• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I know some people who radicalized themselves online. A former friend of mine became right-wing extreme. I know two people who are in a leftwing extreme spectrum. I read journals and newspapers a lot. Many say the problem with the internet is that there are so many niches covered that also insane people with extreme stances can connect to each other and reinforce themselves in their beliefs as in echo chambers. There are many things to say about that some scientists question the echo chamber hypothesis. Let's take X (former Twitter) your timeline is usually full with people you despise politicially. Also here in this forum. We also discuss the posts of people who are anti-choice a lot and re-post their stuff. However though we usually agree on disagreeing with their takes. Is this still a filter bubble?

Moreover the great thing of the internet actually is that we can connect each other to people who share our niche interests. TV mostly only covered mainstream topics. But the niches we are interested in make us unique and determine our character way more than docu soaps, biased politics shows, repetitive game shows etc.

So this was the introduction. I had some good new ideas for threads today. I took a break of studying because otherwise I might collapse. It is so fucking much and this time of the year is hell for me.

Newspapers depict this forum as radical pro-death. In the past they depicted it as incel alike. But how fringe are our positions really? I don't think we are that special. Especially if one considers all the abuse many of us had to go through. I am pretty convinced most people would question the meaning of life if they shared similar fates. At the same time my sister grew up in the same environment and never had serious suicidal thoughts in contrast to me. However she is no better human being by that fact.

When I thought about this topic I read some comments of the Tantacrul video where they described us as despicable monsters, filth. I never watched the video fully. And it is very likely that most average people simply buy the narrative of a popular Youtuber or media outlets. Barely any of them put seriously effort to make own research. As scientists emphasized (in the aftermath of the NYT article) there is actually barely research on forums like this one. They say so many people on this suicide forum have committed suicide forum the reason was the forum. This line of argumentation is very questioning. It is the basic argument of correlation is not equal causation. Who gets drawn to places like this one? Severely suicidal people. If these people commit suicide is this already the final proof the forum was the main reaon? Not really. There are just many suicidal people on suicide forums that should not be a surprise. The discussion how I portrayed it is very very simplified and I am not that much into the argument currently.

Back to the title question. The media is completely against this forum. The elites in general are very anti-choice. I cannot say that for other countries. But there are many surveys Germans want liberal assisted suicide and many feel ashamed how suicidal people get treated. They are probably scared to be one day in the same position. If they don't have the money to travel to Switzerland. Personally I ask myself which are the reasons the elites are that anti-choice. I had so many ideas. They feel invincible because their lives went extremely well. They don't know extreme hardship. They want to be seen as caring for vulnerable people. They feel assured being able to Switzerland just in case things go wrong (they have the necessary money). Feinstein gave me the feeling the invincible argument could be true. The media elites and politicians are pretty much united against liberal assisted suicide laws. They always bring the killing of disabled people by the Nazis as argument in my country. To be honest I wasted too much time to debate such people. It is very very bad for my mental health to do that. It was pure poison so I stopped doing that. I could imagine the German population is more open to assisted suicide than the US because we are less religious. There were standing ovations when the highest court ruling in favor of liberal assisted suicide laws was announced. The first time in history there were standing ovations at such an announcement. The elites still try everything they can so that suicide remains a cynical grey area.

Now to the core question of this thread. I think if there were reportings in Germany many people would be shocked about this disgusting death cult. At least on the surface. Usually these are the more vocal voices. Many people just buy the media narrative anyway and don't question anything. I read in some other online forums discussions about suicide forums. And surprisingly many thought they are not evil or bad. They said the people should respect the highest court ruling.

I think in particular this forum would be unpopular because there is a lot of freedom on here compared to German suicide forums. And the people would buy in the media narrative. But if one had a serious informed debates with honest people I think surprisingly many would argee on the right to a dignified death in my country, Despite all the anti-choice reporting in the media. Many are scared they once will be one of those poor souls who rely on the help of such a forum. The people are not that stupid in this relation.

So what do you think how fringe are our takes on suicide really compared to the average person?

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
bump I am interested in more reactions or replies.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Extremely fringe. The average person in practically any country would view this forum's ideas as lunacy. There is a giant disconnect from the average Joe/Jane and the people who comprise this server.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think we are pretty different. Sometimes I talk to my parents or people at work and see just what value they place on life. My Dad once spoke about 'the dangers of the internet' and youngsters learning how to self harm. I pointed out it was regular life and likely the more 'acceptible' platforms like Facebook and Instagram that made them want to self harm in the first place! But yeah- I dread to think what they'd think of this place. Our views are so different.

Reactions: sserafim
P

painmustend

Jul 16, 2023
i also think the people on this forum are pretty different. the main difference for me is, that the people who are on here get accepted, regardless their choice. the perception of suicide forums is probably that the users just don´t care about other peoples lifes and that they are disconnected from the idea that people act on the methods they find here. but the exact opposite is the case. this is a place of connection, empathy, understanding and acceptance.

but tbh i think others also just don´t think about these forums that often and don´t really have an opinion on them. when i told a friend about this forum, she was at first pretty sceptical and repelled. but as i told her more about how this forum really is, what it´s there for and why this forum is important and also why pro-choice is important, she understood it and saw my point.

i live in germany and i think the topic of suicide forums isn´t really talked about. the only times i heard about them in media was one time on a true crime podcast. i never read anything about them on the news or see them discussed on tv so i think at least in germany it´s a topic just gets ignored.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe the people who replied nailed the truth more accurate than me. My friends are empathic and understanding when I tell them I am using this forum. But there are also a lot of people whom I certainly won't tell it. I told it my mom, my dad and my sister though. My parents don't speak English so don't be scared about it. They cannot connect any dots anyway. My dad blames the refugees for the misery of this family. Very well choice (for your conscience) you moron. He is not that bad towards me but hell his politics....

Maybe I am just disconnected from the reality. The polls in Germany in favor of liberal assisted suicide laws make me smile often when I hear their results. It gives me some hope for humankind which might be naive....

Last edited: