C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
Is it possible you weren't fully unconscious to begin with? Maybe the pressure wasn't strong enough for deeper unconsciousness?

When you woke up, was the strap still at the very same position where you had placed it?

Did you put the strap at the top, center or bottom of the neck?

Did you notice any other effect besides the contusion? Perhaps burst blood vessels?
  • Strap was behind my head.
  • The ratchet was still locked
  • I have no memory of falling
  • No other signs of injury.

Reactions: DoneWithThis, saw_him and Thanatos
C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
@ron_g I took to heart what you said about the pressure not being sufficient. I have a new configuration that is inspired by the picture of a device shown on page 395 of the the Korean Method in the Peaceful Handbook 2019 Edition. I will finish it tomorrow and report back after testing. Based on the measurements I have taken it should double the pressure on the carotids.

Reactions: Thanatos, Subhuman and LifeIsACurse
C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
In the Peaceful Handbook 2019 Edition there is a section on the Korean Method called Potentiating the Method . It discusses two maneuvers to increase the effectiveness that applies to the NN Method:
  • Hyperventilating
  • Valsalva Method.
I think both should be incorporated to the NN Method. I have not incorporated them so far but I will from tomorrow.

Reactions: Circles, Thanatos, Subhuman and 1 other person
LifeIsACurse

LifeIsACurse

Jun 24, 2019
I think hyperventilating should be used only if you want to knock yourself out faster, I don't think it would help to stop the heart, but you never know.

Reactions: Circles
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
  • Strap was behind my head.
  • The ratchet was still locked
  • I have no memory of falling
  • No other signs of injury.
I'm trying to find an explanation of why you woke up. I wouldn't expect you regain consciousness from falling to the ground. That's why I asked about a possible change of the placement of the strap. Do you have an idea what might be the reason?

Were you standing or sitting initially?

Reactions: jakaka
C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
Version 2 of my NN Method

This version has become necessary because I woke up from my first ctb attempt using this method. That can only mean the pressure was not sufficient on the carotids and/or the padding shifted when I fell. This configuration is my attempt to remove both possibilities. This setup is also simpler and needs less material. I also recapped everything I learned in this post so you don't have to hunt around. Critiques are welcomed.

List of resources:
  1. This thread
  2. The Peaceful Handbook 2019 edition. (Read the section on the Korean Method. This will be referred to as KM from now)
Bill of materials:
  1. Ratchet tie down strap
  2. Duct Tape
  3. (2) plastic medicine cups
  4. Marker
  5. Washcloth
Steps:
  1. Find the location of the Baroreceptors (the strong pulse in the neck) and mark the left and right side with a marker. See section on KM method for details.
  2. Place the ratchet tie down around your neck with the ratchet at the back. Mark on the strap where the strap is over the marks you made in Step 1.
  3. I found these medicine cups that came with my medicines. They have rounded bottoms so they won't dig into your flesh. I duct taped these under the strap centered over the marks you made in step 2 with the cup bottom pointing towards your neck. This gives you a configuration that is inspired by the picture of a device shown on page 395 of the the KM in the Peaceful Handbook 2019 Edition.
  4. Place the ratchet tie down with the ratchet mechanism behind your neck. Ratchet it down until the cups are firm against your neck over the Baroreceptors and won't move. I placed a washcloth between the cups to have some padding over my windpipe.
    Final Configuration
  5. Find a place to sit down and crank away, You will know if you are doing it right if your breath is not impeded but your vision narrows and you start to feel disoriented. WARNING. Be careful when practicing as you can accidentally die or hurt yourself. .
In the Peaceful Handbook 2019 Edition there is a section on the Korean Method called Potentiating the Method . It discusses two maneuvers to increase the effectiveness that applies to the NN Method:
  • Hyperventilating
  • Valsalva Method.
Highly recommend reading this section.

Notes:
  • The frustration people are having with this method is not getting enough pressure on the carotids. In my configuration I attempt to solve by replacing the bags I used before with the medicine cups.
  • The medicine cup bottom which is in contact with the neck has a diameter of 0.75 inches. The area in contact with my neck is less that half what it was with the sand filled bags I use in Version 1. Pressure = Force / Area. Since the ratchet is applying the same force on the neck for a given position the only way to increase the pressure is reducing the area of the padding against the neck. From the above equation reducing the area against the neck by HALF will DOUBLE the pressure against the carotid arteries.
  • This is my last attempt with this method. I can see no way to increase pressure if that is indeed the issue. Any suggestions on how to make this more effective are warmly welcomed.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: peepo, AbsoluteNothingness, cowbain and 10 others
M

meh122

Jun 19, 2019
When i apply pressure with my fingers on my carotid arteries i get slight hearing loss does that mean i found the spot?

R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
This setup is also simpler and needs less material. I also recapped everything I learned in this post so you don't have to hunt around. Critiques are welcomed.
What are you trying to achieve? Blocking the carotid arteries or stimulating the baroreceptors? One shuts off blood supply to the head, the other one is supposed to influence the heart.

C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
What are you trying to achieve? Blocking the carotid arteries or stimulating the baroreceptors? One shuts off blood supply to the head, the other one is supposed to influence the heart.
I was hoping for both since the baroreceptors are right over the carotid arteries unless I am mistaken. Basically it is applying pressure at the places where you take the pulse on your neck.
When i apply pressure with my fingers on my carotid arteries i get slight hearing loss does that mean i found the spot?
It should where you feel a strong pulse on your neck.
I'm trying to find an explanation of why you woke up. I wouldn't expect you regain consciousness from falling to the ground. That's why I asked about a possible change of the placement of the strap. Do you have an idea what might be the reason?

Were you standing or sitting initially?
I was sitting initially but when I hit my head I woke up and SI kicked in. It seems that even with the ratchet strap as tight as I can bear I am not completely closing the carotids or stimulating the baroreceptors. I am stumped at the moment.

Last edited:
Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I was sitting initially but when I hit my head I woke up and SI kicked in. It seems that even with the ratchet strap as tight as I can bear I am not completely closing the carotids or stimulating the baroreceptors. I am stumped at the moment.
Just spitballing here. What if another function of the cornhole bags is to keep the ratchet in place so that when you go unconscious and the body starts twitching, the belt doesn't move up/down releasing the pressure from the sweet spot? I'm thinking it's easier for the ratchet to be displaced if it's only covering a smaller object.

I finally got around to sewing my bags and I'm thinking about using them in combination with your method: medicine cups directly on the sweet spot and bags on top. I'll practice and report back. If anyone wants to offer up any thoughts/suggestions or give it a try in the meantime, feel free.

Reactions: caribpilgrim
C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
Just spitballing here. What if another function of the cornhole bags is to keep the ratchet in place so that when you go unconscious and the body starts twitching, the belt doesn't move up/down releasing the pressure from the sweet spot? I'm thinking it's easier for the ratchet to be displaced if it's only covering a smaller object.

I finally got around to sewing my bags and I'm thinking about using them in combination with your method: medicine cups directly on the sweet spot and bags on top. I'll practice and report back. If anyone wants to offer up any thoughts/suggestions or give it a try in the meantime, feel free.
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Another issue is that the bags may still be necessary to close off the carotids. I will also test and report back.

Reactions: Subhuman
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
I was hoping for both since the baroreceptors are right over the carotid arteries unless I am mistaken. Basically it is applying pressure at the places where you take the pulse on your neck.

As far as I understand, the baroreceptors aren't everywhere on the neck you feel a pulse. They are supposed to be located at the bifurcation of the carotid.

When you lie on the ground, your blood pressure may be higher because your heart doesn't need to work against gravity as much. It may be advisable to pull it off lying.
What do you mean exactly when you say SI kicked in?
What is the limiting factor when tightening the strap? Is it pain from the strap pinching into your neck skin? Is it the movement of the strap during the ratcheting operation causing skin abrasions?

Last edited:
C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
As far as I understand, the baroreceptors aren't everywhere on the neck you feel a pulse. They are supposed to be located at the bifurcation of the carotid.

When you lie on the ground, your blood pressure may be higher because your heart doesn't need to work against gravity as much. It may be advisable to pull it off lying.

What is the limiting factor when tightening the strap? Is it pain from the strap pinching into your neck skin? Is it the movement of the strap during the ratcheting operation causing skin abrasions?
No, it is the pressure on the windpipe as you try to ratchet more.

C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019

The real issue is are we trying to apply pressure on the baroreceptors and/or occlude carotids? I think if that is clear we can be closer to a solution.

P

Pcatfam3

@tiredofpain
Jul 10, 2019
Ok, so I tried this with the tape method and it didn't work because I couldn't get the tape tight enough. I'm homeless and don't have the funds available for the ratchet tree strap. I guess I'll have to take the long route and let the bleeding ulcer take me. I'm at the point where I am too weak to stand up or walk. I hope it doesn't take too long.

• Aww..
Reactions: Life is pointless, cowbain, JeSuisMalade and 3 others
Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Ok, so I tried this with the tape method and it didn't work because I couldn't get the tape tight enough. I'm homeless and don't have the funds available for the ratchet tree strap. I guess I'll have to take the long route and let the bleeding ulcer take me. I'm at the point where I am too weak to stand up or walk. I hope it doesn't take too long.
You can try with a belt. That's what I'm practicing with while I wait for the ratchet I ordered to arrive.

• Love
Reactions: foreverbroken28
C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
I just tried an experiment that may indicate progress. Here is my hypothesis and observations. In the V2 versionn of my setup I targeted the baroreceptors as indicated in the Korean Method. I did not have much success with that. Then I started thinking that if we are trying to simulate a rear naked choke then it may simply be enough to completely occlude the carotids. So I added a 1.5 inch plastic bottle cap on top the medicine cup and duct tape them both to the ratchet strap.

Usually when I start cranking the strap I can hear my pulse in my ear. This time I could hear my pulse slowing down. I quickly stopped because I was testing and not in the proper place where I am to ctb.

Reactions: cowbain, Ἡγησίας, JeSuisMalade and 3 others
Deivis

Deivis

Seul contre tous
Jul 23, 2018
Usually when I start cranking the strap I can hear my pulse in my ear. This time I could hear my pulse slowing down. I quickly stopped because I was testing and not in the proper place where I am to ctb.

Really? Did it slow down?
If this started to work for you, thats the sign I should look for aswell. Gonna try tomorrow and will write back.

Reactions: caribpilgrim
Snowx88

Snowx88

Jun 29, 2019
Ouch , how did you get the ulcer?
Version 2 of my NN Method

This version has become necessary because I woke up from my first ctb attempt using this method. That can only mean the pressure was not sufficient on the carotids and/or the padding shifted when I fell. This configuration is my attempt to remove both possibilities. This setup is also simpler and needs less material. I also recapped everything I learned in this post so you don't have to hunt around. Critiques are welcomed.

List of resources:
  1. This thread
  2. The Peaceful Handbook 2019 edition. (Read the section on the Korean Method. This will be referred to as KM from now)
Bill of materials:
  1. Ratchet tie down strap
  2. Duct Tape
  3. (2) plastic medicine cups
  4. Marker
  5. Washcloth
Steps:
  1. Find the location of the Baroreceptors (the strong pulse in the neck) and mark the left and right side with a marker. See section on KM method for details.
  2. Place the ratchet tie down around your neck with the ratchet at the back. Mark on the strap where the strap is over the marks you made in Step 1.
    View attachment 13270
  3. I found these medicine cups that came with my medicines. They have rounded bottoms so they won't dig into your flesh. I duct taped these under the strap centered over the marks you made in step 2 with the cup bottom pointing towards your neck. This gives you a configuration that is inspired by the picture of a device shown on page 395 of the the KM in the Peaceful Handbook 2019 Edition.
    View attachment 13271
  4. Place the ratchet tie down with the ratchet mechanism behind your neck. Ratchet it down until the cups are firm against your neck over the Baroreceptors and won't move. I placed a washcloth between the cups to have some padding over my windpipe.
    View attachment 13272
    Final Configuration
  5. Find a place to sit down and crank away, You will know if you are doing it right if your breath is not impeded but your vision narrows and you start to feel disoriented. WARNING. Be careful when practicing as you can accidentally die or hurt yourself. .
  • Hyperventilating
  • Valsalva Method.
Highly recommend reading this section.

Notes:
  • The frustration people are having with this method is not getting enough pressure on the carotids. In my configuration I attempt to solve by replacing the bags I used before with the medicine cups.
  • The medicine cup bottom which is in contact with the neck has a diameter of 0.75 inches. The area in contact with my neck is less that half what it was with the sand filled bags I use in Version 1. Pressure = Force / Area. Since the ratchet is applying the same force on the neck for a given position the only way to increase the pressure is reducing the area of the padding against the neck. From the above equation reducing the area against the neck by HALF will DOUBLE the pressure against the carotid arteries.
  • This is my last attempt with this method. I can see no way to increase pressure if that is indeed the issue. Any suggestions on how to make this more effective are warmly welcomed.
Will this method produce more SI then partial hanging . Also when you go unconscious is there a chance the strap / pressure mechanisms can loosen and u can end up a vegetable? If so how to prevent this aswell

Last edited:
C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
Well, after conversing with some members in the community I think I have a clearer idea of why inducing unconsciousness has been such a challenge. With the NN Method we are trying to emulate a rear naked choke also called a blood choke. As seen in the video below.

A quote sent to me by a member states, "Dr. Charlie explained, "Application of the RNC first causes compression of the jugular vein, significantly hindering blood return from the head (and brain) to the heart. The recipient begins to feel flushed – engorged in the face and brow. Further pressure narrows the carotids and reduces the blood flow to the brain.""

So it seems to me that looking at the video and the quote above that the goal is to completely compress the carotids and not try to target the barorecepters. My failed attempt to ctb with this method seems to be a result of two factors:
  1. Not having sufficient pressure on the carotids
  2. Not ensuring all the carotid arteries are covered by the pressure to ensure that they are fully occluded.

Version 2.5 of my NN Method
  • The only adjustment I made to my previous version was to add a plastic bottle cap 1.5" in diameter to the end of the medicine cup and duct them both to the ratchet strap centered over the point in the neck discussed previously. Here are some pictures to show what it looks like.
Notes
  • This setup has the added benefit of no pressure on the windpipe
  • You can change the size of the medicine cup and cap to find the right pressure and area that works for you
Using this method I experienced the effects Dr. Charles in addition to hearing the pulse in my head slow down. I feel I was close to ctbing.
Hope my experience helps someone.

Reactions: QiTianDaSheng, peepo, AbsoluteNothingness and 10 others

2bearcolossus

Jul 8, 2019
I designed a 3D-printable device inspired by the Korean method.

13413 13414 13415

It took a few iterations but I found the correct placement of the threaded rods thanks to the knowledge shared here.
At first try the feeling was different than manually pressing on the baroreceptors. Probably just bad placement of the collar but I have confidence in this kind of devices. This is the perfect way to go.
Unfortunately the design is rigid and only works for my neck. Flexibility would be one step forward.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: peepo, Suicidal4Ever, nw7 and 4 others
C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
Ouch , how did you get the ulcer?

Will this method produce more SI then partial hanging . Also when you go unconscious is there a chance the strap / pressure mechanisms can loosen and u can end up a vegetable? If so how to prevent this aswell
No, that has not been an issue. The issue for me has been to completely compress the carotids to ensure no blood flow to the brain.

View attachment 13412
View attachment 13413View attachment 13414View attachment 13415

It took a few iterations but I found the correct placement of the threaded rods thanks to the knowledge shared here.
At first try the feeling was different than manually pressing on the baroreceptors. Probably just bad placement of the collar but I have confidence in this kind of devices. This is the perfect way to go.
Unfortunately the design is rigid and only works for my neck. Flexibility would be one step forward.
That is really cool. In my experimentation I have abandoned trying to target the barorecepters in favor of focusing on occluding the carotids.

Last edited:
Suicidal4Ever

Suicidal4Ever

Specialist
Sep 22, 2018
Hey everyone,

Been talking to a lot of people in the chat and trying to explain this method, and one user wanted me to make a post about it, so here goes everything.

We're going after a classic idea of using a blood choke, except, it will be against ourselves. In the privacy of our own homes. In a fully relaxed state.

This method is fully capable and will kill you very fast. I know this because it's what we were taught in the Marine Corps.

First, you're going to want some Gorilla tape OR a tree ratchet.

Second, get two Sackhole/Cornhole bags.

Now, depending on what you're using, you'll want to lie on the ground and put the bags on these two exact areas on your neck (In blue).

face.jpg

The reason we're lying on the ground is that we want to be able not to have to fuss over putting the bags on us and making sure they don't fall out of place before we use the ratchet or the tape. You're putting the bags on these two areas to go after the internal carotid arteries.

Start cinching the ratchet closed or wrap the tape around your neck once. Is everything feeling good? I'm glad. If not, then uncinch it a little and place the bags. You want to make sure that you're not compressing the windpipe as that could cause you to freak out a little.

We want this to be painless and fast.

After you're comfortable, sit down if you want to or stand up. Do whatever you want honestly. Start wrapping the tape around your neck more and a little tighter or start closing the ratchet more.

In about 5-20 seconds you will pass out. After that, it's pretty much game over unless you somehow hit the ratchet release. That's why I said we could also use tape as well. With the gorilla tape, it will make sure that you don't inadvertently try to tear the tap off... because it will be strong as hell around your neck.

After you pass out, it will only take a few minutes, and you will be brain dead from the complete lack of blood flow to your brain.

I think I've explained this pretty well and I hope you guys understand the method. If not, please don't hesitate and I'm sure that I can help you out or someone else in the community can help you out.
Are the corn bags neccesary or optional? Already have rope and a ratchet

View attachment 13412
View attachment 13413View attachment 13414View attachment 13415

I need this in my life.

Last edited:
C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
Saw this quote doing research on NN with regards to unconsciousness by the method::

"Baroreceptor compression is part of it but mostly it is a collapse of the artery from the external pressure and obstruction of blood flow to the brain—which requires constant blood flow to function and survive. So with significant compression of both arteries consciousness can be lost in 20-30 seconds and brain damage and ultimately death follows." D.P. Lyle, MD

Reactions: Subhuman, nw7 and LifeIsACurse
foreverbroken28

foreverbroken28

I've gone off the deep end.
Jul 11, 2019
Dude, I figured this out. I had the same thing before. I'd end up just feeling a lot of pressure in my head like it was going to explode and a really bad headache. I found out I had the rope too far down at my windpipe which will just compress the windpipe and jugulars. You need to put it above the Adam's apple, as far up the neck as you can. Hope this helps :)

There are a lot of references to the Adam's apple which might be educational to men..but how would a woman go about pinpointing the right spots?

(For "educational purposes only")...

C

caribpilgrim

Jun 27, 2019
I am becoming convinced that targeting the baroreceptors is not sufficient to induce complete unconsciousness. To get the peaceful outcome the carotids have to be completely occluded without damaging the windpipe.

LifeIsACurse

LifeIsACurse

Jun 24, 2019
There are a lot of references to the Adam's apple which might be educational to men..but how would a woman go about pinpointing the right spots?

(For "educational purposes only")...
I guess you could say the middle of the neck is where Adam's apple is. I'm not sure if that really helps.
Edit: I just re-read what you exactly want to find, it should be almost next to your jaw, for me it ends 1 centimeter under the jaw. That's the top of the Adam's apple. I hope that somewhat helps.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Last Caress, cowbain and foreverbroken28
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
if i can't find my sweet spot, but i can't go to any mma center either, can i just place the cornhole bags on the pulsating arteries and wrap the tape? or would this be useless/painful?

(sorry if this question was already asked... it's fine if you just quote a post that answers the question)

P

Pcatfam3

@tiredofpain
Jul 10, 2019
Hey everyone,

Been talking to a lot of people in the chat and trying to explain this method, and one user wanted me to make a post about it, so here goes everything.

We're going after a classic idea of using a blood choke, except, it will be against ourselves. In the privacy of our own homes. In a fully relaxed state.

This method is fully capable and will kill you very fast. I know this because it's what we were taught in the Marine Corps.

First, you're going to want some Gorilla tape OR a tree ratchet.

Second, get two Sackhole/Cornhole bags.

Now, depending on what you're using, you'll want to lie on the ground and put the bags on these two exact areas on your neck (In blue).

face.jpg

The reason we're lying on the ground is that we want to be able not to have to fuss over putting the bags on us and making sure they don't fall out of place before we use the ratchet or the tape. You're putting the bags on these two areas to go after the internal carotid arteries.

Start cinching the ratchet closed or wrap the tape around your neck once. Is everything feeling good? I'm glad. If not, then uncinch it a little and place the bags. You want to make sure that you're not compressing the windpipe as that could cause you to freak out a little.

We want this to be painless and fast.

After you're comfortable, sit down if you want to or stand up. Do whatever you want honestly. Start wrapping the tape around your neck more and a little tighter or start closing the ratchet more.

In about 5-20 seconds you will pass out. After that, it's pretty much game over unless you somehow hit the ratchet release. That's why I said we could also use tape as well. With the gorilla tape, it will make sure that you don't inadvertently try to tear the tap off... because it will be strong as hell around your neck.

After you pass out, it will only take a few minutes, and you will be brain dead from the complete lack of blood flow to your brain.

I think I've explained this pretty well and I hope you guys understand the method. If not, please don't hesitate and I'm sure that I can help you out or someone else in the community can help you out.
I guess you could say the middle of the neck is where Adam's apple is. I'm not sure if that really helps.
Edit: I just re-read what you exactly want to find, it should be almost next to your jaw, for me it ends 1 centimeter under the jaw. That's the top of the Adam's apple. I hope that somewhat helps.
I just tried this. Women still have an Adam's apple. Place you fingers on the front of your neck and swallow. You can feel a bit of cartilage move up and down. It just doesn't protrude like in men. I can get the ratchet tight enough, so I am going back in to do a partial hanging.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: foreverbroken28 and LifeIsACurse