Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Yes and no to the acupuncture/alternative med things.

Granted I know even people who do the acupuncture say it's more of a placebo effect (nothing against people who it works for or believe in it of course!), alternative med things--well depends on what it is, as some I know it's placebo (like you could down 50 bottles of it, and it is harmless) other things actually harm me (a nurse recommended something to me... I took it and it caused damage/pain, and it was just some herb!).

One recommended turmeric--I have side effects from it! Apparently it was supposed to help... I wanted it to help, I was hoping it'd help. But it didn't. It just had side effects that were worse than what it was supposed to help (can't even remember now what it was it caused).

I've been to a chiropractor... it didn't help, and it was mainly physical therapy after they did their thing.

I've had multiple injections into my neck and spine. Numerous discs that are degenerating or out of place slightly. None that are bad enough for surgery, but enough that together, well... it adds up. What it is... like C2-C4, L5-S1, and something in the T area have issues toward the top.
I had Bariatric Surgery. I can't take a lot of things, and because of my medical issues, meds don't work they way they should (including herbal.)

If you want, I can do some research for you and see what I can come up with. Which illnesses? Have you tried Bach Flower Remedies, in particular Rescue Remedy?

Reactions: Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Granted it'd be a bit noticeable if I went to work smelling like a sewer, oily hair and all lol

And yeah, I mean I get that, I really do. After a while it's just more and more piling on. I'm on so many meds to control pain/headaches/tremors/etc that it's making it so I can't concentrate/function. Go off, I'm in too much pain to concentrate/function. Most doctors (but one--and doctors say she's crazy lol) say I have Fibromyalgia. Blood work comes back saying my inflammation is in rheumatoid arthritis levels apparently, but no signs of it in joints.

It's like I'm falling apart lol. But I go on. It's just so tiring. Especially since I know that I'd have 40 years left of it if I live, and this is the least amount of pain I'll be in--it's just going to get worse.

Just so many things... too many things.

I honestly wish I would've had a diagnosis earlier. I really wish my friend, when I had a suicide attempt and stopped mid-attempt to take a friend to the er when she was caught in a suicide attempt (yes, her suicide attempt stopped mine), and she noticed it--that maybe instead of not saying something and us striking a deal where neither would stop the other, that she would have said something. But... it is how it is.

That must be incredibly tough to handle and you have to be stronger than most people ever have to be, so I can understand that you're very tired. I don't want to give you false hopes, but new treatments and cures for very serious illnesses and disorders do pop up. To take a couple of notable examples, the discovery, so to speak, of lithium in 1949 revolutionized the treatment of bipolar disorder and the introduction of zidovudine in 1987 the treatment of AIDS. Not to mention the discovery of penicillin in 1928!

Ugh... another dark thing.... this thread needs cute kittens or something now.

Well, I can help you with that!

Kitten

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I had Bariatric Surgery. I can't take a lot of things, and because of my medical issues, meds don't work they way they should (including herbal.)

If you want, I can do some research for you and see what I can come up with. Which illnesses? Have you tried Bach Flower Remedies, in particular Rescue Remedy?
Never heard of that actually

Basically my neck issues are from car accidents (yes, one was from a failed suicide attempt--all others weren't, I had probably 5 accidents when a teenager), but also because a tall woman isn't normally good, so I spent a long part of my life slouching--screwed up my back from it. It's 95% my fault--I totally take blame for it.

And shy of the assumed (but most likely true) of bipolar, fibro, migraines, essential tremors (or start of parkinsons) that's probably the big things... oh and whatever the mass is in my chest.... that's probably the main big things...

Reactions: Circles
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Never heard of that actually

Basically my neck issues are from car accidents (yes, one was from a failed suicide attempt--all others weren't, I had probably 5 accidents when a teenager), but also because a tall woman isn't normally good, so I spent a long part of my life slouching--screwed up my back from it. It's 95% my fault--I totally take blame for it.

And shy of the assumed (but most likely true) of bipolar, fibro, migraines, essential tremors (or start of parkinsons) that's probably the big things... oh and whatever the mass is in my chest.... that's probably the main big things...
I have all that you mentioned except BP. I was diagnosed with that as a teenager. Morphed into Major Depression. Since a teen, I have been on Wellbutrin. That works for me.
Bach Flower Remedies

• Love
Reactions: Circles and Carina
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Morning. Going out in a few minutes

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Did something happen with getting the other one?
Yeah @Squiddy ! This is our puppy too!! Don't you forget that! ;)

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
We're just making sure that it's the puppy we want and not another one
Well. Don't get us all excited. This is our puppy (who are you? :blarg: )

• Love
Reactions: Carina
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Most likely, we will be getting that puppy, but just to make sure, we're still looking :blarg:

R

realjunes

Warlock
Oct 1, 2019
We're just making sure that it's the puppy we want and not another one

@Squiddy - you are "going to the dogs."
Maybe that expression is only funny to Americans, going to the dog? Anything non-USArs? Okay, no sense of humor, I get it.

Reactions: Squiddy
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
@Squiddy - you are "going to the dogs."
Maybe that expression is only funny to Americans, going to the dog? Anything non-USArs? Okay, no sense of humor, I get it.
I get it. Haven't had my coffee yet. Will laugh in a moment lol

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I woke up this morning with 3 cats on me again... this has become a new normal for them... and it is still unusual. They don't want me to go.

• Love
Reactions: Jean4
R

realjunes

Warlock
Oct 1, 2019
I get it. Haven't had my coffee yet. Will laugh in a moment lol

No. You are in the future, you are supposed to be ahead of the rest of us in all regards. Get with it! Squidmeister hasn't even served breakfast, something about going to the dogs. We will have to find another cafe, and on a Monday? No.
:pfff::pfff: (amusing myself)

• Hugs
Reactions: Jean4
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I'm thinking taking the gabapentin this morning was a bad idea... I feel like my eyes are rolling around in my skull.

The gonig to the dogs is really funny though, even without coffee! I do have pop though, so I'm on caffeine

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I'm thinking taking the gabapentin this morning was a bad idea... I feel like my eyes are rolling around in my skull.

The gonig to the dogs is really funny though, even without coffee! I do have pop though, so I'm on caffeine
I can't take Gab. You are a stronger person than me!!!

R

realjunes

Warlock
Oct 1, 2019

@Carina: I feel like my eyes are rolling around in my skull.

Like this?

Blinking alternating eyes

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Odd thing with the gabepentin is it stops seizures... people automatically think that's why I'm on it... like nope! it's for pain. kind of like propranolol, they're like 'oh high blood pressure?' nope! migraines and essential tremors.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
Wish something helped with brain fog.

• Hugs
Reactions: Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I almost forgot to take my meds this morning