• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Exiled

Exiled

I gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
i've told my therapist multiple times that there is a particular topic i really do not want to talk about right now. some of it does involve him (we have had a very complicated dynamic at one point) and i think he knows that. but he will often reply with "ok we don't have to talk about it if you aren't ready" but then sprinkles in questions about it throughout session.

i've told him flat out that i am not ready to get into it but he continues to ask probing questions about it randomly. i get that he's curious but is it normal for therapists to push like that?

i understand we need therapists to push us when we don't want to be pushed if there is a massive benefit to us. he claims he's just trying to be supportive and is pushing so that he can make sure i am not in a situation that is harmful to me. but i assured him i am okay and that it really is just hard to talk about and i am not ready.

is it a valuable therapeutic approach to continue to sneakily bring it up, despite telling me he will leave it alone?

i understand this is so vague and probably makes no sense; just wondering from the perspective of someone who has no context, if this sounds concerning?

should mention: it is a major impediment to my therapy; he cannot move onto any other topic without circling back.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

Mar 4, 2024
To me personally, that dynamic would be a flag to move to another therapist.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Yeah, it sounds like he's playing mind games with you. I'd go somewhere else.