D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018
Do you think using socks with rice would be equivalent to using corn hole bags? Just putting a good amount of rice in a sock like material and tying it?

I think Styrofoam is much better. There's different types, softer and harder. You can carve it to follow your anatomy.
I'll try it as soon as get some (gonna ask at Walmarts cus they have a lot).

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I think Styrofoam is much better. There's different types, softer and harder. You can carve it to follow your anatomy.
I'll try it as soon as get some (gonna ask at Walmarts cus they have a lot).
This is a very interesting idea. You'd probably have a much better selection at a craft store, though.

Last edited:
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: clevernickname
Rheaz

Rheaz

Sep 12, 2019
The only ratchet straps I could find have the hooks on them. Can these be modified somehow to work without the hooks? Sorry if this is a silly question.

Reactions: WatermelonMel
NoDream

NoDream

Student
Mar 27, 2018
Go to Amazon and type in " ratchet strap without hooks "

Reactions: WatermelonMel
M

Mikemikemike

Sep 21, 2019
I tried this used my fingers think I got the right point tried socks with a sweat band to hold in place and can't hit the spot. What else can be used. I don't want to hang myself as I haven't got the bottle and this way seems really good. I've also got the exit bag planned just waiting for my tubes and oven bags to come through. Any advice people

Reactions: Hendrik
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
If you were to use styrofoam what shape should it be?
Well, I really hadn't thought past "interesting idea," but I would imagine a soft-ish styrofoam, like the stuff you arrange flowers in, carved into a slightly convex shape that would sit on either side of your neck.

Reactions: Sargasm
Sargasm

Sargasm

Compassion makes the world go 'round.
Jun 19, 2019
Well, I really hadn't thought past "interesting idea," but I would imagine a soft-ish styrofoam, like the stuff you arrange flowers in, carved into a slightly convex shape that would sit on either side of your neck.
I suppose a solid block of styrofoam could be shaved to form-fit your neck with it's curves, leaving a little extra where it would be pressing against your carotids to make sure it is pressing in and clamping the arteries down. Though, I do worry that the styrofoam could crack apart under the pressure, especially if there is any convulsing or thrashing.

I realize we're not talking about a lot of pressure, but I think dry rice or beans in a sock, double-bagged inside another sock would give the same effect while being more reliable if actual beanbags are not available.

Plus, and this just me personally, I can't stand the sound of styrofoam squeaking/scratching/scritching/whatever you want to call it. I wouldn't want that to be the last thing I hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, gingerplum, WatermelonMel and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I suppose a solid block of styrofoam could be shaved to form-fit your neck with it's curves, leaving a little extra where it would be pressing against your carotids to make sure it is pressing in and clamping the arteries down. Though, I do worry that the styrofoam could crack apart under the pressure, especially if there is any convulsing or thrashing.

I realize we're not talking about a lot of pressure, but I think dry rice or beans in a sock, double-bagged inside another sock would give the same effect while being more reliable if actual beanbags are not available.

Plus, and this just me personally, I can't stand the sound of styrofoam squeaking/scratching/scritching/whatever you want to call it. I wouldn't want that to be the last thing I hear.
This. Sargasm is braining much better than I am. Tho' the styrofoam I was picturing is really more of a floral foam, the soft, green, non-squeaky stuff. But again, as @Sargasm pointed out, it's just a dicier way to go the route of a bean-filled sock.

Reactions: Sargasm
Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
I stumbled upon this video, about the dangers of hanging (yup...)

I tried it exaclty as the women does in the middle of the video: Ratchet around the neck (didn't even have to be careful where on the neck), and instead of trying to hang down, just lean forwards like she does. In less than 10 seconds my vision goes black. Tried it several times, that one works for me at least. I'll probably quit using that one.

I watched the video above earlier today and just tried it tonight to see how it compared to my original idea of partial hanging in a different position and it was much more effective. Took about 4-5 seconds to get to the point where everything was tingling and a little more for my legs to start to shake, given more time I'm sure that I probably would have passed out. My setup is a bit jury rigged but it worked for testing purposes. Now I just need to find a place that I want to do it and I think that this will be my final method to CTB. I also find it a but funny that the original purpose of the video was to dissuade people from doing this but that is exactly what i'm doing.

Attachments

• IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    809.7 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: MeltingHeart, Rheaz and gingerplum
Rheaz

Rheaz

Sep 12, 2019
I watched the video above earlier today and just tried it tonight to see how it compared to my original idea of partial hanging in a different position and it was much more effective. Took about 4-5 seconds to get to the point where everything was tingling and a little more for my legs to start to shake, given more time I'm sure that I probably would have passed out. My setup is a bit jury rigged but it worked for testing purposes. Now I just need to find a place that I want to do it and I think that this will be my final method to CTB. I also find it a but funny that the original purpose of the video was to dissuade people from doing this but that is exactly what i'm doing.
Are you hanging from a ratchet? I was wondering if this would work with the ratchet like in the video.

Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
I posted a picture of what I was doing in my post. Its from a closet door with a climbers rope hanging off it and traveling under it being tied to my dresser. I only have the rope as well as a wash cloth to soften it around the front of my throat. I'd assume that it would work with a ratchet seeing as that was how it was shown in the video but I don't have one available.

Reactions: Rheaz
M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019

Yeah, of all the material I skimmed trough, it had to be a video that adviced against suicide that gave me the solution.

Are you hanging from a ratchet? I was wondering if this would work with the ratchet like in the video.

Yup, tried it exaclty like in the video with a ratchet after not properly managing partial hanging and night-night method. This one works like a charm.

Rheaz

Rheaz

Sep 12, 2019
Yeah, of all the material I skimmed trough, it had to be a video that adviced against suicide that gave me the solution.

Yup, tried it exaclty like in the video with a ratchet after not properly managing partial hanging and night-night method. This one works like a charm.
How did you attach the ratchet? I'm sorry so many questions. I'm really wanting to try this way. I just don't know how to attach the ratchet to something. I'm trying to also tie off to the other side of the door.

M

Mikemikemike

Sep 21, 2019
I've been trying to find these with my fingers for hours why can't I find them? I can feel the two pulses How much pressure do I need to put on with my fingers.

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
I've been trying to find these with my fingers for hours why can't I find them? I can feel the two pulses How much pressure do I need to put on with my fingers.
Once I find the pulses, I push in on them with my fingers straight into my neck, that usually causes my vision to fade

Reactions: gingerplum
M

Mindopali

Jun 30, 2019
How did you attach the ratchet? I'm sorry so many questions. I'm really wanting to try this way. I just don't know how to attach the ratchet to something. I'm trying to also tie off to the other side of the door.

:

I tie it like this (works for rope and ratchet), I have a wooden ladder not far from me that's super-sturdy, so I do it there.

S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
I cannot compress the carotid with my fingers, while lying down..sitting down, I can do it everytime..if I do this method sitting down, I can fall in any direction..messing up the arrangement..any solutions?

Dazedandconfused32

Dazedandconfused32

She was the worlds biggest mistake
Jun 16, 2019
What i'm Having a really hard time with is the ratcheting system. I don't know if I purchased the incorrect one or not? I purchased one exactly like this one you linked on Amazon. The trouble I'm having is with the two ends pieces. They have black hooks on the end so I can't figure out how anyone is supposed to be able to wrap the ratchet around your neck?

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Despite possible final post-im still here at the mo. Wanted to ask if there is any proof of Night Night Method-I have a fair bit of sceptecism- having researched extensively-I can see not report of this ever having been used as suicide method (and it does sound a little to easy/ good to be true)- The closest I could see was two occasions of people actually using the duct tape wrapped round and round to cover the nose and mouth-so death was by asphyxiation--not pleasant. Has anyone uncovered any real evidence ie; police/ coroners report or news story that this has even really been done?

S

SweetSpot086

Experienced
Aug 25, 2019
I cannot compress the carotid with my fingers, while lying down..sitting down, I can do it everytime..if I do this method sitting down, I can fall in any direction..messing up the arrangement..any solutions?

Bump..Anyone?

M

Mikemikemike

Sep 21, 2019
Success I have finally found the sweet spot after a week or two of trying with my fingers my vision started fading and I went really tingly it felt really good. My ratchet strap should be here today or tomorrow I really think this method will work.

Reactions: WatermelonMel and NoDream
Wyntergirl

Wyntergirl

Aug 22, 2019
Success I have finally found the sweet spot after a week or two of trying with my fingers my vision started fading and I went really tingly it felt really good. My ratchet strap should be here today or tomorrow I really think this method will work.
I have been able to compress it with my fingers since they are precise, but compressing it with the ratchet is a whole other matter. I have no idea how to compress the arteries with bean bags and I just get the exploding head feeling

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
I have been able to compress it with my fingers since they are precise, but compressing it with the ratchet is a whole other matter. I have no idea how to compress the arteries with bean bags and I just get the exploding head feeling

On page 21 caribpilgrim has a method of using medicine caps instead to apply enough pressure required, I tried it and it seems to compress just like fingers

M

Mikemikemike

Sep 21, 2019
I'll try that with the medicine caps I also read you can cut a potato in to the right size to apply enough pressure. I think the bean bags cover to much of the area to hit the sweet spot

M

Mikemikemike

Sep 21, 2019
My ratchet straps have arrived one last question when I am doing it with my fingers My left arm starts to tingle should this be the car I want to make sure it's defiantly the right spot. Thanks