Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Check in

@Root
@L0ne1ygh0st (May be in the hospital)
@Raven Moon
@Sensei
I'm here. So I have Dr appointment tomorrow. Do you guys have any suggestions about how I can request specific sleep meds? I tried Seroquel and side effects too bad...I know he will suggest trazodone but I don't want that one.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soulless_Angel and Carina
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I'm here. So I have Dr appointment tomorrow. Do you guys have any suggestions about how I can request specific sleep meds? I tried Seroquel and side effects too bad...I know he will suggest trazodone but I don't want that one.
I use medical marijuana. Have you tried Benadryl?

Reactions: Carina
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
I can so relate to this. Seems like when I am awake and as functional as I can get, everyone else is sleeping or at least all the businesses are closed.

The joys of chronic illness :pfff:

Do you have much to get through? I thought you were almost done with everything.

The good thing today is i seem to have managed to get my oxygen regulator mailed out to me by the end of the week, so hopefully it will be here next week. Once i get some wrenches, and my nitrogen tank, i'm all set!

That's considerate of you to spare me the details of what you're going through, but if it's helpful for you to talk about it, I certainly don't mind listening.

Oh, it's all the same stuff you've seen in real life and read about in books and articles. Nothing noteworthy to write home about. Thank you for always being so compassionate, though :)

What are your sleep issues? Is it sleep latency, waking up repeatedly, unrefreshing sleep, etc?

Cannabis helps me loads. Short of that, alprazolam/xanax seems to work wonders on me, and i've tried all the sleep drugs in vogue presently (to no effect).

It's so stupid. Some of hte drugs they say you can't take for more than 2 weeks at a time because of how addictive they are. So am i only supposed to sleep better for two weeks at a time? ridiculous.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: BlueWidow and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Apparently my area now takes debit cards for lotto tickets.... so my mom wants me to use my debit card to buy her lotto tickets... oh and her boyfriend...

I just want to go home... They're not going to win, it's my effing money. And I really didn't want to have to transfer money fro my savings just to buy them effing lotto tickets...

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Backwood_tilt and BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
The joys of chronic illness :pfff:

Do you have much to get through? I thought you were almost done with everything.
Yes, I am mostly through now. I'm pretty much ready to go. As I wrote in another thread just a couple of minutes ago, right now I'm mostly just waiting for the right trigger. I'm not in any major hurry to go, but I also don't want to be here much longer. But I think something is probably going to happen between now and the middle of February that will be the trigger- just the extra little push- that I need to do it. That's why I just wanted to have everything ready. Meanwhile, I'm just studying up on SN again, using table salt to measure out my doses, that kind of thing. If it's at all possible, when the time comes, I practically want to be able to do this in my sleep because I'm so used to it & know it so well. Someone on another thread published an article that said most people who succeed are able to succeed because they practice. That's what I'm trying to do here. I'm just trying to practice measuring and mixing the correct dose of SN, etc. I haven't done much drinking of the salt. I tried it once and it's very salty, but this is table salt, not SN. That will stay sealed until I'm actually ready to do it. Someone suggested using a straw, so I thought I might try that and see how it works. I'm mostly just trying different things and seeing what works best while I wait for my trigger.
Apparently my area now takes debit cards for lotto tickets.... so my mom wants me to use my debit card to buy her lotto tickets... oh and her boyfriend...

I just want to go home... They're not going to win, it's my effing money. And I really didn't want to have to transfer money fro my savings just to buy them effing lotto tickets...
Uh, if you paid for the ticket then any winnings would be yours, not theirs.
I love Paul Lynde! @Carina & I were just discussing him yesterday.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Morphinekiss and Carina
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I use medical marijuana. Have you tried Benadryl?
Oh goodness yes I'm a regular Benadryl and unisom user nightly. Im so tolerant that it has no effect much anymore. I get Xanax but I really don't want to use that for sleep anymore...I want to save them.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Yes, I am mostly through now. I'm pretty much ready to go. As I wrote in another thread just a couple of minutes ago, right now I'm mostly just waiting for the right trigger. I'm not in any major hurry to go, but I also don't want to be here much longer. But I think something is probably going to happen between now and the middle of February that will be the trigger- just the extra little push- that I need to do it. That's why I just wanted to have everything ready. Meanwhile, I'm just studying up on SN again, using table salt to measure out my doses, that kind of thing. If it's at all possible, when the time comes, I practically want to be able to do this in my sleep because I'm so used to it & know it so well. Someone on another thread published an article that said most people who succeed are able to succeed because they practice. That's what I'm trying to do here. I'm just trying to practice measuring and mixing the correct dose of SN, etc. I haven't done much drinking of the salt. I tried it once and it's very salty, but this is table salt, not SN. That will stay sealed until I'm actually ready to do it. Someone suggested using a straw, so I thought I might try that and see how it works. I'm mostly just trying different things and seeing what works best while I wait for my trigger.

Uh, if you paid for the ticket then any winnings would be yours, not theirs.

I love Paul Lynde! @Carina & I were just discussing him yesterday.
Practice like your death depends on it?

And yeah it should... but really, well, it'd get back to them anyway lol.

and yep... gotta love Paul Lynde!

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
I'm not in any major hurry to go, but I also don't want to be here much longer. But I think something is probably going to happen between now and the middle of February that will be the trigger- just the extra little push- that I need to do it. That's why I just wanted to have everything ready. Meanwhile, I'm just studying up on SN again, using table salt to measure out my doses, that kind of thing. If it's at all possible, when the time comes, I practically want to be able to do this in my sleep because I'm so used to it & know it so well. Someone on another thread published an article that said most people who succeed are able to succeed because they practice. That's what I'm trying to do here

Oh wow, our schedules just might line up lol. Thank god for public transit.

I read the same article! and i will also dedicate some time to practicing. i have been visualizing without materials, but i know itl'l be a different experience with a large plastic bag over my head.

Straw sounds like a good idea if you want to prevent tasting it as much as possible. Aaaagh i can't wait to get everything set up on my end. I am not long for this world.

• Love
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Looking at one college and they say they don't have any grades or tests and instead do evaluations

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Something isn't right.
I'll look more into it. It seems like an interesting college and has game design which I want to do

Reactions: Jean4 and Carina
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
Looking at one college and they say they don't have any grades or tests and instead do evaluations

I've actually read about this before. It's like montessori for adults. There was a famous American "educational reformer" by the name of John Dewey who actually wrote a lot about the worth of traditional evaluation methods.

There are a small number of "deweyite" schools - including accredited universities - left in the US, that employ those principles. Some of them still give grades for practical reasons, from what i understand.

Reactions: Squiddy and LegaliseIt!
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
One also has to look at the agency providing the accreditation. Sadly, the Scammy schools have been able to get accreditation from agencies that sound legit, and have names similar to actual accreditation orgs, but all they provide is an official looking document.

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I was looking at a place like that when I was looking into my second masters. I can't remember the name for the life of me right now, but it was legit.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Yeah, I mean anymore it's just good to get second/third opinions on schools... just in case... and not from the people who go there... they normally lie. lol

:O

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
@Jean4, I've taken my shower, but I think it's still pouring rain outside. If it's raining I may wait till tomorrow to get my mail. I just dried my hair and I don't want to have to do it again. I don't know, maybe if I can find an umbrella. . . . . Seems kind of silly to have to take an umbrella to the mailbox. Actually, as much as it's been raining here I might need a boat. LOL!

Reactions: LegaliseIt! and Carina
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
@Jean4, I've taken my shower, but I think it's still pouring rain outside. If it's raining I may wait till tomorrow to get my mail. I just dried my hair and I don't want to have to do it again. I don't know, maybe if I can find an umbrella. . . . . Seems kind of silly to have to take an umbrella to the mailbox. Actually, as much as it's been raining here I might need a boat. LOL!
Nothing good in the mail anyway. If can wait. ;)

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I looked up the accreditation and it seems legit

Reactions: LegaliseIt!
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'll look more into it. It seems like an interesting college and has game design which I want to do

I'm an indie developer. Lemme know if you need help.

Reactions: Squiddy
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Thanks. Might need a bit of help finding a college with a good game design program

Full sail is a decent one that caters specifically to it. Alot of graduates have went on to big companies.