• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

elderDrifter

Life is Transitory
Mar 9, 2024
Hello all,

In this post I'll be testing the purity of the SN that can be found from the SD source using aquarium test strips. A blood test was already done on it, so I'll let that stand.

I'll be following the methodology found in this post:

The only variation of note is that I'll be using a Bartovation nitrite/nitrate test strip. This can detect a maximum concentration of 25ppm, but I will be aiming to test it in a 10ppm concentration. This is to provide testing towards the "middle" of the test strip's range. The benefits of this are described in this post:

To summarize, I do this by filling two cups - cup 1 and cup 2 - with 500ml distilled water each. I then dissolve 2.5g of SN into cup 1 to achieve a concentration of 5g/L. I use a syringe to pull out 1ml of water from cup 2 and discard it. I then use the same syringe to pull out 1ml of SN water from cup 1 and transfer it over to cup 2. This will give cup 2 a concentration of 10mg/L (or 10ppm).

As you can see the results are as follows in the attachment. I'm a bit unsure of how to read these results; it could be me being weird with colors, but it doesn't look that good to me. The nitrite and nitrate blocks are underneath their respective color charts. Maybe it's the lighting I used? I'm not sure. Any insights?

The intended results are for nitrites to be as close to the 10ppm color as possible.

Attachments

• PXL_20240414_215940607.jpg
    PXL_20240414_215940607.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
You only used one strip? And it would be good to use strips from different brands, to compare the results.

Reactions: karmaisabitch
E

elderDrifter

Life is Transitory
Mar 9, 2024
You only used one strip? And it would be good to use strips from different brands, to compare the results.

Unfortunately yes I only used one test strip brand. I used two test strips from the same brand. I could order more from a different brand. Would it change the results much since I opened the packet my SN came in?

Last edited:
Reactions: karmaisabitch
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
It was in a plastic bag? Would not hurt to find to find a better container for it, if that's the case. Otherwise opening does not do anything to it, just do not leave it exposed to air.

Last edited:
E

elderDrifter

Life is Transitory
Mar 9, 2024
It was in a plastic bag? Would not hurt to find to find a better container for it, if that's the case. Otherwise opening it does not do anything to it, just do not leave it exposed to the air.

It came in some thick Ziploc type bag with the company branding on it. I made sure to seal it up as best as I could. It should be air tight given I can't seal it up any further.

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
It's a short-term packaging, hopefully it did not spend too much time in it before you got it. Get strips from other brands, retest, and if the results are acceptable, it needs to have a bottle as a new home if you plan to store it. If you're in a hurry then that does not matter, you can leave it as it is.