• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

have you told anyone irl you're suicidal?

• yes

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • no

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
V

virginiawoolf

Feb 7, 2021
i never ever talk about being suicidal with anyone i know irl. but i have 2 friends that have attempted and talk about it. and i used to know someone who said he had been suicidal since he was 12. if you vote yes, who do you talk about it with?

Gaybonez

Gaybonez

vegan jesus
Nov 30, 2020
In my opinion, only talk about suicide if you have doubts. A lot of people considering suicide do have them. I would recommend talking about these thoughts to someone who you're close to and you're willing to take the risk on them not reporting you. I was once really suicidal and had a lot of doubts. If you have doubts of any sort. Any hesitation. I personally recommend seeking help. In my opinion, it is a way of you expressing you're not completely done. Granted, SI is a very powerful thing, but I'm not exactly talking about SI. I'm talking about hesitation to stick with a 1 week plan, for example

botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I've talked to my sister about it a few times. She goes through many mental health struggles herself too, and she's also a very understanding person, so it can be easier to talk about these feelings with her. Although that being said, she doesn't share the same 'pro-choice' mindset that people on this site do, so there's only so far those conversations can go. But still, it can be helpful to have someone to open up to, especially when you're feeling particularly low, so long as you don't specifically mention any plans. You should really be careful about who you tell though, some people are less empathetic than others, or just aren't able to deal with those sorts of conversations!

I guess you can sort of gauge how somebody will react, based on how they talk about these things in general. My sister and I are really close, she also talks about her own struggles, and I know she has friends she listens to about these things too - so I felt pretty comfortable talking to her about this. On the other hand, my mother often talks down about mental health struggles, she has talked shit about other family members who opened up to her about them, and she generally finds those topics uncomfortable, so I have sort of learnt to not talk about these things with her!

Hopefully, if you want to talk about it with someone, there'll be somebody in your life who can be more understanding. But if not, I hope you can find comfort on sites like these, at the very least! :hug:

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
First of all, I'm so happy to see u here! You're the best!!

I'd vote no but since I failed to ctb, many people know I'm suicidal and now I talk a lot about it. Well, not that much these days because they're not worried about me jumping in front of a train anymore lol

B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
Sorry I ever said anything to anyone. My well-meaning friends contacted my sister through Facebook - they didn't even know her- and now she's coming to get me because she thinks it's not good for me to be alone in my house. This is only going to make me ctb earlier than I had planned.

idontwanttobeme

idontwanttobeme

Feb 1, 2021
i told my best friend and together we told one of my therapists but i regret it very much

• Hugs
Reactions: virginiawoolf