• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dinosavr

dinosavr

take me to the rooftop 🌃
Dec 14, 2023
I'm an introvert and I really love spending time on my own. I can sit in my room 24/7 and not get bored for a minute even though I don't really do much. Sometimes I like seeing my family or talking to friends or whatever but mostly I'm fine on my own.

But as we all know, the sad truth is, self isolation is not a good thing when you have depression. It seems comfortable and cozy but it's ruining you silently and makes it harder to deal with reality when you have to.

I feel completely lost. I know it's okay to feel "at home" and it's important to care for what you need. But I can't seem to find the moment when it's too much and when I should force myself to go out even though I completely don't want to.

I don't want to be a burden for my roommates but I do fucking want to just crawl into my bed, turn off the lights and never go out :(

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
I'm an extrovert, but it's easy to have fun by myself. CPTSD is also pushing me to self isolate b/c feelings of guilt and worthlessness. Self-isolating was making all the symptoms including flashbacks and nightmares worse.
Psychologist told me I needed to socialize more. Voice chat and phone calls with friends made a big difference. There's a discord gaming group. Dm me if you want an invite.

Last edited:
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
leaving my room has gotten harder and harder as well, i dont do well in social situations or even basic interactions. only one person regularly spends time with me physically. talking to friends on the phone is more important than i realized and im the absolute worst at handling phone calls too lol

keep friends/good family close, they care about you and want you to remember they care 🖤

Last edited:
T

Tarrasque

Apr 4, 2024
I feel you on this one. When you're in school and everybody's forced together into these classrooms full of strangers, it's easy to make friends. It's shocking how much harder it is as an adult, especially if you don't like yourself and all your relationships feel like they're built on pity.

N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

It/Xe
Apr 2, 2023
I've been isolating from my friends due my own emotional bullshit and have come to the conclusion that it's simultaneously a lot sadder but also less stressful, not sure what to do with that conclusion though.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Te bst way to get out is to find a group of people with whom you have some common interest. (I go to a dance group once a week. When I was younger, I went out with various groups that spent time in the outdoors.) If you do that, you will do it regularly, which is a good thing. Having a routine always helps. Also, you will get to know the people in that group, which makes interactng with them easier.