A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Alright, imma try to haunt this thread more vehemently now.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Well it died a while back so we're all haunting it now technically.
Yes, true, but I see dead threads on other forums ressurect because a bunch of people took over and new people came in after an effort to keep it floating for some time.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Yes, true, but I see dead threads on other forums ressurect because a bunch of people took over and new people came in after an effort to keep it floating for some time.
That may be the case, but this one has a definite expiration date. It's right in the thread title itself.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Hah!
So we start a new sink next year?
I think combing through the thing to get its ups and downs for a final post before getting it locked would be a neat experience.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Hah!
So we start a new sink next year?
I think combing through the thing to get its ups and downs for a final post before getting it locked would be a neat experience.
Well the sink was originally founded on a Holiday thread that was also time sensitive. So from the get go I figured this one would be replaced next year. I just didn't think it'd die out before then.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I purpose we keep a thing going though:
She Who Shan't Be Named did purpose a thing that has some effect on me, some positive effect - posting a to do list in the morning and then reviewing it before bed. In public, I mean.
With this said, today's goals:
*Take trash out
*Throw out the "milk" (it says "milk alternative". It tastes like milk, smells like milk, goes bad like milk, and looks like milk. It's not milk, it's... I don't know...)
*Throw out unused vegetables
*Buy some nail files
*Roll cigarettes to cover today's use and an extra 10

Last edited:
  • Love
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
AAaaand I did fucking NOTHING.
It's bed-time, I'm tired, I'm stoned, I'm stoned on being tired, and I didn't meet ANY qualifications for this to be a productive day.

• Hugs
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
My housing development distributed masks to each apartment today. We had to sign for them. Everyone handled the same pen.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
It's bed-time, I'm tired, I'm stoned, I'm stoned on being tired, and I didn't meet ANY qualifications for this to be a productive day.
I wish I could be stoned

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
My housing development distributed masks to each apartment today. We had to sign for them. Everyone handled the same pen.
:ohhhh: :pfff:

Sounds like how my planned days usually end up to be honest.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I've learned something from covid-19.... that there's a lot of people who would not only hide a zombie bite, but also feed the zombies, and even lie about someone being a zombie even while they're eating another human.

• Love
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've learned something from covid-19.... that there's a lot of people who would not only hide a zombie bite, but also feed the zombies, and even lie about someone being a zombie even while they're eating another human.
It's just like the movies! What a funny analogy you made there though. It doesn't shock me in the slightest.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
It's just like the movies! What a funny analogy you made there though. It doesn't shock me in the slightest.
sadly remimded of it when a person was like "it's my right to not let anyone know where I've been or who Ive been in contact with after
being diagnosed!" And I'm like... what? before, sure, but I'm pretty sure if someone had a potentially deadly disease, and you were exposed, you'd want to know so you didn't give it to people that would be more likely too...

I can totally see those people freaking the hell out if they thought they had a STD because a partner never told them -- but the partner being like yo, it's not going to kill you.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
sadly remimded of it when a person was like "it's my right to not let anyone know where I've been or who Ive been in contact with after
being diagnosed!" And I'm like... what? before, sure, but I'm pretty sure if someone had a potentially deadly disease, and you were exposed, you'd want to know so you didn't give it to people that would be more likely too...

I can totally see those people freaking the hell out if they thought they had a STD because a partner never told them -- but the partner being like yo, it's not going to kill you.
People are fucking nuts.

The funny thing about all of this too though is that it's against the ADA to make people wear masks. You can just claim your disabled and if they discriminate against you then you could totally sue the shit out of them.

F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
At least they made an attemept? Maybe they wiped it in between each?
No, there are four apartments in my wing, we all came into the hall and signed one after another. Of course we could all go inside and wash our hands immediately afterward, and the distributors were wearing gloves. I do give them credit for the distribution, I just thought it was funny how it was done.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
No, there are four apartments in my wing, we all came into the hall and signed one after another. Of course we could all go inside and wash our hands immediately afterward, and the distributors were wearing gloves. I do give them credit for the distribution, I just thought it was funny how it was done.
Were they nice masks atleast? Or those crappy disposable ones?

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I wish I could be stoned
It's not the nice kind of stoned, it's the kind of too-sfoned-to-be-sleepy-and-too-sleepy-to-actually-sleep kind of stoned. Woke up at friggin 4am and am too tired to exist rn

Are you saying you're allowed to not be tested to make sure you don't fuck people up via Second Pestilence in the US?!
I always thought your constitution is a little weird, but this?!

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
It's not the nice kind of stoned, it's the kind of too-sfoned-to-be-sleepy-and-too-sleepy-to-actually-sleep kind of stoned. Woke up at friggin 4am and am too tired to exist rn

Are you saying you're allowed to not be tested to make sure you don't fuck people up via Second Pestilence in the US?!
Oh. I want the nice stoned

F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
Were they nice masks atleast? Or those crappy disposable ones?
It's a pack of five washable masks, pretty comfortable. They're the same as the police were distributing last weekend on the boardwalk. The label says there's silver and copper in them, but they just feel like cotton.

We need them because there are three elevators for a 20-story building, and one of the elevators is reserved for maintenance. If one of the other two goes out, which it does fairly frequently, we all have to cram into the remaining one.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019

People for a while told to not be treated even with symptoms. Now they have anybody tests that apparently are flip of coin accurate but you have to know where they are.

Granted there's nothing stopping people who were tested and tested positive from going out and carrying on daily life as quarantines were voluntary. And stay at home was recommended.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Since @Compodulator would like to carry on the old traditions I guess I will too.

My plans for today are to.
Remain sober
Do a bit of chores
Pull part of my sanity back together.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Oh god. According to Google the next week will be holding at 35-38c starting tomorrow.
Tomorrow is a Saturday - everything is closed. There's nowhere to hide and nowhere to do.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Fuuuck I'm such a wreck. Where is that meteor that @Squiddy Keeps talking about!? I've not been this devastated in years...

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and Epsilon0
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Alright... So I figured how to not die from overheating out there. Surprisingly simple - grab a t-shirt, dunk it in a bucket full of water, put it on.
I may look stupid, but I'm not about to pass out.

I also have an idea of building a hamfisted ac by buying one of those fans that have a hole in the middle and put an ice pack through it.

Semi-related: Arabs are amazing when it comes to tolerating batshit crazy heat. I got a friend in Qatar, and she reports it's 45c there.
Google says it's 39 here, AccuWeather says it's 35,and Snapchat claims it's 31.
I forgot to mention - Qatar friend reports it being PLEASANT 45c. How she is not dead is beyond my understanding.

Last edited: