CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I've had the same experience. I've been on just about every SSRI known to man and absolutely none of them did anything for me. I went off of every one of them on my own, just quit taking them when the prescription ran out so I wouldn't have to spend anymore money on them because they're very expensive. In my case, very expensive sugar pills. I'm glad that they help other people, but they didn't do a thing for me.
And I also drank alcohol while I was on them and absolutely nothing happened.
Well I had some side-effects. But the funniest part is that it's actually possible that low serotonin is good, and those SSRIs that have terapeutic effect actually suppress some specific serotonin receptors and that in turn causes cortisol levels to drop over few weeks. But tl;dr is that meds are shit. I decided that if I get good, being meds-free (and alcohol/nicotine-free too) would be part of it.

Reactions: Polly and BlueWidow
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Well I had some side-effects. But the funniest part is that it's actually possible that low serotonin is good, and those SSRIs that have terapeutic effect actually suppress some specific serotonin receptors and that in turn causes cortisol levels to drop over few weeks. But tl;dr is that meds are shit. I decided that if I get good, being meds-free (and alcohol/nicotine-free too) would be part of it.
Did you convert to Mormonism or something? Alcohol AND tobacco free!? Fuck my life...

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I just want one of us on this thread to get a break on something, and I don't mean a break as in a broken bone or something!
Yeah, I'm actually not doing bad recently.
------------
But now I shall be going to sleep. Leaving the day watch to the rest of you folks :heart:

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I rally need to keep up with this thread, but fuck it!

• Love
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Did you convert to Mormonism or something? Alcohol AND tobacco free!? Fuck my life...
No, fuck religion. It's just the better you feel, the more cigs taste like shit and alcohol makes you feel less good and dumber, and that's about it. So, like, what's the point?

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
No, fuck religion. It's just the better you feel, the more cigs taste like shit and alcohol makes you feel less good and dumber, and that's about it. So, like, what's the point?
Clean living!!! You're right, what's the point? Explain it to me if you have a second.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
to those still with us, and to those not, someone I know was buried today after taking her own life in Dec, this is raised to her also
85117086 2801174793308520 2518933134385348608 n

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Deleted member 1465, Carina and 4 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I told them the reason for my depression was mainly the feeling of incompetence and they both thought I was bull shitting and they laughed when I said that there's things I don't know how to do such as taxes and etc.

• Aww..
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I rally need to keep up with this thread, but fuck it!
I can't usually keep up with it either. I just dive in wherever I find a good place and start talking. :pfff: It does move very fast!

• Hugs
Reactions: Jean4 and Soulless_Angel
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
@BlueWidow olanzapine was very friendly to me when I was taking it, but when I stopped, effect was nullified. I had olanzapine only at night and it was making me drowsy, so I had to work in such a state. Generally it is a good pill, but it makes the weight increase sharply and cause diabetes.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I can't usually keep up with it either. I just dive in wherever I find a good place and start talking. :pfff: It does move very fast!

I was dipping in every day then for personal reasons I held back and was every few days ... big flipping mistake!!! I ain't reading, back!!
I have started private messaging people I will accept that now, its so much easier!
anyone wana bullet point me?!!

• Love
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
  • Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Carina, BlueWidow and 1 other person
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
@BlueWidow olanzapine was very friendly to me when I was taking it, but when I stopped, effect was nullified. I had olanzapine only at night and it was making me drowsy, so I had to work in such a state. Generally it is a good pill, but it makes the weight increase sharply and cause diabetes.
Yes I find it odd that a lot of antidepressants and other meds associated with mental health cause a lot of weight gain and so forth. I wonder why that is, and if anyone is investigating it so they can do something about it? That's not good that it can cause diabetes.
Everyone's body chemistry is so different. Some people can do fine while they're on a pill, but then when they stop taking it they have issues. Other people can take the same pill and have issues while they're taking the pill, but the issues stop when they go off of the pill. And still other people have no issues taking the pill because the pill has no effect on them. That's the category I usually seem to fall in. I always get to experience all the lovely side effects without any of the benefits that I'm supposed to experience. I must have some weird body chemistry or something.

Reactions: faust
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Oh shit, any ideas? i was gonna mail him :(
Talked to a mod. Basically, have faith he will return. I have more faith that I will sleep honestly... but I am like a puppy dog waiting at the front door watching for his return.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow and Soulless_Angel
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I can't believe they think I'm doing this all for attention. Now some shit did go down in the past where I told my friend that I cut because I wanted support and she asked to see a picture of my cut so I sent it to her and she freaked out (not thinking she would send it to my mom)

• Aww..
departing

departing

Enlightened
Jul 5, 2019
Olanzapine did not help me much, because right now I am facing the schizo part of schizoaffective disorder. Aripiprazole made me appear in emergency department with side effects which made these days the worst in entire life
I gained a lot of weight while using Olanzapine.

Reactions: faust
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I was dipping in every day then for personal reasons I held back and was every few days ... big flipping mistake!!! I ain't reading, back!!
I have started private messaging people I will accept that now, its so much easier!
anyone wana bullet point me?!!
Actually, I think that bullet point is a very excellent idea. I think at the end of the day somebody should have a bullet point thing about everything that was discussed so the people on the "opposite shift" can know what happened. Problem is, I don't know anyone that has the energy to do that on here. That person would have to stay on here all day and monitor what was being said and write it all down so that they could do some kind of a summary at the end of the day or something.
I think PMing people is also a great idea and may be a better way to do it, if you want to keep up with what's going on on here. :heart:

I'm not quite sure about today, but I know yesterday was a strange day for everybody. Everyone seemed to be off kilter. Not sure how things are going with everyone today yet. Some people seem to be doing better, and some not. Typical day, I guess?

• Love
Reactions: Soulless_Angel
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
@BlueWidow That might not work for you as well. It is not an easy way to select the proper medication. It is a method of trials and errors. I gained on olanza 10 kilos in just 2 months. And when I stopped it I hardly ate anything and dropped 8-9 kilos in a little bit more than a week. Normally I do not gain weight, but olanza increases appetite. I feel okay not eating several days in a row, have just had a few burgers and only because it was freezing outside.
I gained a lot of weight while using Olanzapine.
Yes, it is very common. You can easily gain 30-50 kg on olanza

Last edited:
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I can't believe they think I'm doing this all for attention. Now some shit did go down in the past where I told my friend that I cut because I wanted support and she asked to see a picture of my cut so I sent it to her and she freaked out (not thinking she would send it to my mom)
My mom was then like "why would you send it to her knowing she would be scared?" Well I didn't know she'd be scared and I didn't think she would send it to her.

• Love
Reactions: Carina and BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
My mom was then like "why would you send it to her knowing she would be scared?" Well I didn't know she'd be scared and I didn't think she would send it to her.
I'm so sorry @Squiddy. Only a person who's never been depressed would think that someone would pretend to be depressed just to get attention. I've never cut myself before, but I can't imagine that you would do something like that to yourself either just to get attention. And if you are, what you're trying to draw attention to is the fact that you're in severe pain and you'd like somebody to actually notice it. It's not like you want random attention for no reason.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I'm sorry. There's a lot of ways to get attention, but that's not one. And your friend asked for it, and then sent it to your mom? Why would she be scared of it. I don't even think scaring people for attention would be a good idea either for that matter.

• Love
Reactions: Squiddy