• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Q

qwe78978213

Mar 19, 2024
1.Nitrite (NO2) and SN(NaNO2) are not the same substance. While they both contain nitrite ions (NO2^-), sodium nitrite also contains sodium ions (Na^+). So, they are different compounds.

However, many people try to test SN(NaNO2) using Nitrite (NO2) test kits.

789789789 912

2."NO2" and "NaNO2" are different words from the beginning, and even Wikipedia pages are divided into two. If they were the same substance, there should be only one page.

3.The CAS Registry Numbers, which are identification numbers for chemical substances, are also different.
Nitrite (NO2) CAS Number:14797-65-0
Sodium nitrite (NaNO2) CAS Number:7632-00-0

4.It's difficult to say that nitrite (NO2) and sodium nitrite (NaNO2) have the same chemical structure.
13213213213 909

2312321 908

5.Testing sodium nitrite (NaNO2) using tools designed for testing nitrite (NO2) appears to be prone to error, and according to ChatGPT's response, it is as follows:

cannot directly test sodium nitrite (NaNO2) using a kit or reagent designed for testing nitrite (NO2). This is because sodium nitrite is a specific compound that contains nitrite ions along with sodium ions, and the test kits or reagents are typically designed to react with the nitrite ion itself. The presence of sodium ions in sodium nitrite may interfere with the reaction or give false results.

1erg3q4gt 910

6.If some individuals were unable to properly test sodium nitrite (NaNO2) using nitrite (NO2) specific aquarium or drinking water test kits, it wouldn't be surprising.

Attachments

• 3213213 911.png
    3213213 911.png
    16 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
I don't know anything about Chemistry, but I'll address ChatGPT's response. ChatGPT can easily be corrected by telling it it's possible to test both using the NO2 testing kit. It'll then change the response because you said so.

I've corrected ChatGPT multiple times when it has given incorrect answers about Math, programming, and even how a specific software works.

Consider this fallible side of ChatGPT, because it does respond with incorrect information. It can be unreliable at times.

Q

qwe78978213

Mar 19, 2024
I don't know anything about Chemistry, but I'll address ChatGPT's response. ChatGPT can easily be corrected by telling it it's possible to test both using the NO2 testing kit. It'll then change the response because you said so.

I've corrected ChatGPT multiple times when it has given incorrect answers about Math, programming, and even how a specific software works.

Consider this fallible side of ChatGPT, because it does respond with incorrect information. It can be unreliable at times.
I have attempted to test sodium nitrite (NaNO2) using Nitrite (NO2) test kits more than five times. I have used over 20 test strips and tried products from four different companies. The water used was purified three-stage water, not ordinary water. However, I could not obtain accurate results.

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
The presence of sodium ions in sodium nitrite may interfere with the reaction or give false results.

That would then compromise or invalidate the saltwater aquarium test readings. There are also other ions in the aquarium water that are not expected to be there in a lab setting. Add to that ammonium and nitrates, the multi-test strips would become very unreliable. I have not been interested in how manufacturers approach these conflicts when designing strips, because trade secrets make this a waste of time. But the results have been proven to be "close enough", so it's better than nothing. Cannot expect an accurate reading from a strip, it does not output a numerical value.