• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
So we talked about my brother. How I noticed a DIP in his negative behavior in how I have been distancing myself from him. But in that, we have to change how we react to him. In anger we haven't been very nice to him and would often threaten the police or my dad would drop curse words on him. So I told my dad, we have to be understanding and look after his mental health. Though my dad agreed I do not think anything will happen. At least, not right now. The reality is that my dad is both an enabler and somewhat in denial. It will take a lot of prodding from me to make him get my brother help (therapy)

I shouldn't have to do this, but my brother needs the help ASAP

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
thank you. I know deep down my dad means well. I just dont know why he is not putting in the work for my brother. its hurting all of us
it makes me want to give up on him sometimes out of frustration
Is it denial?

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
It is hard all around I guess, and I wish things were different.
yeah. I mean, yeah. I think on some level he is fed up but on a another level he is conflicted. I think he wants to do the right thing but also doesnt want deal with it so it leaves all of us in circles over what to do

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
That was ver brave of you to open up to your dad.

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Hey all. thank you all for responding to my posts. I was wondering if I could get some perspective even further

I have been understandably upset with my father. I have talked to him about getting my brother help multiple times. Only once has he tried together him help and beyond that he always agrees my brother needs help but does nothing with it. He just agrees and puts in no actions. I was gonna chew him out today and tell him "just be honest and don't lie to me. If you don't want to get him help at all then just say so"