• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
Article from Scientific American. It surprised me, because I did that : I took my cat to an animal shelter before I tried to ctb.
---
Patterns show places where people who intend to kill themselves go—and give health workers better chances to stop them

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
We must stalk suicidal people so that we can put them in lunatic asylums and make them want to kill themselves even more when they get out! That really makes a lot of sense...

Besides, how are they going to know that you are suicidal at the animal shelter?

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is quite disturbing. Researchers and anti-suicide people are collaborating to make it even more difficult to successfully complete suicide. Life already sucks enough and these people want to further erode means of escaping this hellish existence. :angry:

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
We must stalk suicidal people so that we can put them in lunatic asylums and make them want to kill themselves even more when they get out! That really makes a lot of sense...

Besides, how are they going to know that you are suicidal at the animal shelter?
Exactly, what the hell is wrong with people that they would go to these lengths. They are just making our lives more miserable by figuratively (and literally) blocking the way out.
This is quite disturbing. Researchers and anti-suicide people are collaborating to make it even more difficult to successfully complete suicide. Life already sucks enough and these people want to further erode means of escaping this hellish existence. :angry:
It's absolutely disgusting. They have nothing better to do than play "hero". This kind of shit makes me so angry.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
"It began offering the training to motel clerks and housekeepers, animal shelter workers, pain clinic staffers, and more"

Not sure if this is going to work. Unless one is a social worker, the average working person is not likely going to bother to "look for signs" and act on them when they are too busy with the stresses of their own daily tasks to oversee. The only way I see people doing this if the government offers monetary incentives to look for the so-called signs and make the phone call. Hopefully that will not happen because the implications of that are disconcerting - if someone needs some extra pocket change then hey, they can make up some bullshit story about an individual and place the call despite that said individual is not a suicide risk.

The aspect that I'm more concerned about is when the article mentioned for those who are served with eviction notices. Typically a sheriff has to be present when eviction is served i.e. a tin soldier of the system. If these proposals outlined in the article are implemented, then a serving of the eviction notice will be accompanied by the question "Do you have some place to relocate to?" .... "No? You're a suicide risk then, you'll be turned over to social services where you will be...."

In a nutshell, if under the said proposal, you are served with eviction and have no place to go then you could become a ward of the state. I'm not saying one definitely will, but let's not dismiss that possibility entirely.

Last edited:
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
It's also funny how these pro-life prison guard torturer fuckers are able to get away with putting on so much pressure simply because suicidal people are on the whole too sensitive and reasonable to burn the world when thwarted.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
It really baffles me people want to go through all of this shit to take away the bodily integrity of a person they don't even know, all because they don't think their suffering is enough to justify it. It's completely out of line.

I think it has nothing to do with how much suffering they think somebody has, or how much suffering justifies it. This is not a discussion of what is best for individuals and 'helping them despite themselves', this is a matter of cold-faced, straightforward slavery system. You don't care if your slave's fee fees are hurt, you prevent them from escaping. That's it.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I think it has nothing to do with how much suffering they think somebody has, or how much suffering justifies it. This is not a discussion of what is best for individuals and 'helping them despite themselves', this is a matter of cold-faced, straightforward slavery system. You don't care if your slave's fee fees are hurt, you prevent them from escaping. That's it.
Exactly.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
I just see a lot of false positives with this. People go to motels sometimes after a bad argument, or to take a breather from something. So may well be upset enough to then be enquired over. If you are giving up your animals to a shelter you will likely be upset regardless if you are suicidal or not? How does this exactly work? What is the training to spot such an abstract state? Does it go based on an absolute statement from the person or suspicion?

If I hand over my furry potatoes to an animal shelter and seem distressed will I be asked if I am suicidal? That is a bit intrusive isn't it? If so I can just say no, I will just miss my guinea pigs which makes perfect sense. If i were to say yes, then I am likely ambivalent and wanting help. If it goes based on suspicion though and just to be safe they call the crisis team because we live in a culture of suing people. Then that day of running from an irritable spouse or giving up your guinea pigs because ill health stops you looking after them is going to get a whole lot worse. Potentially 72 hours extra of worse.

This just seems bizarre in its approach, the response is not even a human one.

Participants are taught to recognize signs of distress. Then they learn how to ask a person if he or she is in crisis. If so, the participants' role is not to make the person feel better or to provide counseling or anything of the sort. It is to call a crisis line, and the experts will take over from there.

What are the crisis line going to do? In the U.K they are notoriously slow and it often invokes contact with the police because of that slowness. The police are barely trained in anything to do with mental health issues in the first place. Rarely is it a gentle experience and a place of safety can be a police cell... In the states it seems worse in how often the mentally ill get shot and you get financially hit for an involuntary stay. Can you sue the animal shelter for that loss I wonder? I doubt these businesses will care enough but this has to be costing money. Might be better spent on reducing sources of pain, than simply triggering a distressing stay and having drugs forced on you. Those very programs are often cut like taking the elderly out so as not so isolated or funding to get people out of an abusive situation before a person is left a shell of themselves. But nope send in the crisis team!

Bizzare times, even A.I is out to police your emotional state these days.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fac...o-predict-if-youre-suicidal-2018-12?r=US&IR=T

None of this addresses the broken systems people engage with willingly let alone involuntarily.