Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019
They're going to give me transcranial magnetic stimulation.

I have had a course of rTMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) in the past and knew a few other patients who had this therapy as well. While it takes some getting used to, once you've settled on a protocol you could literally read or nap throughout the procedure (it isn't uncommon to nap either, seeing as you are just lying there for 30~40 minutes). You may feel a bit uncomfortable at first but if you like, you can take a dose of acetaminophen before your session if you are worried about that. I hope that the results of this treatment are positive and help you to live more happily.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Welcome back to the free world @Root!

The only thing getting me through is thinking of someone.
But still doesn't change reality.
I hope you have a good day
Just take it one day at a time. I'm always here for you if you need to talk :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Root
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I'm now doing network diagnostics with a person in New York, with people having the issue in Ohio, while I'm in, well, Basically next to Lake Michigan lol.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'm now doing network diagnostics with a person in New York, with people having the issue in Ohio, while I'm in, well, Basically next to Lake Michigan lol.
Carina is worldwide! Sounds like you're having fun today hehe.

Reactions: Carina
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've been playing a lot of piano this morning. I love to write, music and in general. It's always a little helpful
I love to play Piano too! Such a beautiful instrument.

• Love
Reactions: maybeimalreadydead and Carina
R

Root

Student
Sep 15, 2019
I have had a course of rTMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) in the past and knew a few other patients who had this therapy as well. While it takes some getting used to, once you've settled on a protocol you could literally read or nap throughout the procedure (it isn't uncommon to nap either, seeing as you are just lying there for 30~40 minutes). You may feel a bit uncomfortable at first but if you like, you can take a dose of acetaminophen before your session if you are worried about that. I hope that the results of this treatment are positive and help you to live more happily.
Okay thank you I don't know almost anything about it. Did it help you?

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
We have a new rule Ame. To keep me going,... whenever you are on.... You must post here to keep Jean stable ;). I don't care what you post. Could be receipe. You must post. :blarg:

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
How's @Jean4 doing today? Has it been a busy one for you?

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Omg their connection is effed. Something happened to it.... well it is working currently, but honestly it was blind luck. omg it's not even noon.

Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019
Okay thank you I don't know almost anything about it. Did it help you?

It is difficult to say because I had a lot of treatments running concurrently (that and at the time, my life situation was changing for the better overall) but I do think that it helped. I live in a part of the world where there is very few sunlight hours during the winter and I would usually feel much worse during that time (seasonal affective disorder). The year I did rTMS was the only year my mood didn't worsen as a result of seasonal affective disorder. I would say that rTMS is definitely worth a try. It isn't an invasive treatment and there are fewer negative side effects.

We have a new rule Ame. To keep me going,... whenever you are on.... You must post here to keep Jean stable ;). I don't care what you post. Could be receipe. You must post. :blarg:

Of course! I will do my best to support you Jean!(╹◡╹)♡

• Love
Reactions: Root and Jean4
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
@BooGirl
@Squiddy keep us updated please if you are going in.
Paging
@Raven Moon
@Sensei
@L0ne1ygh0st
@Morphinekiss
@Nemeshisu
SinisterKid
My psychiatrist basically confirmed that I'm being hospitalized. If I don't go voluntarily, I go involuntarily so I chose voluntary. I just hope it helps

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BlueWidow, NonsenseTrash, BooGirl and 2 others
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
My psychiatrist basically confirmed that I'm being hospitalized. If I don't go voluntarily, I go involuntarily so I chose voluntary. I just hope it helps
How long are you usually gone? I think you said 5 days?

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Have fun! Really, I mean it.. Try to be positive, it might help, and make the time be more positive for you. That way you don't feel as trapped. Even if they say "yeah we're changing it to involuntary"--don't worry, just stay positive, and try to get better. And do what everyone does if need be if you really think you're getting nothing out of it, or you're going to .... well you'll know.... just lie so you can get out if you feel you need to...

M

maybeimalreadydead

Oct 9, 2019
It is... I play / write all kinds. I really love to sit and listen to classical though. Sometimes I just turn it on and pretend I know how to dance, spinning around in my studio.

• Love
Reactions: Jean4 and Brick In The Wall
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I wrote a piece of music when in high school, the band butchered it... like... horribly.... I had to slow it down so much that they called it a death march rofl.

I wasn't paying attention and started playing it at the right speed, with right focus on parts on a piano during a break of a football game, and someone was like "that's beautiful! What is it?" and I was like 'the song everyone butchered' lol. Truthfully the full thing sucked, but it was more of a meaningfulf if I played the parts with more emotional things together on a piano.

Reactions: Soulless_Angel
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I really am trying to get real work done.

Between horrible horrible brain fog and slow internet, it isn't working.

1:32 pm. Jean. Regroup!!!!!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow, Ame, Carina and 1 other person
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Ok, here's a question out of nowhere: anybody here still plays Heroes of Might and Magic 3?

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Finally in bed at the end of another marathon day. It's going to be another cold one here tonight in The Bunker. Still waiting for the sodding plumber to get back to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlueWidow, Brick In The Wall and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Ugh... work work work.... and office manager decided to do the same thing as I did after I did... again... like whatever... I at least gave a heads up to the place when I called that it would happen.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Finally in bed at the end of another marathon day. It's going to be another cold one here tonight in The Bunker. Still waiting for the sodding plumber to get back to me.
And you are who? :blarg:
Nothing better than snuggling in bed when it's cold.
Get anything exciting done today?

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
And you are who? :blarg:

I so read that as
"Nothing better than SN uggling in bed" rofl

omg this day is lasting forever.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: BlueWidow, NonsenseTrash, Soulless_Angel and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
And you are who?
Today I achieved nothing but a hefty overdose of medication I need to take to survive. Some replies on here and a little time in game online to try and de-stress. Hailstones and wind here. And that was just my trips to the toilet! Muhahahhaa!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BlueWidow, Jean4 and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Today I achieved nothing but a hefty overdose of medication I need to take to survive. Some replies on here and a little time in game online to try and de-stress. Hailstones and wind here. And that was just my trips to the toilet! Muhahahhaa!
My mom's boyfriend gave me between 100-500 gabepentin that he didn't need lol
I told my mom he can take them back though, they could help with his pain.... I mean I have a script, and have enough

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
My mom's boyfriend gave me between 100-500 gabepentin that he didn't need lol
Wow. My doc tried to give me that but I refused as I didn't want to be sedated in any way. I shudda accepted.

Reactions: Jean4
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Wow. My doc tried to give me that but I refused as I didn't want to be sedated in any way. I shudda accepted.
it makes you drowsy, clouded mind, basically out of it... truthfully it makes me not really with it.... but the side effect of not having it is so much pain I'd probably say screw it and even end it with a knife to my arms after downing a few prescription blood thinners and others.... so I deal with it. One used to make me drowsy, then two, now two with a sleeping pill, now I can take two with a sleeping pill, and another one 4 hours later and still be 'fine'

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
it makes you drowsy, clouded mind, basically out of it... truthfully it makes me not really with it.... but the side effect of not having it is so much pain I'd probably say screw it and even end it with a knife to my arms after downing a few prescription blood thinners and others.... so I deal with it. One used to make me drowsy, then two, now two with a sleeping pill, now I can take two with a sleeping pill, and another one 4 hours later and still be 'fine'
Aw I'm sorry you have to deal with that pain, it sucks.
Yeah mine was for neuropathic pain. Unfortunately If I sleep for more than an hour or so I go into urinary retention, which is waaaay mote painful that what the gaba would be masking.

• Hugs
Reactions: Carina