• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
I grew up playing these 1980's classic games

Although the first Legend Of Zelda was easier , I preferred Zelda II for how unique and hard it was

Has any one else here played these games ?

Hobbes

Hobbes

Jun 12, 2019
I only had the original Mario on NES, so I didn't have the experience of sinking hours into these as a child. I've played them both a bit as an adult but I don't have the attention span for anything challenging anymore, especially such massive and cryptic old games. I think they're wonderful and revolutionary designs though. It seems like it would be such a joy to play in an era where you could gossip with friends about secrets you found and how to defeat certain enemies and get a strategy guide for it.

I also think it's interesting to hear the general opinion on Zelda II change over time. Everybody gave it grief for so long and it has slowly swung back around into thinking it's a good game. It was definitely an odd direction to take the series (and they ultimately decided to backtrack to the Zelda I style for future games) but I'm really glad they took that risk. I do think its odd mechanics hold back a lot of current Zelda fans from going back and enjoying it fully.

Daigoro’sDisciple

Daigoro’sDisciple

Jul 6, 2019
I've played them both, and did enjoy them, just as I have enjoyed the rest of its sequels (unfortunately I haven't felt the urge to play Breath of the Wild — but I can tell by all the positive reviews that I would have enjoyed it if I would still be able to enjoy such things in the same manner as I once did). As for the two first games, I must agree with you that the difficulty presented is indeed quite charming at times, other times you'd just want to allow your body to run amok and throw the damn console out the window!

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
I only had the original Mario on NES, so I didn't have the experience of sinking hours into these as a child. I've played them both a bit as an adult but I don't have the attention span for anything challenging anymore, especially such massive and cryptic old games. I think they're wonderful and revolutionary designs though. It seems like it would be such a joy to play in an era where you could gossip with friends about secrets you found and how to defeat certain enemies and get a strategy guide for it.

I also think it's interesting to hear the general opinion on Zelda II change over time. Everybody gave it grief for so long and it has slowly swung back around into thinking it's a good game. It was definitely an odd direction to take the series (and they ultimately decided to backtrack to the Zelda I style for future games) but I'm really glad they took that risk. I do think its odd mechanics hold back a lot of current Zelda fans from going back and enjoying it fully.

Yes , lots of players gave it grief because it reverted to a side scrolling style of game play for most of the duration

Like Super Mario Bros 2 , it is considered to be the black sheep of the Legend Of Zelda series

I also grew up with The Legend Of Zelda :" A Link To The Past , that a lot of people I think also call Zelda III
I've played them both, and did enjoy them, just as I have enjoyed the rest of its sequels (unfortunately I haven't felt the urge to play Breath of the Wild — but I can tell by all the positive reviews that I would have enjoyed it if I would still be able to enjoy such things in the same manner as I once did). As for the two first games, I must agree with you that the difficulty presented is indeed quite charming at times, other times you'd just want to allow your body to run amok and throw the damn console out the window!

I think Breath Of the Wild looks good , but I haven't got the interest in getting the Nintendo Switch

Last edited:
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Yes, played them and played almost the whole franchise games ❤️

Amber1974

Amber1974

Student
Dec 9, 2018
Yep remember playing these back in the day, found them a bit tedious