• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Hello, by popular demand I bring you this tutorial... This is a bit rough right now but you can get a general idea on how you can do it. In the future (if i'm still around) i will ask moderators for help with editing it.

Here's how to test your SN! Basically you're going to need the following items...
  • An aquarium test kit that tests for nitrite up to 10mg/L. I used this: https://anonym.to/?https://www.jbl.de/en/products/detail/4490/jbl-easytest-6in1 as that's what i was able to find at my local pet store. It is available on amazon and ebay and wherever too. This kit is actually kinda crap, there are better ones (the ones which use reagents) but you'll have to figure out how to use those by yourself. The main idea is that this kit can measure up to 10mg/L nitrite and the tutorial is based around that.
  • Two 1L bottles of water (buy new ones, so you don't have to go to the trouble of measuring it)
  • One large syringe (10ml and up)
  • A scale accurate to 0.01g (same as you would use for measuring your SN for its intended purpose).
Testing procedure:
  1. Take a marker and mark the water level on the unopened 1 liter bottles, this will be important later.
  2. Take one of the test strips and use it in one of the bottles of water, plain water, this should give you a baseline reading, the nitrite/nitrate tests should not react at all.
  3. Next weigh 1g of SN on your scale and dissolve it in one of the 1L bottles of water, shake well. You will now have a 1g/L (1000mg/L) solution of SN.
  4. Then open up your 2nd 1L bottle of water and spill out some of it.
  5. Use the syringe to pull 10ml of solution from the bottle you dissolved SN in. Since you are pulling 10mL out of a 1000mg/L solution, the syringe should now contain 10mg of SN. Squirt this solution into the other bottle, fill back up with regular water until the 1 liter mark you made earlier. Shake well again. This should give a 10mg/L concentration of SN which is low enough to be registered by the test kit.
  6. Put a new testing strip into this 2nd bottle and you will get a reading for nitrite and nitrate (ignore the nitrate reading, i think the strips themselves don't differentiate that much).
What you are looking for is a reading for nitrite that is very very close to the top of the chart which is 10mg/L for the kit I have mentioned. If you get significantly less (say halfway up or less) then your substance is not pure SN and I advice you not to use it.

Of course other kits than the one I mentioned can be used, you'll just have to dillute accordingly if your kit maxes out at lower levels. For instance, if your kit only goes to 5mg/L maximum you would only pick up 5mL solution from the first bottle, and so on.

Please remember to dispose of the contents of the bottles after testing your SN! The bottles themselves can be re-used after they are washed well.

Last edited:
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Thanks for the appreciation @Soul, i wanted to do a proper tutorial with pictures and everything (i use TOR and know how to strip EXIF data from pictures so they can't be traced to me, i don't worry about that), but that would need more alone-time than I have now and also me not getting the benzo hands which is kinda difficult these days.

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Did a test on the UK seller. 5ml test up 2 3.3mg.
5ml out a 1 liter bottle. So here is one photo from it.

Can upload a photo of how that SN looks to if wanted.

Could you give us your interpretation of that please ? It seems to show that there is a concentration of up to 3.3 mg of SN to 1 litre of water in your specimen.
The recommended ctb dose is 15grams (15000mg) per 100 ml, equivalent to 150,000 mg/l

I understood that the purpose of the exercise was to establish the purity of the SN powder, and I cannot see how this aquarium test kit will show that.

thedutchguy

thedutchguy

Slowly drowing
Jun 5, 2019
Could you give us your interpretation of that please ? It seems to show that there is a concentration of up to 3.3 mg of SN to 1 litre of water in your specimen.
The recommended ctb dose is 15grams (15000mg) per 100 ml, equivalent to 150,000 mg/l

I understood that the purpose of the exercise was to establish the purity of the SN powder, and I cannot see how this aquarium test kit will show that.

Second bottle was 10mg/1000cc so this was 5ml test. This test does only Nitrite. So my calculation was it reacted directly before the 2 mins where over (waiting time to almost this same color). Which was on 5ml - 0.5mg (because 10mg/1000cc : 2 is 0.5mg/500cc 1ml is equal to 1cc (match is not my strongest point anymore tho) but thats how understand it. This seller is a 99.9 foodgrade one.

1 gram =1000 milligrams
15gr = 15000mg then on 100ml / 100cc

bacteria in aquarium from nitrite ;). But indeed its for a purity test of the SN powder. Wanted to be sure it does what i did buy it for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lennox
Lennox

Lennox

No alarms, and no surprises...
Jul 21, 2019
Splendid post @jake3d. I'm not into aquariums, I didn't know these tests were a thing. SN is my plan B but I'm definitely getting one of those test kits, I found locally one different, but I'll make it work.

The test I was gonna perform (well still am too) is mixing the SN with hydrochloric acid(which I have at hand). One of the products of this mix is nitrogen dioxide gas, which has an intense reddish-brown color. So that would point that in all likelihood SN is present, but it wouldn't tell me about possible low concentrations. The aquarium test kit will solve that.

Last edited:
Etherealdignity333

Etherealdignity333

Ad Astra
Jul 21, 2019
Hello, by popular demand I bring you this tutorial... This is a bit rough right now but you can get a general idea on how you can do it. In the future (if i'm still around) i will ask moderators for help with editing it.

Here's how to test your SN! Basically you're going to need the following items...
  • An aquarium test kit that tests for nitrite up to 10mg/L. I used this: https://anonym.to/?https://www.jbl.de/en/products/detail/4490/jbl-easytest-6in1 as that's what i was able to find at my local pet store. It is available on amazon and ebay and wherever too. This kit is actually kinda crap, there are better ones (the ones which use reagents) but you'll have to figure out how to use those by yourself. The main idea is that this kit can measure up to 10mg/L nitrite and the tutorial is based around that.
  • Two 1L bottles of water (buy new ones, so you don't have to go to the trouble of measuring it)
  • A scale accurate to 0.01g (same as you would use for measuring your SN for its intended purpose).
Testing procedure:
  1. Take a marker and mark the water level on the unopened 1 liter bottles, this will be important later.
  2. Take one of the test strips and use it in one of the bottles of water, plain water, this should give you a baseline reading, the nitrite/nitrate tests should not react at all.
  3. Next weigh 1g of SN on your scale and dissolve it in one of the 1L bottles of water, shake well. You will now have a 1g/L (1000mg/L) solution of SN.
  5. Use the syringe to pull 10ml of solution from the bottle you dissolved SN in. Since you are pulling 10mL out of a 1000mg/L solution, the syringe should now contain 10mg of SN. Squirt this solution into the other bottle, fill back up with regular water until the 1 liter mark you made earlier. Shake well again. This should give a 10mg/L concentration of SN which is low enough to be registered by the test kit.
  6. Put a new testing strip into this 2nd bottle and you will get a reading for nitrite and nitrate (ignore the nitrate reading, i think the strips themselves don't differentiate that much).
What you are looking for is a reading for nitrite that is very very close to the top of the chart which is 10mg/L for the kit I have mentioned. If you get significantly less (say halfway up or less) then your substance is not pure SN and I advice you not to use it.

Of course other kits than the one I mentioned can be used, you'll just have to dillute accordingly if your kit maxes out at lower levels. For instance, if your kit only goes to 5mg/L maximum you would only pick up 5mL solution from the first bottle, and so on.

Please remember to dispose of the contents of the bottles after testing your SN! The bottles themselves can be re-used after they are washed well.
Beautiful; thank you!

M

merem

Jul 23, 2019
Sorry!

But I have a little doubt about the test.
Water already contains naturally nitrites and other minerals (ions) I guess ???
It would take demineralized water I guess or not?

Reactions: UnwaveringFire
thedutchguy

thedutchguy

Slowly drowing
Jun 5, 2019
Sorry!

But I have a little doubt about the test.
Water already contains naturally nitrites and other minerals (ions) I guess ???
It would take demineralized water I guess or not?
I used SPA as water source, tested before putting the SN in clear, after bright red. You can always test your SN if you don't believe what have been written here...

Reactions: Lennox and Baskol1
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
Splendid post @jake3d. I'm not into aquariums, I didn't know these tests were a thing. SN is my plan B but I'm definitely getting one of those test kits, I found locally one different, but I'll make it work.

The test I was gonna perform (well still am too) is mixing the SN with hydrochloric acid(which I have at hand). One of the products of this mix is nitrogen dioxide gas, which has an intense reddish-brown color. So that would point that in all likelihood SN is present, but it wouldn't tell me about possible low concentrations. The aquarium test kit will solve that.
Could you elaborate a bit more about the test method which involves mixing SN with hydrochloric acid?
Do i need to mix SN into 100ml water first and then with hydrochloric acid? And with how much hydrochloric acid?

I would really appreciate it if you could provide some elaboration on the SN purity test method. Thanks

Lennox

Lennox

Jul 21, 2019
Could you elaborate a bit more about the test method which involves mixing SN with hydrochloric acid?
Do i need to mix SN into 100ml water first and then with hydrochloric acid? And with how much hydrochloric acid?

I would really appreciate it if you could provide some elaboration on the SN purity test method. Thanks
No you don't need water, just a small amount of SN and then pour a bit of hydrochloric acid over it. You don't need much at all, something like 1 gram of SN and 1ml or less of hydrochloric acid is fine. A reddish-brown smoke will be instantly released from the mixing.

But the other test described here by the OP using an aquarium test kit is better because it allows you to determine concentration/percentage of actual SN in your sample. You have specific questions about that?

Last edited:
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
No you don't need water, just a small amount of SN and then pour a bit of hydrochloric acid over it. You don't need much at all, something like 1 gram of SN and 1ml or less of hydrochloric acid is fine. A reddish-brown smoke will be instantly released from the mixing.

But the other test described here by the OP using an aquarium test kit is better because it allows you to determine concentration/percentage of actual SN in your sample. You have specific questions about that?

@Lennox, yes, i read previous posts on this thread about concentrations. I read the following post here on this thread:

Testing procedure:

The post I quote above says something about 10 mg of SN in 1 liter (which would be 1000mL).
I didn't really understand.. It was a bit too much to read..

Does the post mean that aquarium test kit can test only low concentration of SN?

I'm confused.. i would like some help in interpreting what the above post means..

Last edited:
Lennox

Lennox

Jul 21, 2019
@Lennox, yes, i read previous posts on this thread about concentrations. I read the following post here on this thread:

The post I quote above says something about 10 mg of SN in 1 liter (which would be 1000mL).
I didn't really understand.. It was a bit too much to read..

Does the post mean that aquarium test kit can test only low concentration of SN?

I'm confused.. i would like some help in interpreting what the above post means..
Yes. The aquarium test kit can only measure up to 10mg of SN per 1000ml of water. So what you do is adapt and recreate that situation. But since it's very difficult to weight 10mg directly, @jake3d showed a method to reach that 10mg by proportions. That's what is described.

After reaching the 10mg per 1000ml of water, use the test strips. If the test indicate maximum concentration of SN, that means your SN is pure. If it indicates lower than that, then that means something is seriously wrong with your SN.

But I don't know which colors in the strips specifically indicate what percentages. Because my test kit is different, it works by adding solutions to a sample of water rather than using strips.

Last edited:
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
Yes. The aquarium test kit can only measure up to 10mg of SN per 1000ml of water. So what you do is adapt and recreate that situation. But since it's very difficult to weight 10mg directly, @jake3d showed a method to reach that 10mg by proportions. That's what is described.

After reaching the 10mg per 1000ml of water. Use the test strips. If the test indicate maximum concentration of SN, that means your SN is pure. If it indicates lower than that, then that means something is seriously wrong with your SN.

But I don't know which colors in the strips specifically indicate what percentages. Because my test kit is different, it works by adding solutions to a sample of water rather than using strips.
Ohh.. i think i get it now..
Because of the aquarium test kit's limited ability to test only the low concentration of SN in water, 10 mg of SN per 1000mL of water needs to be prepared for the aquarium test kit to measure the purity of SN.

Just one more lingering question:
Because my test kit is different, it works by adding solutions to a sample of water rather than using strips.
What is your test kit, if you don't mind sharing? This test kit that you're talking about is different one from the reddish-brown color test you talked about earlier, correct?

Lennox

Lennox

Jul 21, 2019
Ohh.. i think i get it now..
Because of the aquarium test kit's limited ability to test only the low concentration of SN in water, 10 mg of SN per 1000mL of water needs to be prepared for the aquarium test kit to measure the purity of SN.

Just one more lingering question:

What is your test kit, if you don't mind sharing? This test kit that you're talking about is different one from the reddish-brown color test you talked about earlier, correct?
Yes, it's got nothing to do with the reddish-brown test. It's an aquarium test kit too, only a bit different.

My kit afaik is sold only in the country I live (Brazil). But I'm sure there are kits just like that in America.
Here's a page describing it, it's in Portuguese though:

Reactions: how2toGetout
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
Did a test on the UK seller. 5ml test up 2 3.3mg.
5ml out a 1 liter bottle. So here is one photo from it.

Can upload a photo of how that SN looks to if wanted.

Yes, it's got nothing to do with the reddish-brown test. It's an aquarium test kit too, only a bit different.

My kit afaik is sold only in the country I live (Brazil). But I'm sure there are kits just like that in America.
Here's a page describing it, it's in Portuguese though:

I'm interested in buying one of these Nitrite test kits (mentioned by @thedutchguy or @Lennox).

Is this particular one (the one pictured in spoiler image) sold/available in america (US)? I can't seem to find it on amazon or ebay..
Neither can i find the test kit mentioned by Lennox..

Is there any other alternative SN purity test kits (that are available in America), other than the ones pictured/mentioned here in this thread?

Reactions: Baskol1
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
but to test it you'll have to open the sealed bottle, i heard once it's opened the air gets into it and the potency will decrease

Reactions: Predestinated
N

nw7

Oct 22, 2018
Good thread.
I think its better to post here instead of creating a new thread. @jake3d, I hope you don't mind.

Here is a slightly different version of this test as mentioned in the PPH:

You'll need:

• Digital scale to weigh 5g of SN
  • 2 x one litre bottles of distilled water
  • Separate liquid container, like a cup for example.
  • 2ml pipette
  • Nitrite test stripes. Should measure up to 10mg/L. Usually part of an aquarium test kit
The test procedure:
  • Use the digital scale to weigh 5g of SN
  • Pour 10 to 20ml from one of the water bottles into the separate container
  • Stir the SN in the distilled water in the container until dissolved.
  • Return the mixture to the same bottle
  • Reseal, shake, and then re-open
  • Take 2ml from the mixture in the bottle using the pipette. (I'll use the dropper that comes with the cannabis oil. It's 1ml. So, I'll use it twice.)
  • Add the 2ml mixture to the 2nd bottle.
  • Reseal, shake, and then re-open
  • Use the nitrite test stripe and the color chart to test.
  • If the SN is pure, the color change in the test strip should match the 10mg/L in the color chart

Last edited:
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Could anyone help me out with my SN testing questions? Thanks heaps!

katyhere

katyhere

Jan 23, 2020
Could anyone perhaps help me out? I am terrible at this kind of stuff and calculating/understanding how it works so it would be much appreciated.
I bought a specific SN test kit from Tetra. It says that it measures nitrite values ranging from 0.3 to 3.3 mg/l. I need to fill a vial to the 5 ml mark with the 'to be tested water', but what concentration should this water be? How much SN/water? Then I add test reagant from bottle 1 and wait, then I add some of bottle 2. Afterwards I wait and compare it to the colour chart. But what do I want it to be compared to the colour chart? And how will I know that it's pure enough? I am sorry for all these questions, I have read the thread but I just don't understand when having to calculate it to other amounts and stuff...

T

throwaway_2620

Specialist
Nov 1, 2018
Here's another SN aquarium purity testing thread by @jgm63.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-aquarium-purity-testing.34630/

Reactions: autumnal
J

Jnasty823021

Mar 30, 2020
Is it really necessary to test the SN does any one have a source so as to negate testing

T

Taraxias

Specialist
Feb 22, 2020
The water that is used is mineral table water ? Or distiled?
I have this test that has this range .is this ok to use?
  • NO2 0-50 mg / l

Last edited:
C

cazwiz

Feb 25, 2020
Hello,
When we open our packet of SN to do this test, do we risk it losing its potency when we get around to CTB from having broken the seal and exposed it to the air?

thethatsitboy

thethatsitboy

NĂłs tudo vive pra morrer, mas luta pela vida
Jul 4, 2020
Hello,
When we open our packet of SN to do this test, do we risk it losing its potency when we get around to CTB from having broken the seal and exposed it to the air?
Look at THIS thread.

Here:

Storage
PrimerSN acts much like table salt (NaCl) . SN is:
  • Hygroscopic – absorbs water .
  • Does not react with water but dissolves to ions , suspended between H20 molecules .
  • Dissolves readily . This is the solution .
  • Should not be heated . It is combustible .
Solid – can I open and close the bottle/bag?YES. Unless you're in a sauna ..
  • It does not oxidize with oxygen , only with water (that solution is potent)
  • Frequent exposure will damage it, but over time. Occasional won't.
  • Clamps are fine
  • Normal temperatures are fine . SN is transported in trucks/airplanes neither heated nor cooled .
  • SN storage warnings mention only high heat, reagents, pressure, and combustion.
  • That includes strong acids / bases / oxidizers . These may cause reaction .
Solution – will it go bad quickly?NO. Only after few hours.
  • Strong solution like ours (40%) is potent and durable . Weaker solutions will react to create nitrates (aquarium) .
  • Labs store 40% solution in room temperature, open and close it, so some oxygen is fine.
  • This is when 99% SN is needed . Pure 100%, required in delicate biochem tests (DNA), must be prepared freshly . But 99% is fine for us .
  • Labs use purified water and under sterile condition.