EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
Heg there Embrace!

I just want to say how beautifully written and profound your note is. I relate to every word you've wrote in this. What you've written has put a lot of my thoughts about mental illness and society in general into perspective. I also want to thank you for sharing it with us, it was a privilege to read it.

You are truly wiser than the entirety of the narcissistis inside the prolife movement, and the same goes for the people you quoted in the note.

I have tried a lot of times to write a note that felt appropriate to leave but never felt the ones I left were good enough. This has given me a lot to think about for when I ctb.

Although I've never met you in the real world it is plain as day to see you are a compassionate and caring person. The anecdote from one of your quotes about the Iraq War veteran had me tearing up.

Your last paragraph has got me thinking what I'd want from my Good Place once I've ctb. Its something I would have to ponder on for a bit, I've never really considered it a possibility after this life. But what is in the end is anyones guess.

You undoubtedly deserve everything that this life has failed to give you. I hope you get to see your friend and doggie whenever you decide to go. You deserve better. This world will be a worse place without you in it. :heart:

Thanks for the encouraging words, I'm sure you can write something appropriate to leave behind but I know how hard it is to put everything related to suicide into words. I'm still collecting quotes even now from people on here and other places; pro-life people would learn a lot from them if they actually listened to the people suffering. Good luck in your journey whatever you end up deciding on.

• Hugs
Reactions: After The End and Sinai Silence
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Mar 29, 2020
Bump for pro lifers! Or should I just call them anti-choicers?

Reactions: Abgrundanziehung
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Mar 29, 2020
Bump for anti-choicers

EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Mar 29, 2020
Bumpy for anti-choicers

O

OnlyBuilt4Linxs

Apr 16, 2020
Perfect suicide note/letter. I love it. This guys a legend

Reactions: EmbraceOfTheVoid and Zappfe lover
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Mar 29, 2020
After The End

After The End

The lily whispers, “I wait.”
Jul 31, 2019
I could relate to a great deal in your note, and found it genuinely touching. I think if I were still capable it might have moved me to tears and I hope that doesn't sound silly because I'm being quite sincere. I'm sorry it's come to this.

In response to this though:

I don't expect anyone to read it and I don't expect any pro lifer to learn anything from it either but I think some of you will like the quotes at the end of it at least.

I'm currently working on trying to create a social media platform for people like us which is not dominated by pro-life platitudes (although I believe I will have to walk the line somewhat with respect to being openly pro-choice) and I'm very serous about it and prepared to invest a non-trivial amount on reaching an audience. This thread, and your note - which should be getting read widely - provides me even more encouragement. And with your permission if I do succeed I would like your note to be shown the audience it deserves. Moreover - if you have the time or inclination to offer it - any other input you might wish to offer, something like an interview perhaps, would be extremely valuable.

Either way I wish you the best, but I have to ask - what would you need to feel better?

EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Mar 29, 2020
Bumpy for the rude anti-choicers.

• Wow
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung
After The End

After The End

The lily whispers, “I wait.”
Jul 31, 2019
Suicide is not recommended, work on your life and improve it where you can and find more healthy recovering methods.

Guards, seize him.

Reactions: Brackenshire and Abgrundanziehung
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Wow this could be a short book lol. You have a great talent for writing. I'm sorry the system failed you so completely

Reactions: EmbraceOfTheVoid
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Mar 29, 2020
Bump

Reactions: woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
It's not always great for them, either. Natural death still brings out selfishness and self-centeredness in family and loved ones. For instance, my friend's mother had terminal cancer, and she declined chemo because it would only extend her life by two months and she would still suffer, so she opted to not have it. Her many siblings lost their shit for those two months and at the funeral. They called her selfish and pulled every guilt and shame card. It was all about them. They gave no fucks about her suffering or dignity. Fortunately, her husband and daughter supported her and her decision, but the siblings made it rough for everyone those last months of her life. I think death just brings that out of many/most people even if it's not suicide. Death seems to bring out selfishness, whether it's about inheritances or funeral/burial choices or how the person chose to die if they had any choice at all. People just want to blame to discharge their discomfort, and be soothed by getting whatever they want. The deaths of others brings out the idiots, the assholes, and the selfish little children inside most people.

Wow, that's a great example of extreme selfishness and cruelty where they forgot to wrap it up in some fancy package but laid it bare. How dare you not suffer torture so you can suffer two months longer for our sake? It's funny that it's not even like they can squeeze anything out of this person anymore, or would actually engage with her if she yielded to their bullying had a longer time. Just pure venom because they are projecting their own fear of death.

B

Brackenshire

Arcanist
Feb 23, 2020
Loved the read. A calm heart and a peaceful journey friend if you decide to stay welcome home

EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Mar 29, 2020
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Mar 29, 2020
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Mar 29, 2020
Bump, think I'll be going in the next few weeks.

peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
Wow, so beautifully written. My respects go out to you madam.
You are my spirit animal. Can I quote you on my own suicide note? Jk. Everything you've said and beyond are the reasons I'm ctb. Most of the time people only gaslight you and I feel like ppl really don't care. I'm honestly tired of humanity and I knew well that those idiots who think we don't try hard enough haven't experienced the degree of suffering some of us have experienced. Thank you and you should consider putting this on reddit, those idiots are fucking clueless. I hate prolifers and their false positivity.

Last edited: