J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
It just makes you not motivated to pursue anything anymore. It's really horrible
I remember that horrible pain ages 14-19.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, TakeMeBack07, Disappointered and 3 others
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Being attractive may not solve all problems, but being ugly certainly causes many. And unlike you, most if not all of my problems are directly or indirectly caused by unattractiveness.
Anyway, I hope that you succeed in doing whatever you want to do, be it ctb or recovery.
You speak the truth!

Reactions: Le_Dauphin, Élégie, Disappointered and 2 others
H

Hangman

Nov 4, 2021
Some beautiful people are very insecure too. If you are beautiful, you are "competing" with other beautiful people. If you are ugly, you don't need to worry about beauty.

LonelyBrazilian

LonelyBrazilian

Just a boring guy.
Oct 21, 2021
Some beautiful people are very insecure too. If you are beautiful, you are "competing" with other beautiful people. If you are ugly, you don't need to worry about beauty.
wtf that doesn't make sense, was it supposed to be a motivational phrase??

Reactions: g0921, Le_Dauphin, Élégie and 2 others
H

Hangman

Nov 4, 2021
Made sense to me a moment ago... Just saying it's not much better looking good. My twisted positive thinking to offer for this forum.

Reactions: Capsicum_Corral
8evergo

8evergo

Mage
Oct 20, 2021
Even if you look good when you're crazy the same thing, only the girls are kidding you and the gays always want you

J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
It's even worse because you're trapped, you can't win, when you're ugly you can't put yourself in situations to die (I hear so many story's I'm sure you all do too about people dying who lived their life or were in the wrong place at the wrong time). And you can't fully live because you will be tortured everywhere you walk for your looks and then you're miserable because you're not fully living.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Le_Dauphin, death137, Midgardsorm and 1 other person
C

Capsicum_Corral

Experienced
Dec 10, 2021
After being rejected countless times I learned the things of the pickup artists, but never used because it felt like I was manipulating people, which I hate to do so.
The thing is, every single behavior you exhibit, whether it's the rhythm of your breathing, the words you use, your body posture, or whatever, it's all manipulating the person you're interacting with. You have a choice of manipulating them unconsciously, or consciously. Your only other choice is to not interact with other people.

Reactions: Snake of Eden and Midgardsorm
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
The thing is, every single behavior you exhibit, whether it's the rhythm of your breathing, the words you use, your body posture, or whatever, it's all manipulating the person you're interacting with. You have a choice of manipulating them unconsciously, or consciously. Your only other choice is to not interact with other people.

You have a point.

I just thought that I wasn't being myself, I was being a script. Wasn't only exhausting to do it but it was also unfair for the other person, in that case, the girl with me.
I felt myself being fake and manipulating her to think I was actually like that every time.

Reactions: TakeMeBack07 and Capsicum_Corral
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
It's even worse because you're trapped, you can't win, when you're ugly you can't put yourself in situations to die (I hear so many story's I'm sure you all do too about people dying who lived their life or were in the wrong place at the wrong time). And you can't fully live because you will be tortured everywhere you walk for your looks and then you're miserable because you're not fully living.
It's hell, horror, etc

Relationship between ugliness and social anxiety

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Marine, Le_Dauphin, yive and 2 others
H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
It's hell, horror, etc

Relationship between ugliness and social anxiety

That's one of the reasons why humans are better off dead. They have pure evil deep in their genes and they don't even try to hide it.

• Love
Reactions: Le_Dauphin and death137
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
It's literally the worse handicap. If I looked different and felt alive I would be free to move about the world and experience and build up a foundation. Also not to mention it kills ALL social confidence and interaction with others

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Marine, Le_Dauphin, Kestrel and 5 others
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
It's truly like you're destined to fail when unattractive, I can never accept this body and the 2 mistakes with guys when I was low who smelled my low self esteem

• Hugs
Reactions: Le_Dauphin, Élégie, HappyForever? and 1 other person
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
Honestly I sometimes wonder how I got so unlucky

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Le_Dauphin, Kestrel and 2 others
fillthevoid

fillthevoid

Nov 15, 2021
Honestly not sure how ugly/non-ugly I am really. People have called my pretty before, probably just being nice but still. Cos equally nobody has ever been interested in me before really lol apart from my current bf who honestly probably just wanted a younger 'upgrade' from his ex tbf lol (she was hot af from photos I've seen but I guess she got too old for his likes haha) I don't wear makeup or try with my appearance at all, so I probably look really bad compared to what people expect to see, and personality wise I'm absolutely horrendous, flat, boring, and most of all just plain wierd. So I guess, even if I'm fairly slim, 'ok' looking etc, still doesn't make me attractive at all. I would love TO feel attractive and likeable and magnetic to the opposite sex but I just don't and I've never been prepared to wear makeup and dress in a different way and be someone I'm not just to test this theory. I want someone to be attracted to me, for me. 🤷‍♀️ So guess it just is what it is.

Reactions: HappyForever?
The Abyss

The Abyss

Why're we still here, just to suffer?
Dec 19, 2019
Just be yourself, oh but also you need a good face, tall, act confident, have a stupid haircut that is currently fashionable, don't admit you're into "loser hobbies", pretend you enjoy travelling & have 100 friends lol. Being an asshole bully also works.

Personality only matters if you're attractive enough to even warrant talking to in the first place; even then the better looking you are the less it matters.

As for standards women are held to, the better looking & not obese you are the less "creepy=ugly/not tall" the men hitting on you will be. There's a huge thirst problem out there with many guys desperate for a moment of female attention.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: AloneInCollege, Le_Dauphin, death137 and 2 others
O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
In my past, I knew people who found the guys I found attractive to be ugly. Even when I see they're not, others did. I knew one who thought himself ugly but I did not. So, the whole eye in the beauty of the beholder is true at least.
You know that no one is beautiful to everyone, and vice versa, OK?

S

sfabians

Student
Nov 7, 2021
This question on reddit got 10K replies:
"What are the dangers of being very beautiful?"
Link

H

HappyForever?

Feb 14, 2021
This question on reddit got 10K replies:
"What are the dangers of being very beautiful?"
Link
I'd rather be attractive and take the minuscule risk of being harmed than be unattractive and live in pain every day.
Edit: After reading more posts in the thread I found that most of the "dangers" are merely minor inconveniences. Some posts are even about what will happen if you become less attractive, which is more like a danger of being unattractive rather than attractive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marine
justagreenleaf

justagreenleaf

Student
May 29, 2022
Never having a "teenage romance" because of my looks at the time is something I'll always regret. I did improve somewhat as I aged—still not to a point where I'd say I feel comfortable in my shoes. Ah well, in the next life, perhaps...

• Hugs
Reactions: HappyForever? and Élégie
H

HappyForever?

Feb 14, 2021
Never having a "teenage romance" because of my looks at the time is something I'll always regret. I did improve somewhat as I aged—still not to a point where I'd say I feel comfortable in my shoes. Ah well, in the next life, perhaps...
Teenage romance is something that I've missed out on too, and it's part of the reason I'm here.

• Hugs
Reactions: AloneInCollege and justagreenleaf
prince345

prince345

exhausted
May 4, 2022
I'd rather be attractive and take the minuscule risk of being harmed than be unattractive and live in pain every day.
Edit: After reading more posts in the thread I found that most of the "dangers" are merely minor inconveniences. Some posts are even about what will happen if you become less attractive, which is more like a danger of being unattractive rather than attractive.
It's definitely not minor inconveniences or a minuscule risk… especially if you are a woman. Even women who are not conventionally attractive get raped, kidnapped, and/or killed. Don't mean to come off as harsh but it's reality.

H

HappyForever?

Feb 14, 2021
It's definitely not minor inconveniences or a minuscule risk… especially if you are a woman. Even women who are not conventionally attractive get raped, kidnapped, and/or killed. Don't mean to come off as harsh but it's reality.
It's like saying "It's bad being rich. People all want my money and I'm more likely to be robbed." The issues are perfectly valid, but the benefits far outweigh the dangers. You see ads for cosmetic surgery everywhere, but you never see anyone who deliberately wants to be unattractive. Also, you mentioned that the danger applies to less attractive women as well. This indicates it's not a problem about being attractive, but a problem about being a woman.

Reactions: Maaizr
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've always wondered what life would be like if I were attractive. When I worked in retail, there was this one lady who was model-level beautiful and one day, I was on the rota to work with her. It made me feel even more crap- with the extra contrast standing next to her.

She was actually really nice, which made it easier. Customers would outright tell her she was beautiful and had she considered modelling. I asked her afterwards what that was like- and she said- sometimes it was flattering but other times, it was really intrusive. Wondered if it would almost be like being famous and decided I was probably better off being ugly. I don't think I'd enjoy that level of attention.

I'm sorry that this is impacting your life. I would say that there are things you can do to improve yourself. I went through a two year phase of trying to impress someone I had a crush on. I lost a lot of weight and made more effort dressing well. Honestly, it didn't work- LOL. Still, it made me feel better at the time. Honestly, I've realised since that all my crushes were pretty unhealthy- like obsessions (limerance).

I think I'm so maladjusted now that I don't even want a relationship, so it doesn't matter so much how look but I wish you well.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Dead Ghost, fillthevoid and 1 other person
O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
"Don't mean to" yet does it anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: HappyForever? and WorthlessTrash
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I've always wondered what life would be like if I were attractive. When I worked in retail, there was this one lady who was model-level beautiful and one day, I was on the rota to work with her. It made me feel even more crap- with the extra contrast standing next to her.

She was actually really nice, which made it easier. Customers would outright tell her she was beautiful and had she considered modelling. I asked her afterwards what that was like- and she said- sometimes it was flattering but other times, it was really intrusive. Wondered if it would almost be like being famous and decided I was probably better off being ugly. I don't think I'd enjoy that level of attention.

I'm sorry that this is impacting your life. I would say that there are things you can do to improve yourself. I went through a two year phase of trying to impress someone I had a crush on. I lost a lot of weight and made more effort dressing well. Honestly, it didn't work- LOL. Still, it made me feel better at the time. Honestly, I've realised since that all my crushes were pretty unhealthy- like obsessions (limerance).

I think I'm so maladjusted now that I don't even want a relationship, so it doesn't matter so much how look but I wish you well.
True, while it may have been intrusive to her, ugly people suffer insults which is also intrusive so either way there's negative attention. I'd take being her (with the benefit of positive attention) over me who gets at best no attention.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Le_Dauphin, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
justagreenleaf

justagreenleaf

Student
May 29, 2022
Teenage romance is something that I've missed out on too, and it's part of the reason I'm here.
Just an idea lonely guy, let's dress up like people did back then, and pretend we are living it! 😹

• Yay!
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
It's COPIUM. A way for people who are unattractive to rationalize their fate.

I would bet that most, if not all people would be attractive if they could.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Kestrel

Kestrel

Flying away
May 30, 2022
I'm an ugly women and the thing that hurts the most is knowing that people don't believe you were sexually harrased or assulted. It feels extra embarrasing to talk about because you know they are thinking 'why would anyone assault that'.

I remember some of my male friends, one of which told me many times I am ugly, making jokes to me about one of my worst assaults. He also made fun of the fact a man in college kept harrasing me. They defended the guys. It's like they see you as worth nothing, or you should enjoy the attention you get even if it is scary and violent.

I reported one to the police and they did nothing. I don't think they believed me.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Élégie, fillthevoid and 2 others