• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
I'm planning to test my SN with the kit show below, since it's what I have on hand. Can someone take a look at my protocol and let me know if it looks right? I adapted the procedure based on Vizzy's guide. My test kit only measures up to 5 ppm of nitrite, so that's what I'll be targeting.

Test kit

Here's the procedure I'll be using:
  • Fill two cups each with 1 L of distilled water
  • Weigh out 1 g of SN
  • Stir and dissolve the SN in Cup #1
  • Take 5 ml from Cup #1 and transfer into Cup #2
  • Stir the mixture in Cup #2
  • Test Cup #2 using the nitrite test
  • If the SN is pure, the color should match 5 ppm in the color chart

Math:
t = ( tc * v1 * v2 ) / w
t = (0.005 *1000 * 1000)/1000
t = 5 mL

Last edited:
restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
I'm planning to test my SN tonight, so any feedback on my protocol would be appreciated! Chemistry was always my worst subject :P

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Wasn't it supposed to be 10ppm? I don't know much about the testing, I hope others will say but I wish you good luck with the results❤️

• Love
Reactions: restless.dreams
restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
Thanks! My test only measures up to 5 ppm so I tried to adjust the protocol based on that. Not sure I did it right though...

Reactions: rozeske
restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
I'm doing the test now, will update soon with results. Fingers crossed!

restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
Looks good. Did you use a single syringe to transfer the liquids?
Thanks, I feel good about it! I used a syringe to transfer 5ml to Cup #2 when I was making the test solution, and then I used different syringes for each test tube. Did my best to hopefully avoid cross contamination.

What should i do with the SN solution? Is it safe to pour it down the sink? @_Broken_alice

EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
Thanks, I feel good about it! I used a syringe to transfer 5ml to Cup #2 when I was making the test solution, and then I used different syringes for each test tube. Did my best to hopefully avoid cross contamination.

What should i do with the SN solution? Is it safe to pour it down the sink? @_Broken_alice
Alright, well done. That's something I missed myself.

Yes, you can. That small amount won't do any harm.

_Broken_alice

_Broken_alice

She/Her
Nov 19, 2023

Small quantities are fine. Large quantities (100's of grams) can be devastating to the local waterways by affecting fish and creating an algal bloom.