• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Chronosphere

Chronosphere

Student
Jan 17, 2024
Suicide booth is one of the best things humanity could think of.
I mean really, why can't it be a thing IRL? Imagine getting death is as easy as getting a coffee.
Okay, everyone can have suicide thoughts, so it may be irresponsible to give an opportunity to end lives to anyone to exclude impulsive decisions.
Let's say you enter the booth, it registrate you as a potential user, and for it to work you just need to return after half a year. If you returned - it will kill you. If you didn't - timer will reset.
This way we exlude impulsive decisions of people who just have a crisis moment in their life and let go people who really wants to go.
Sound logical, right? Why won't governments do this? How tf is it better decision to lock a person in psych ward and hold him there? It's just money drain for the government and prolonged suffering for the individual.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
It would better happen soon. In the future the booth might hack the memory for "scientific research", or replicate it in another Matrix?

Reactions: sserafim
wagner2029

wagner2029

Experienced
Jun 25, 2023
In the Futuroma series there are suicide booths.
I believe it is a matter of society maturing, some issues are treated as taboo because no one knows how to react to CTB, even among those who study CTB academically there is no consensus on how to prevent, treat and even why it occurs.
I believe that in the future they will not treat it as something absurd, but I also don't believe that it will be so trivialized.
the future will be empty, all those films that showed overpopulation are wrong, the birth rate is falling all over the world, even in Brazil and in poor regions the birth rate has fallen and the population of Brazil has stopped growing, so I believe that life human will be more valued.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
In Futurama, it's implied that suicide booths are only allowed because the world population is at 40 billion. We only have 8 billion today so better start having kids if this is the future you really want. :tongue:

• Aww..
Reactions: Chronosphere
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It certainly would prevent so much unnecessary suffering if people could access that, I find it disgusting how we exist in such an anti-suicide society where humans would rather force others to suffer then let them have the choice to exit peacefully, to me it'd be such a relief having that option.

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
It's a sound notion: having options available, even if not all are utilized, is preferable to having none at all and being confined to a predetermined path.

The governments, however, can be illogical and not implement the ideas that benefit everyone, unfortunately. Even in the present, instances of exploitation, discrimination, and wars imposed by some governments persist.

Conversely, it is common aspect in human nature to prioritize our own preferences before considering the feelings of others. The death of a loved one can bring suffering to their relatives, which can serve as a deterrent against implementing measures such as a 'death button'.