CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I'd like to say that I've just become good at lying to them since I've been to more facilities than I can count, but I think this time I just got lucky.
Only grandmasters can even get that lucky :wink:

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Morning guys, well I managed to sleep 11 hours, that's been a first for a while

How's everyone keeping this morning?

Reactions: MysticPerception and Carina
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Morning! I'm trying to choke down my apple cider vinegar. Let's get this day started!

Reactions: MysticPerception, Carina and Soulless_Angel
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Let's get this day started!
Let's get it ended. I'm stuck in a work-related talk where I spent an hour writing a document and now we're going through the document line by line. This is hell. I hope my bus doesn't lead me to places like this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Carina
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Let's get it ended. I'm stuck in a work-related talk where I spent an hour writing a document and now we're going through the document line by line. This is hell. I hope my bus doesn't lead me to places like this.
Think positive. Your job sucks. It's horrible... but you have it, and I am sure you are fantastic at it. It's called work for a reason. ;)

One of the reasons why Stan CTB was because he lost his job and couldn't find another after years of looking. That wasn't the best for his all ready low self esteem. ;)

Think of your paycheck coming on in. ;)

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I just realized I have to take one of my pills I took last night when I 'shouldn't have' lol... this is going to be interesting since I haven't eaten for like 18 hours lol

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Your job sucks. It's horrible...
It's not, tbh. I just hate working in general, and I deliberately done this to avoid having long pointless conversations. Good intentions, I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: MysticPerception
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I just realized I have to take one of my pills I took last night when I 'shouldn't have' lol... this is going to be interesting since I haven't eaten for like 18 hours lol
Do what I do since I have to as Alexa what day it is. Pill organizer. I have 0 memory from lack of oxygen.
It's not, tbh. I just hate working in general, and I deliberately done this to avoid having long pointless conversations. Good intentions, I guess.
Which is why we call it work!! Think of the paycheck as I hide from bill collectors lol

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I had a job that had meetings every morning, and an hour+ long meeting every thursday (think thursday)... I hated meetings...
They were status updates, and I was always like we'd get more done if we didn't have to be in these meetings

seriously, we'd have a meeting to discuss server's being down, while they were down, instead of trying to fix the servers, while production was halted!

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I had a job that had meetings every morning, and an hour+ long meeting every thursday (think thursday)... I hated meetings...
They were status updates, and I was always like we'd get more done if we didn't have to be in these meetings

seriously, we'd have a meeting to discuss server's being down, while they were down, instead of trying to fix the servers, while production was halted!
Do they give you food at the meetings?

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Do what I do since I have to as Alexa what day it is. Pill organizer. I have 0 memory from lack of oxygen.
Oh I totally took it intentionally though. max 1 beta blocker a day... in the morning... I took one last night... with muscle relaxant.. and not something else that'd... ok it wouldn't have killed me, but I still can't feel my pulse and it's still really low.

I need to take another one to get back on regular schedule lol.

Fortunately I don't have to drive this morning. I'm not eating though this morning... that way, 'just in case' I can blame things on not eating.
Do they give you food at the meetings?
ROFL

nope--one was before work technically (like 7:30-745 and lastted 5-15min), the other one was at lunch, so 'whatever we brought ourselves'

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019

Hahaha that's golden. Sounds about as backwards as my current job.

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Which is why we call it work!! Think of the paycheck as I hide from bill collectors lol
It's about 4 times not that great compared to few other options I have. I'm here more for ability to work from home with very flexible time, and potential chance for it to become something bigger.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
It's about 4 times not that great compared to few other options I have. I'm here more for ability to work from home with very flexible time, and potential chance for it to become something bigger.
Nothing beat working from home. I took a job that was horrible for less pay and horrible hours just for that reason so I could take care of my cat.

• Love
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Nothing beat working from home.
I'd say having a shit ton of money and ability to not work ever in your life beats it.

Reactions: MysticPerception and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Ugh... it's 7am... my ride isn't ready to take me to work... I probably should take something to eat for lunch in case I have to eat something.... oh yeah and should take pills.

I did my shot though... so there's that.
Really postponing the pills until I know i'm leaving, don't want to fall over getting to the car lol

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'd say having a shit ton of money and ability to not work ever in your life beats it.

Maybe to some. I know when I went extended periods of time without working it started to become a nightmare in its own right. I started to feel useless and even more depressed.

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Maybe to some.
Definitely to me. It's not like anything would even change significantly. I could still do programming, just I'd have more freedom with my time and choice of projects, but I'd also be free to, say, take a month or so off to just rest and focus on exercise or my health.

Reactions: MysticPerception, Brick In The Wall and Carina
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Definitely to me. It's not like anything would even change significantly. I could still do programming, just I'd have more freedom with my time and choice of projects, but I'd also be free to, say, take a month or so off to just rest and focus on exercise or my health.

As long as you're staying productive in some way I could see it.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Cake anyone. IMG 20200122 213841

• Love
Reactions: MysticPerception, Root and CynicalHopelessness