R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
@2bearcolossus
Consider the first image in the wikipedia article on the vertebral artery. You can compress the artery below the point at which it enters the transverse foramina. This point may differ among people. From wiki article on vertebra:

"Specific to the cervical vertebra is the transverse foramen (also known as foramen transversarium). This is an opening on each of the transverse processes which gives passage to the vertebral artery and vein and a sympathetic nerve plexus."

At the bottom, I think, the arteries sit behind the sternocleidomastoid muscles.
This has nothing to do with the carotid bifurcation.

The problem is that the trapezius muscles will make the device slip upwards. Any simple solution to this?
A few more images of the compression collar. I forgot to mention that 01_M/F + 02 + 03 should be glued together.
Is this the male version, which works for everyone?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2bearcolossus

2bearcolossus

Jul 8, 2019
Thanks for the clarification. I can't think of anything to solve this.
Yep this is the male version. To be fair this should be the only variant, the other one is unnecessary.

Last edited:
D

dundyfundy

Aug 4, 2019
I bought nearly exact cornbags (5" by 6" instead of 6" by 6", but same weight 16 ounce), and a ratchet.

I have read the whole thread (23 pages) 1-2 weeks ago (when I registered), looking at all the pictures etc, and feel like I got good understanding where carotid arteries are.

I have practiced with my hands for 2-3 hours but I can't seem to replicate the passing out. I found the pulsating spot, and I press it IN (going through the neck to the back, not pushing them together).

I also can feel when I am pressing wrong spots, like jugulars, as I get headache etc, so I avoid that place.

I am pressing above my adam's apple right below the chin, where I feel the pulse the strongest. I tried sitting up, and laying down. There were few times when I felt corner of my eyes turn a little black, or a feeling of passing out, so I kept holding in hope to pass out, held for 40+ seconds, but did not pass out. Nothing happens.

I tried doing the same using cornehole bags - pressing with them (by hands), but nothing as well.

I tried applying reasonable force, and also as much as I could (I have a bit fat neck - but nothing crazy, easily accessible can feel the pulse easily etc), but no difference. If anything my windpipe would start getting blocked just by too much force / would get hard to breath, making me think this was too much force, as comments say it should be relatively little.

I need to figure out how the ratchet works, as I bought the one which has a long strap on its own with a hook separated from the main mechanism, and a short strap with a hook attached to the main mechanism. I can cut off the hooks and shorten it easily, but I don't get how to put the strap in, and make it tighten. I am going to watch some youtube videos on that.

In comings days / weekend when I am bothered I going to try it out with a ratchet. Might be irreversible if I succeed as I won't be able to undo it if I am passed out, but not extremely bothered by it, as that's the end goal anyway. Live alone, so.

I should write a letter to my parents, as it will hurt them, but honestly, if this was ideal world I wouldn't be doing this, so I can't bring myself to write it, thinking maybe I won't do this. But over the years I have been getting closer and closer, and I am pretty spontaneous, so one day might go through with it before I get a chance to write a letter.

Plus this "will get better" nonsense isn't true, as I have been going through this since I was a kid. For no "specific" reason too, as in - good, loving, non-abusing parents, weren't well off but always had everything I needed. Excelling in my career, with great above market pay, no stress from the job, ahead of the peers. But I always wished for freedom. If I could just "live", as in breath / exist, without bad repercussions (becoming without roof, homeless with no food etc), maybe I would stay. But considering it's not possible, bar for select few individuals in life, have to choose alternatives options. I tried reaching that at first, but didn't go as well as I wanted, and honestly do not want to put more effort towards it. Rather choose to end this easier, end of day it will end someday, rather stop the suffering. Knowing there will be some good moments, as in the past, means absolute 0, because there are many more shit moments, being forced to do what we do not wish in life.

Sorry for the wall of text, first post lol, and feel attached to this thread as I have read all 23 pages.

Anyone has a good resource on forum or elsewhere to write a good goodbye letter? I haven't looked yet. But I would like to convey to my parents that this has nothing to do with them, or any specific situation, that I did not hurt ever, was in no pain through life or during death (as it's painless method), and was mentally healthy and stable. That there was no help they or anyone could provide, and that I was happy to just stopping existing, that some are just born that way, and that there's nothing wrong with it.

Edit:

Damn, had a look at ratchet videos, I think I bought a wrong one.

Mine is exactly as this one - can't think of a way to modify it so it works tightening around my neck:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: archipelago, Imustbefree, Tiredsotired and 2 others
T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
Tree/endless ratchet is what you want, the hooks are not the right kind

Deadunicorn

Deadunicorn

Aug 9, 2019
I bought nearly exact cornbags (5" by 6" instead of 6" by 6", but same weight 16 ounce), and a ratchet.

I have read the whole thread (23 pages) 1-2 weeks ago (when I registered), looking at all the pictures etc, and feel like I got good understanding where carotid arteries are.

I have practiced with my hands for 2-3 hours but I can't seem to replicate the passing out. I found the pulsating spot, and I press it IN (going through the neck to the back, not pushing them together).

I also can feel when I am pressing wrong spots, like jugulars, as I get headache etc, so I avoid that place.

I am pressing above my adam's apple right below the chin, where I feel the pulse the strongest. I tried sitting up, and laying down. There were few times when I felt corner of my eyes turn a little black, or a feeling of passing out, so I kept holding in hope to pass out, held for 40+ seconds, but did not pass out. Nothing happens.

I tried doing the same using cornehole bags - pressing with them (by hands), but nothing as well.

I tried applying reasonable force, and also as much as I could (I have a bit fat neck - but nothing crazy, easily accessible can feel the pulse easily etc), but no difference. If anything my windpipe would start getting blocked just by too much force / would get hard to breath, making me think this was too much force, as comments say it should be relatively little.

I need to figure out how the ratchet works, as I bought the one which has a long strap on its own with a hook separated from the main mechanism, and a short strap with a hook attached to the main mechanism. I can cut off the hooks and shorten it easily, but I don't get how to put the strap in, and make it tighten. I am going to watch some youtube videos on that.

In comings days / weekend when I am bothered I going to try it out with a ratchet. Might be irreversible if I succeed as I won't be able to undo it if I am passed out, but not extremely bothered by it, as that's the end goal anyway. Live alone, so.

I should write a letter to my parents, as it will hurt them, but honestly, if this was ideal world I wouldn't be doing this, so I can't bring myself to write it, thinking maybe I won't do this. But over the years I have been getting closer and closer, and I am pretty spontaneous, so one day might go through with it before I get a chance to write a letter.

Plus this "will get better" nonsense isn't true, as I have been going through this since I was a kid. For no "specific" reason too, as in - good, loving, non-abusing parents, weren't well off but always had everything I needed. Excelling in my career, with great above market pay, no stress from the job, ahead of the peers. But I always wished for freedom. If I could just "live", as in breath / exist, without bad repercussions (becoming without roof, homeless with no food etc), maybe I would stay. But considering it's not possible, bar for select few individuals in life, have to choose alternatives options. I tried reaching that at first, but didn't go as well as I wanted, and honestly do not want to put more effort towards it. Rather choose to end this easier, end of day it will end someday, rather stop the suffering. Knowing there will be some good moments, as in the past, means absolute 0, because there are many more shit moments, being forced to do what we do not wish in life.

Sorry for the wall of text, first post lol, and feel attached to this thread as I have read all 23 pages.

Anyone has a good resource on forum or elsewhere to write a good goodbye letter? I haven't looked yet. But I would like to convey to my parents that this has nothing to do with them, or any specific situation, that I did not hurt ever, was in no pain through life or during death (as it's painless method), and was mentally healthy and stable. That there was no help they or anyone could provide, and that I was happy to just stopping existing, that some are just born that way, and that there's nothing wrong with it.

Edit:

Mine is exactly as this one - can't think of a way to modify it so it works tightening around my neck:

Im also struggling with finding the sweet spot no matter how much I practice. I'm hoping once I ratchet the bags down it just presses on the spots and I pass out but I might be too hopeful. And as for the strap I think a few people have mentioned that endless ratchet straps are better for this purpose.

Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I for one found the spots pretty easily and can make myself pass out using my fingers. I still can't get this method to work no matter how I position the bags and no matter what I use instead of the bags. I practiced for weeks, I was so hopeful in this method. But I had to give up and I'm looking for another way.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I for one found the spots pretty easily and can make myself pass out using my fingers. I still can't get this method to work no matter how I position the bags and no matter what I use instead of the bags. I practiced for weeks, I was so hopeful in this method. But I had to give up and I'm looking for another way.
I can't imagine how you are managing to pass out using fingers. My hand starts to shake involuntarily and eventually collapses before my consciousness does.

Reactions: LifeIsACurse
Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I can't imagine how you are managing to pass out using fingers. My hand starts to shake involuntarily and eventually collapses before my consciousness does.
I stop when my vision starts to narrow and I feel extremely lightheaded. It only takes a second or two when I press exactly on the right spot. I don't see the point in making myself pass out completely.

T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
I stop when my vision starts to narrow and I feel extremely lightheaded. It only takes a second or two when I press exactly on the right spot. I don't see the point in making myself pass out completely.
Because of internal vs external carotids, just hitting the externals would make you feel lightheaded and even cause darkness in vision but you wont pass out. I found the externals somewhat easily with practice but the internals are a little more precise and require more pressure. I suggest looking at the diagrams posted

• Love
Reactions: 262653
Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Because of internal vs external carotids, just hitting the externals would make you feel lightheaded and even cause darkness in vision but you wont pass out. I found the externals somewhat easily with practice but the internals are a little more precise and require more pressure. I suggest looking at the diagrams posted
I not only looked at them, I studied them in great detail. And I practiced for weeks. I tried everything I could think of, multiple times and in multiple ways. That's why I give up, if I didn't manage to make this method work until now I never will.

M

melanar

Aug 7, 2019
I have been experimenting as well but with no success finding the sweet spot even if i find pulse. I have a small slim neck but tensed muscles, i think my arteries are just too deep.

Readytogo227

Readytogo227

I just want peace.
Jun 26, 2018

Edit:

If it makes you feel any better. I bought the wrong one too. I don't even have the receipt. Dammit!

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
What about the risk of stroke doing this? I saw previously people recommended experimenting with your neck until you find the sweet spot, but is there a risk with pushing in on the sweet spot? I saw the word "stroke" was only mentioned in 2 posts on this whole thread.

Also, what are the chances of failing? I found my sweet spot, but that was using my fingers, what if I apply pressure with the tape on the wrong spot? I'm just worried that something could go wrong and I might fail leaving me with permanent brain damage.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, archipelago and Ivenocare
G

gulrotpinne

Aug 21, 2019
I can only use fingers to pass out.. Using a ratchet and beanbags dont work...

Reactions: WatermelonMel, Wyntergirl, dousavetheworld and 1 other person
D

dousavetheworld

我选择死亡 / Carpe diem
Apr 9, 2019
@gulrotpinne same for me:)

F

Fr2

Jun 15, 2019
After a month of practice (attempts anyway), no success whatsoever in finding my sweet spot. I have pushed in every manner and place I could imagine, fingers and cushions - nothing at all, only pain. The damn ratchet sits there, like a broken promise.

I have a slim neck.

Last edited:
Wyntergirl

Wyntergirl

Aug 22, 2019
Hi, I have a few questions. I have a ratchet with a thickness of 1 inch. My bags are the standard size, about 6 by 6 inches. However I worry that the thickness of the ratchet belt is not enough as the bag filling keeps moving downward, even when I secure it to the belt. Do I need a 2 inch ratchet? I also have a problem where when I compress my neck I feel like I am triggering my gag reflex and I almost feel like I'm gonna throw up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I think I'm able to find the carotid arteries with my fingers, but my fingers are very precise whereas the bag is much larger and wider. I'd like to get this right but I have no idea how.

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
After a month of practice (attempts anyway), no success whatsoever in finding my sweet spot. I have pushed in every manner and place I could imagine, fingers and cushions - nothing at all, only pain.

I was having this problem for a while until I read this:

You don't have to squeeze your neck. Pull out your left hand. Sit straight. Face directly in the front. Use your thumb and the left index and middle fingers joined together to form a U shape. place your left thumb on the left side of your neck and the combination of index and middle fingers on the right side of the neck. Look for a blob that pulses. It should be a little above the adam's apple on either side of the neck. When you feel that pulse, push it inside to compress the blob. This blob is called the carotid sinus. If you do it right, you will feel dizzy and your vision will begin to fade after 5 seconds. If nothing happens in 5 seconds, you are doing it wrong. Keep experimenting till you do it right. And it works better if you have a lean and thin neck. I took around 15 minutes to find the sweet spot.

then I found my sweet spot in only 5 minutes. The reason I was struggling (and maybe you too) is because I was searching for it on the middle left of my neck, when it was actually on the top left of my neck just below the chin, when you feel it, it feels like a ball or something and for me it was not pulsing, I had doubts it was actually the spot but then when I pushed in on it for like 4 seconds I lost my vision.

Reactions: Circles and NoDream
Wyntergirl

Wyntergirl

Aug 22, 2019
I can only use fingers to pass out.. Using a ratchet and beanbags dont work...
Even when I use my fingers I can never get myself to pass out... I feel lightheaded and my vision gets foggy but I don't pass out even when I sit there for like a minute. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong... am I only pressing the external arteries and not the internal ones? How long should it take to pass out?

Readytogo227

Readytogo227

I just want peace.
Jun 26, 2018
WHOA! Found my sweet spot. Almost ctb'd before I was ready. Holy shit. Glad I hit the release in time.

Serves me right for being impatient and using the ratchet and bags instead of practicing with my fingers. I just couldn't do it with fingers alone....Wait that didn't sound right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyntergirl
Wyntergirl

Wyntergirl

Aug 22, 2019
WHOA! Found my sweet spot. Almost ctb'd before I was ready. Holy shit. Glad I hit the release in time.

Serves me right for being impatient and using the ratchet and bags instead of practicing with my fingers. I just couldn't do it with fingers alone....Wait that didn't sound right.
Were you just using the regular bean bags or something else as padding? Should they be close together or more to the sides of the neck?

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
I was having this problem for a while until I read this:

then I found my sweet spot in only 5 minutes. The reason I was struggling (and maybe you too) is because I was searching for it on the middle left of my neck, when it was actually on the top left of my neck just below the chin, when you feel it, it feels like a ball or something and for me it was not pulsing, I had doubts it was actually the spot but then when I pushed in on it for like 4 seconds I lost my vision.

tried it and tried it and for like 2 seconds I hit a spot where I suddenly heard my heart beat very loudly thumping in my ear. But then I couldn't replicate it. I can't find this ball thing.

Reactions: Baskol1
Readytogo227

Readytogo227

I just want peace.
Jun 26, 2018
Were you just using the regular bean bags or something else as padding? Should they be close together or more to the sides of the neck?
I have a short little neck so I made mine closer together.

Readytogo227

Readytogo227

I just want peace.
Jun 26, 2018
Were they the 6 inch by 6 inch cornhole bags?
Nah, I used some socks, rolled and gorilla taped them to act as beanbags. just something to add pressure.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, Baskol1 and Wyntergirl
Wyntergirl

Wyntergirl

Aug 22, 2019
Nah, I used some socks, rolled and gorilla taped them to act as beanbags. just something to add pressure.
Yeah that's probably what I'll do. Maybe put some sand in as well or something.

S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
I can feel the pulse really strongly, both side. How do I compress it? Like holding the Trachea? or, I push it into my Neck? Cant figure it out.

Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I can feel the pulse really strongly, both side. How do I compress it? Like holding the Trachea? or, I push it into my Neck? Cant figure it out.
Don't push on the trachea. Push with one thumb on one side and with your index finger on the other side, directly on top of the strong pulse you feel. Push inward, like towards the back of your head/neck

S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
Don't push on the trachea. Push with one thumb on one side and with your index finger on the other side, directly on top of the strong pulse you feel. Push inward, like towards the back of your head/neck

Thanks...I would try...managed to do it once...cant replicate what I did...felt so good...intense euphoria...and, I was listening to music...it went 3D surround sound all of a sudden...I had no Survival Instinct...someone interrupted me with a Phone call..

I have great faith in this method...not just night-night in particular...but carotid artery compression in general...partial and tourniquet too...it requires skill...but, I think, its a skill everyone should learn, suicidal or not...we don't know, when we find ourselves in situation where there is no way out...

I can gladly say...Dying feels good...I wanna practice passing out with my fingers first...then, I would decide on a method...
Would it help or make it worse, If I lose more weight? I am 68-kg 5'6"

I have Anorexia and Alcoholism...only calories I get are from Alcohol...but, I can lose more weight...easily...no problem...

Last edited:
D

dundyfundy

Aug 4, 2019
If it makes you feel any better. I bought the wrong one too. I don't even have the receipt. Dammit!
Did you buy a new one? I saw you say that you managed to find the sweet spot.

I have adjusted mine by cutting off hooks and feeding through the strap and tying it up on the other end.

But honestly the one I linked sucks - the handle is way too big, it's hard to control it, and release mechanism sucks.

How did it feel, how long did it take to almost pass out with the ratchet? I have tried today and my head was getting "full" feeling, especially around ear pressure area, after like 15 sec. But I released it - just barely too, got scared that it's the wrong feeling - didn't want to become alive vegetable. Because other posts said there should be no pressure whatsoever.