cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
So I've noticed on my arm there's scars that are becoming more visible.. not a lot, but a few... what's odd is they weren't visible a few years ago, well this much...

I'd really like to know what made them more visible.

I googled it, but I think there are too many factors at play to really guess. At least for me to do so, cause I totally was curious if I could find an answer. Lol.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I googled it, but I think there are too many factors at play to really guess. At least for me to do so, cause I totally was curious if I could find an answer. Lol.
Yeah...

I'm glad that... ok I caused them, but at least I didn't do that many, but they aren't as obviously covered up now... Who knows. Maybe I just see them because I know where they are.

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Yeah...

I'm glad that... ok I caused them, but at least I didn't do that many, but they aren't as obviously covered up now... Who knows. Maybe I just see them because I know where they are.
I know blood flow could be a contributing factor, do you have circulation issues? I have self harm scars too, it's okay ❤️

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
not overall? I say that as ironically the beta blocker I"m on can potentially be used to treat circulation problems lol

That is ironic. lol Who knows then. As you said, you could just be noticing them more.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
That is ironic. lol Who knows then. As you said, you could just be noticing them more.
Yeah, I actually only know that as a neighbor was rushed to the ER once with blue toes, and they put her on the same pill so her toes got oxygen again lol.

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Yeah, I actually only know that as a neighbor was rushed to the ER once with blue toes, and they put her on the same pill so her toes got oxygen again lol.

Interesting. May I ask what medication it is?

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Have a nice sleep.
There is something very mentally draining about trying to entertain a four year old that can't use the keyboard or mouse yet but has a tablet that he uses no problem.
...aaaand I couldn't fall asleep lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: Carina and MysticPerception
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I hate it when that happens. It seem insomnia is rampant on SS. Hope you don't lose too much sleep today/tomorrow.
Tomorrow is a day off so I at least can sleep in the middle of a day if I feel like it. But now I just felt too agitated for several hours.

• Hugs
Reactions: MysticPerception and Carina
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Propranolol.... not saying it was the right one for it, but it's what they gave her lol
It apparently can also cause issues? but who knows.

Not going to lie, I was kind of hoping that was it. My case manager thinks that will help my physical social anxiety symptoms and I have circulation issues as well. It also helps in the long term with my CTB plan, but that's neither here nor there at the moment. As far as I'm concerned if I can squirrel some away while feeling better it's a win-win for me.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Not going to lie, I was kind of hoping that was it. My case manager thinks that will help my physical social anxiety symptoms and I have circulation issues as well. It also helps in the long term with my CTB plan, but that's neither here nor there at the moment. As far as I'm concerned if I can squirrel some away while feeling better it's a win-win for me.

Yeah, I have it for migraines.... essential tremors... who knows maybe it treats other things.... it practically the "miracle drug" I'm on as it treats numerous things.

I can say though that when my hands tremble if I don't have it... I totally lose it, I broke down crying one day in front of my mom and she was like 'what's wrong?' and I just said "I can't write my name". And I don't mean not able to write it, but not able to hold a pen, I drop things now as it is. not clumsy, just, related to the essential tremors.... or the other disease that if I have... nope.

• Aww..
Reactions: BlueWidow
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Yeah, I have it for migraines.... essential tremors... who knows maybe it treats other things.... it practically the "miracle drug" I'm on as it treats numerous things.

I can say though that when my hands tremble if I don't have it... I totally lose it, I broke down crying one day in front of my mom and she was like 'what's wrong?' and I just said "I can't write my name". And I don't mean not able to write it, but not able to hold a pen, I drop things now as it is. not clumsy, just, related to the essential tremors.... or the other disease that if I have... nope.

I'm so glad that you have it and that it helps you. I hope that you have it as much as possible in the future because it sounds absolutely terrible when you don't. :( *hug*

• Love
Reactions: MysticPerception, BlueWidow and Carina
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I see you @BlueWidow and don't think I'll ever forget you or your kindness. You taught me a very valuable lesson. You once said that you hated to see a thread go unanswered in some way. That always stuck with me.

• Love
Reactions: Soulless_Angel, MysticPerception, BlueWidow and 1 other person
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
I was supposed to take a nap before work. This forum is addicting!

Reactions: MysticPerception
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
@cosmicpixiedust of course it is. Any good company is addicting :sunglasses:

• Love
Reactions: MysticPerception, BlueWidow and cosmicpixiedust
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I'm so glad that you have it and that it helps you. I hope that you have it as much as possible in the future because it sounds absolutely terrible when you don't. :( *hug*

Yep, honestly I could stop taking the beta blocker on a Saturday, and by the following Sunday if I hadn't started anything, well... there's this bottle near me and....

yeah... the hand shaking itself really REALLY gets to me. If it ever stopped working, I'd have a week.

• Hugs
Reactions: cosmicpixiedust
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Yep, honestly I could stop taking the beta blocker on a Saturday, and by the following Sunday if I hadn't started anything, well... there's this bottle near me and....

yeah... the hand shaking itself really REALLY gets to me. If it ever stopped working, I'd have a week.

I hope it never comes to that. :heart:

• Love
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I hope it never comes to that. :heart:

Yeah. I hate getting older. My mom jokingly says I have more wrong with me than is with her. Thing is, she's not wrong. I have the same things as she has in part, and more.

• Hugs
Reactions: cosmicpixiedust
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Yeah. I hate getting older. My mom jokingly says I have more wrong with me than is with her. Thing is, she's not wrong. I have the same things as she has in part, and more.
I think it was Phyllis Diller who said getting old is not for sissies. Oh how right she was!
It totally puzzles me why everyone's goal in life is to live to an old age.

• Love
Reactions: Carina
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
because secretly the goal is to retire, relax for a bit and then die, but you can't say that :smiling:

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019

It's weird, I never saw myself getting old because I was either too suicidal or just because I grew up with my mom dying and knew that she was going to go young so I must be too..the idea of growing old just seems so foreign to me.

Reactions: Soulless_Angel and BlueWidow
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
So I've noticed on my arm there's scars that are becoming more visible.. not a lot, but a few... what's odd is they weren't visible a few years ago, well this much...

I'd really like to know what made them more visible.
Have you lost weight? Mine become more obvious as I lose weight.

Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I think it was Phyllis Diller who said getting old is not for sissies. Oh how right she was!
because secretly the goal is to retire, relax for a bit and then die, but you can't say that :smiling:

Retire? ROFL yeah that's never happening. even if I died of natural causes, I'd die still working

How about we just say 54 is an old age, and 43 is the new 54, and call it a day rofl

CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Retire? ROFL yeah that's never happening. even if I died of natural causes, I'd die still working

How about we just say 54 is an old age, and 43 is the new 54, and call it a day rofl
Well maybe if you save enough money each month for 20 more years, you get to enjoy the whole week, or something like that!

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Huh. I just realized something. My mother and grandmother's death anniversary was recently (within this month, mom's was the 15th). This year I was so busy working and glued to this site that it passed by without my yearly mental breakdown. While I feel bad for being distracted, I'd call that a win. Thanks, work and SS. Seriously. Now to hope to stay busy for mom's birthday on the 24th.

• Hugs
Reactions: Carina and CynicalHopelessness