CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Truthfully my 'retirement' plan was to die. Still is.
Honestly, felt the same for a long time. And you can retire at any age of your choice! (I even have some savings if I want to just go nuts after leaving work)

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Retire? ROFL yeah that's never happening. even if I died of natural causes, I'd die still working

How about we just say 54 is an old age, and 43 is the new 54, and call it a day rofl
:pfff::pfff:
It's weird, I never saw myself getting old because I was either too suicidal or just because I grew up with my mom dying and knew that she was going to go young so I must be too..the idea of growing old just seems so foreign to me.
I have a similar pattern in my family. My mother was only 41 when she died. I've had three sisters die at ages 34, 52, and 56 respectively. I am 50 and I have a niece who is 52, so she's now at the age when her mother died. She and I were having a discussion how none of the women in our family make it out of their 50s alive.
Of course, she was discussing it from the viewpoint that she was worried about dying.
I, of course, couldn't express my ideas that I find the idea of not making it out of my 50s comforting. However, since I just turned 50 last year, I don't want to have to wait for nature to take it's course. I'd rather help it along. I had really hoped that I would've died by this point already. I didn't even want to make it to 50, and I certainly don't want to make it to 51.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soulless_Angel, LegaliseIt!, MysticPerception and 2 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
So fucking frustrated right now. Just want to get blitzed beyond recognition. Bought to drive down the road about 90 in a 60.

Why the kamikaze mode, brother? I thought your life situation had stabilized. Be that as it may, it's perhaps a good idea to get hammered tonight, but not to maim yourself in a car accident. Stay cool.

As you implied in another post, we need to fight to stay human. We tend to become so obsessed with our own suffering that we forget that others can suffer too. It's probably better to focus on other people's pain so that we can forget our own. That's my two cents, anyway.

Reactions: MysticPerception
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Why the kamikaze mode, brother? I thought your life situation had stabilized. Be that as it may, it's perhaps a good idea to get hammered tonight, but not to maim yourself in a car accident. Stay cool.

As you implied in another post, we need to fight to stay human. We tend to become so obsessed with our own suffering that we forget that others can suffer too. It's probably better to focus on other people's pain so that we can forget our own. That's my two cents, anyway.
He's fine now. We bonded. :wink:

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
I've been studying like crazy for the tutoring work. Going kind of well! I'm still worried that I won't have the correct breadth of knowledge, but we'll see.

• Hugs
Reactions: CynicalHopelessness, LegaliseIt!, MysticPerception and 2 others
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I'm glad he's feeling better. You rock @Jean4!
:heart:
You know I'm here for you too. :wink:
I've been studying like crazy for the tutoring work. Going kind of well! I'm still worried that I won't have the correct breadth of knowledge, but we'll see.
Boooooooo! You know more than you think you know, and you got this! I'm proud of you!

• Love
Reactions: LegaliseIt! and BlueWidow
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
Boooooooo! You know more than you think you know, and you got this! I'm proud of you!

Studying more for this than my actual class lol, crazy what a cash incentive could do

Reactions: LegaliseIt!, MysticPerception and Jean4
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I'm trying to resist the urge to dump everything into the garbage without looking.
So tempting... so tempting......

Studying more for this than my actual class lol, crazy what a cash incentive could do
Being paid to do stuff is fun :D

Reactions: LegaliseIt!
SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
This is the best album artwork I have come across in a while, I really like it.
Trippy

Reactions: LegaliseIt!, MysticPerception and Carina
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
:pfff::pfff:

I have a similar pattern in my family. My mother was only 41 when she died. I've had three sisters die at ages 34, 52, and 56 respectively. I am 50 and I have a niece who is 52, so she's now at the age when her mother died. She and I were having a discussion how none of the women in our family make it out of their 50s alive.
Of course, she was discussing it from the viewpoint that she was worried about dying.
I, of course, couldn't express my ideas that I find the idea of not making it out of my 50s comforting. However, since I just turned 50 last year, I don't want to have to wait for nature to take it's course. I'd rather help it along. I had really hoped that I would've died by this point already. I didn't even want to make it to 50, and I certainly don't want to make it to 51.

That's a very interesting pattern. Is it random? I could imagine it'd be concerning for someone who isn't suicidal. Sorry for the delay in responding, I was getting ready for work. A little too early, apparently. Second time I've done that this week. Lol. My roommate is annoyed, understandably.

• Hugs
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Kind of worried about @Jean4 's magical abilities for..... reasons....

lol

Unrelated, just watched a cool video of human cremation from body->handoff in box... was cool.
Yes, We'll have to find a way to keep @Jean4's powers aligned with The Force. Don't want her joining the Dark Side! LOL!

Was that "Ask A Mortician" on YouTube? She may be other places as well. I've been watching some of her videos and, yes it's kind of morbid, but it's also very interesting. She has lots of different videos where she discusses what happens to the body when it's being cremated and answers people's questions and so forth. She had another interesting episode where she discussed all the things that happened to Eva Peron's body after she died. Apparently her corpse went on quite an adventure.

• Love
Reactions: Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Yes, We'll have to find a way to keep @Jean4's powers aligned with The Force. Don't want her joining the Dark Side! LOL!

Was that "Ask A Mortician" on YouTube? She may be other places as well. I've been watching some of her videos and, yes it's kind of morbid, but it's also very interesting. She has lots of different videos where she discusses what happens to the body when it's being cremated and answers people's questions and so forth. She had another interesting episode where she discussed all the things that happened to Eva Peron's body after she died. Apparently her corpse went on quite an adventure.

Hmm... wasn't her specifically, I've seen her before though I believe. I just looked for "cremation human " and something, and found a video.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
That's a very interesting pattern. Is it random? I could imagine it'd be concerning for someone who isn't suicidal. Sorry for the delay in responding, I was getting ready for work. A little too early, apparently. Second time I've done that this week. Lol. My roommate is annoyed, understandably.
No need to rush to respond. I'll still be here for a while longer. In most of the cases, my family members had illnesses that they just refused to get treatment for. I think many of my family secretly harbor the same suicidal ideations that I do. However, due to the fact that most of them are very religious, they wouldn't just come out and end their lives. But I think they see a free pass in getting an illness and just not getting treatment for it. Seems like a very hard way to go though, just letting yourself die of some horrific illness, like cancer for example. My mom and sister both died of breast cancer and it was horrible in both cases. Another sister died in a car accident, but it was later revealed that she also had both breast and colon cancer and they found papers in which she had refused treatment for both illnesses, so she would've died anyway. Final sister had diabetes and other untreated illnesses.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Sometimes I wonder....
-- you want to die, people try to stop you because suicide, and doctors can't help
-- you refuse treatment that will result in death , people are sad, doctors wish luck and give whatever pain meds you want.

Especially when the wanting to die is due to medical/etc reasons.

Reactions: cosmicpixiedust and BlueWidow
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soulless_Angel, LegaliseIt!, cosmicpixiedust and 3 others
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
Sometimes I wonder....
-- you want to die, people try to stop you because suicide, and doctors can't help
-- you refuse treatment that will result in death , people are sad, doctors wish luck and give whatever pain meds you want.

Especially when the wanting to die is due to medical/etc reasons.
Something something something illness is inescapable in their minds so they willingly accept people wanting to avoid treatment that will most likely prolong their suffering vs stop being a big baby and suffer like the rest of us how dare you try to kill yourself when there's nothing actually wrong with you. Ugh I'm getting sick just thinking about this now.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Something something something illness is inescapable in their minds so they willingly accept people wanting to avoid treatment that will most likely prolong their suffering vs stop being a big baby and suffer like the rest of us how dare you try to kill yourself when there's nothing actually wrong with you. Ugh I'm getting sick just thinking about this now.
aww I"m sorry :(

My brain is all over today... seriously all over...

• Hugs
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, BlueWidow and MysticPerception
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
aww I"m sorry :(

My brain is all over today... seriously all over...
Don't blame yourself I'm just overwhelmed with stress today. My sister has been running me around like a mule it feels like I have a second job between that and randomly having to entertain a child for possibly 10 minutes to two hours I'm completely exhausted. I feel so worn out despite eating properly and having caffenine. I keep trying to enjoy my normal hobbies but nothing is keeping my interest and my motivation is dead. At least this place still provides some comfort.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LegaliseIt!, BlueWidow and Carina
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
PwincessStepford apparently just took SN... the goodbye thread exist, but... I think it's been taken or is soon

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow and MysticPerception
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

Dec 31, 2019
PwincessStepford apparently just took SN... the goodbye thread exist, but... I think it's been taken or is soon
Thanks for letting us know. It looks like she needed a little encouragement.

• Love
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
It was a bit confusing at first, I got one impression from one place, another from another--so wasn't sure which way was which.

that is, in the either 'making' or 'probably took'

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Reactions: MysticPerception, BlueWidow, Morphinekiss and 1 other person
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Don't blame yourself I'm just overwhelmed with stress today. My sister has been running me around like a mule it feels like I have a second job between that and randomly having to entertain a child for possibly 10 minutes to two hours I'm completely exhausted. I feel so worn out despite eating properly and having caffenine. I keep trying to enjoy my normal hobbies but nothing is keeping my interest and my motivation is dead. At least this place still provides some comfort.
I know it's hard to keep up appearances for people, especially when you really don't feel well. And yes I could see how having to entertain children would be extremely draining. It's draining me just thinking about it. Sending love and hugs. :hug: :heart:

• Love
Reactions: MysticPerception
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
No need to rush to respond. I'll still be here for a while longer. In most of the cases, my family members had illnesses that they just refused to get treatment for. I think many of my family secretly harbor the same suicidal ideations that I do. However, due to the fact that most of them are very religious, they wouldn't just come out and end their lives. But I think they see a free pass in getting an illness and just not getting treatment for it. Seems like a very hard way to go though, just letting yourself die of some horrific illness, like cancer for example. My mom and sister both died of breast cancer and it was horrible in both cases. Another sister died in a car accident, but it was later revealed that she also had both breast and colon cancer and they found papers in which she had refused treatment for both illnesses, so she would've died anyway. Final sister had diabetes and other untreated illnesses.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about their illnesses and that they didn't get treatment (if they wanted to live, if not then I understand). Sometimes it's hard for religious people to admit to being suicidal or having ideations, which is unfortunate. I hate that there is such a stigma to it all. Anyway, I also see it as a horrific way to go. If I ever get a terminal illness then I know it'll be my time at some point shortly after.

I watched my mom smoke herself to death after being diagnosed with emphysema and COPD, and watched her many suicide attempts and cries for help. I still don't understand it all, I just know that my mother was very mentally ill and sick from smoking and wouldn't quit. I don't see why she would continue to smoke, but I guess if she was suicidal and unhappy then why not? I don't fully understand it yet because of all the trauma she has caused in my life, but I think as a pro choice adult I kind of do.

• Hugs