• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
And I hate it even more how games are usually most people's favourite way to pass the time and connect with others. It's usually most people's favorite thing to do besides watching movies/TV shows and listening to music.

When hanging out with people games are usually the first thing they'll want to do with their friends and/or family.

The reason I hate games so much is I FUCKING SUCK AT LITERALLY ALL OF THEM NO MATTER HOW FUCKING HARD I TRY!!!

I think I may literally have a SEVERE learning disability or something, because I LITERALLY JUST DON'T GET BETTER, EVEN WHEN PRACTICING A LOT AND TAKING TIPS FROM OTHER PEOPLE, AND EVEN WITH A LITERAL TUTOR HELPING ME OUT.

I usually ALWAYS come in DEAD LAST in whatever game I play, WITHOUT FAIL.

Friends/acquaintances/family/even strangers ALWAYS make comments about it too. Like if another person says "goddamn I suck so hard." Then another person replies "well just be glad you're not ConfusedHurting2632 HAHAHAHA." And then another person replies "if your bar is so low that you consider being better than ConfusedHurting2632 to be ANY sort of achievement, then you really should just kill yourself right here and now HAHAHAHA." And then another person replies "HAAAAAAAAA...true that! Can't really debate!"

Now looking at it from their end, it's most likely just banter and nothing more...BUT as someone who is ALREADY insecure AS HELL about my lack of intelligence and lack of skills, this just makes me feel EVEN WORSE...though I don't show it to other people, as I don't want them to see my weaknesses and therefore be able to exploit my weaknesses. So while they say this shit I mostly just keep a straight face, even though I'm crying on the inside.

BESIDES sucking at video games/always losing/always coming in last place, though...in general I just don't like competition of ANY sort. EVEN if it's just "friendly competition" or "casual competition," it's all the same to me. The whole idea of win or lose gives me A LOT of anxiety in general.

THE ONLY type of game I'd really consider EVER playing and truly enjoying...a "free play" or "free style" type of game. As in there is no win/lose or winner/loser. A type of game that is just something fun to do. Akin to watching a movie/TV show or listening to music. Just stress free fun.

A game of that sort most likely DOES exist...BUT it must be pretty hard to find, as a lot of games rely on the winner/loser or succeed/fail aspect. In fact, the loser/winner and succeed/fail aspect is usually what most people LIKE about the games to begin with, though I certainly am not "most people."

And for the record, EVEN SOMETHING like TicTacToe, Hangman, or a casual drawing context gives me A LOT of stress...I just can't deal with the win/lose or succeed/fail aspect...

At school I would be made fun of regularly, bullied, and even physically assaulted for sucking at every single sport...and I still suck at every single sport to this day...

I would also be bullied both online and offline for sucking at video games...when it came to team video games people would rage against me for "being the weak link" and/or "making the whole team fail"...I've even been doxxed/swatted due to that same reason...

I would also be bullied during board games and/or card games for "not knowing how the game works" or "not knowing what the fuck I'm doing." I just couldn't memorize all the rules and everything no matter what, and people would rage against me for that.

But yeah...that's about it...

I was just simply not made for games of ANY sort...

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Start with easy ones like jigsaw puzzles, paint by numbers games, visual novels like Ace Attorney, or even that Rick and Morty game where all you do is pop balloons with absolutely no metrics besides counting how many you've popped.

If you hate competition, perhaps single-player games are more your speed. Many games these days allow you to lower the difficulty for a single player campaign. There are also many stress free games out there that just let you simulate farming like Stardew Valley or something akin to that. Oh yeah, and there's no shame in consulting a walkthrough or watching how to do something on YouTube no matter what anyone tells you.

I consider myself someone who's also bad at video games and yet I have had no choice but to resort to them to escape this shit reality we live in. I actually love easy games myself which is why I'm a huge fan of Kirby and Pokémon games though those still do require a bit of a knowledge brush to make them easy enough.

Hope that helps. If not, then I hope you can find some other avenue for recreation. Many boomers would love you for not being able to enjoy games anyway. 😅

Last edited:
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Games only seem to be worth playing if they are perceived to have a fair chance of winning. Multiplayer games with matchmaking will try to keep people to something like 40/60 win rate. If you consistently lose then what's the point of playing? It's like gambling, you have to win sometimes to feel like playing.

• Love
Reactions: ConfusedHurting2632
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I think it's ok not to like games, you don't have to like things everybody else does.

You might also just need to become more comfortable with playing a game for it's own sake rather than the outcome. Winning or losing is mostly irrelevant I find, I just want to enjoy trying.

• Love
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
I hate games cuz I'm a sore fucking loser and I suck at them. Its even worse since I'm so competitive everytime I play a video game I expect to be top of the leaderboard just to end up being absolute shit☹️

I almost blocked my bf over a card game so

pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
im sorry people have been cruel to you over just losing, seriously awful to hear youve been doxxed and swatted over it. as iron arc said, its good if you ever feel like playing a game to start with single player games, or just stuff you actually enjoy. how do you feel about competing against yourself? thats what i like about rhythm games, i dont have to play against anyone else i just pick songs i like and jam from there. i like playing minecraft too, because u can choose gamerules and stuff so i like just building and doing whatever i want as combat isnt what i enjoy in mc. not being the best at games doesnt determine your worth though, theres a million other activities to enjoy solo or with other people, i know you said competitive gaming is what many people like, but i truly hope some day you find someone who you can spend quality time with, who doesn't berate you unfairly, and you can do something you both like.

• Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's not that I never played any kinds of games (online and offline) but games are sth that don't make me really excited. I can live very well without them.

Ares

Ares

Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ
Apr 27, 2024
I can not say I'm in any better of a boat than you are. I am rather terrible at most games, mostly because I find no interest in them so I do not bother to play most of the time. I do somewhat enjoy non-competitive games, Minecraft can be fun when nobody is trying to fight you constantly and it's more passive. But that depends on who you're playing with. And like someone else said, single player games could be fun. Generally there's a skill gap between oneself and others if they play more than you, so either way you and I would be losing ahaha.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
xinino

xinino

I love to be sick
Mar 31, 2024
It is the opposite in my case, I used to be so good at games that they became repetitive and boring, especially TCG, I used to consider the probabilities and play around them.

But games are infinite dopamine close-loops, they don't have an end point which made me drop them.

• Love
WoNkEy_DoNkEy

WoNkEy_DoNkEy

More Useless Than A Chocolate Teapot 🫖
Apr 6, 2024
This belongs in unpopular opinion thread lol

• Love