrong and call my doc?

Not now. Had one yesterday. That's one of the most exhausting things with depressive episodes, that you must steel yourself, stay coold and level-headed, and suppress yuor feelings for every single f**king day for months. At least, that's how it is for me. I might have atypical symptoms.

Yes. Insight is half the battle. I'm going nowhere. If they get so bad I can't fight it, I will drug the hell out of myself like my pulmonologist said.

I have very effective self-medication. Not sure I still would've been here without it, actually.

MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
Bandage on sinking ship--that's a funny image :D I normally say like bandage on compound fracture. Mainly as yeah, it 'helps' as prevents some bleeding from leaking, but really it's useless and just for other's comfort.

When I was much, much younger (2nd grade) I wanted to be a writer--a teacher said it was stupid and get my head out of the clouds. When older, everyone came to me to talk and ask my opinion on what they should do with their problems--for I was their go-to person for things. Classmates, friends, best friends, ex (both when wasn't an ex, and when was an ex). Went to college and figured I'd become a psychologist because 'might as well' everyone expected it. They thought I was a theatre major because of all the hours I had it that lol.

One of my classes made a comment that 'theatre and psychologists (and basically writers) were basically broken/abused as children, and entered those fields for therapy for themselves' almost everyone in the class looked around, then almost everyong just sunk down realizing they outed themselves.

It's amazing how people learn to be so strong on the surface, such good of an actor basically, that they just never really show themseves externally when around others. And yeah, when like here, it's a who cares, no one knows us, even if someone does, not like they can do anything, type of thing.

Oh and @Jean4 I had my pills this morning... ALL of the ones prescribed if you were wondering.
I had an oddly similar thing growing up where I would be the advice person all the time for some reason when it came to friends. I actually had dreams of being an author but I gave up on that. I still wrote for years though for fun. Nothing wrong with wanting to write, saying you had your head in the clouds isn't quite right. At least I don't think there's anything with having a passion for writing, even if it's long gone by now.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Afternoon everyone and congrats BlueWidow for turning red :)

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow, Carina and Sensei
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
@Sensei if you are having a bad day.. come to us!!
Afternoon everyone and congrats BlueWidow for turning red :)
You are coming later and later lol

Reactions: Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

It's not to late to become a writer. I became an author after I developed bipolar disorder. Of course, that means that you have to start writing...

BTW, this is more (circumstantial) evidence that you're bipolar. Bipolars score higher on creativy tests than the general population and are overrepresented in creative professions.
@Sensei if you are having a bad day.. come to us!!

I appreciate that. However, I'll have a bad day every day for the next 3-4 months.

• Love
Reactions: MysticPerception and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I had an oddly similar thing growing up where I would be the advice person all the time for some reason when it came to friends. I actually had dreams of being an author but I gave up on that. I still wrote for years though for fun. Nothing wrong with wanting to write, saying you had your head in the clouds isn't quite right. At least I don't think there's anything with having a passion for writing, even if it's long gone by now.

I have a self-published thing... just because I wanted it... not saying I didn't screw up something in it, but whatever.

Also an over 600 page thing....

And a few screenplays....

And probably 20K pages worth of stuff

That nothing will happen with.

:)

Only catch with me is I have to be in the 'mood' / 'frameset' to write. It takes 1 week of doing nothing. But when I'm in it, I can write for 20 + hours, forgetting to eat, drink, go to the bathroom, everything, as I completely forget all bodily functions! It's really weird honestly... I also tent to nor remember everything I write... I say it's like my subconscious writing most of it, because I can re-read something, and be like 'I know I wrote this, but what is this?!?'

And yeah that teacher was a jerk. She actually ruined my dreams, and made me lie about what I wanted to do, making it that I never was happy with any job choice. It wasn't until 6th or 8th grade (same teacher for a class, so can't remember) realized I excelled at poems. Like really excelled. Like I could whip out one without effort and could do multiples in a class period even within parameters--and most students couldn't even do one.

I so wish I could've had her as my teacher through life. She was great. Also the only lit/English teacher I really remember out of most of them.

• Hugs
Reactions: MysticPerception
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I showered, brushed my teeth, and washed the cat dishes. Back in bed.
Good morning, everyone. How are you guys doing?
Booooooo! How are you doing this fine Saturday?

Reactions: BooGirl and MysticPerception
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
I showered, brushed my teeth, and washed the cat dishes. Back in bed.

Booooooo! How are you doing this fine Saturday?
Sneaking my phone around so that my parents don't get pissed off about me using it on Shabbos :D