• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
simpsons.png

Yes but why stop there? It's too risky to depend on existing internet infrastructure for your cloud server. Why not create a completely separate network system for added redundancy à la ARPANET? :))

iu
: ¬ )
Although AWS & Google on the whole, may always be up, any given host might always crash.....
So unless they offer some type of advanced failure transparency (which I'm not aware of ?), then there is still a possibility of things going wrong, which would make me feel a bit uncomfortable.
I suppose you could run the scripts on multiple server instances, but this all begins to become a little complex.

One significant advantage of using gmail is that gmail almost certainly has robust measures to handle server failures, so you can feel pretty sure that the email will get sent, provided you don't trigger some filter, which is why the suggestion is to use an encrypted document.....

Reactions: autumnal
enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
Thanks for the info. I've seen a post about using Linux CLI for also setting up a delay. And also the computer most be on, not sleeping/hibernate.
I really don't trust gmail or chrome for anything. But from what i've seen before, the email is stored local til the time designated to send it.
I was planning on wiping my system before hand though.
I might have to rethink this now.
Thank for the input! I appreciate your help.

Where is MacGyver when you need him ! pfft
I like it old school

An alternative way to achieve the same goal, without coding skills
Just record a macro that will simulate a mouse click over the Send button of your favourite mailbox client (it could be ProtonMail)
Edit the macro, so that the time matches the delay you want if very long, before click has to happen
Prepare your email window with text inside, let it open
Launch Macro when the time arrives ... (no need to replay the loop, you won't suicide infinitely lol)

The sequence recorded can shutdown the computer, or perform some cleaning actions before. Just rehearse and simulate more mouse movements & clicks over targets on screen. Up to your imagination.
There are plenty of such simple automation programs. Some also allow to record/replay inputting text. Test them out
Other ones are more advanced and flexible if you're capable to edit code

Of course, it assumes you set the computer to not hibernate (unless you wake it up), reliable internet connection and electricity without failure (inverter ?)

That way, you're not dependant on a new service to trust and keep your habits

Last edited:
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
What about telegram?

Reactions: one4all
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
What about telegram?
That could be another option....

In general, we just need to be aware of the various issues, eg :

> Could there be any keyword filtering, that might raise alarms, due to the message content ?
> Does the service run on reliable remote servers with redundancy ? i.e. is it reliable ?
> Does the service run locally on your phone/computer, and rely on your phone/computer having power and network signal or internet connection (wifi or network signal) ? (which is a reliability risk)

To get a better understanding of the above issues, you could read this thread.

Reactions: one4all, Yomyom and enjolras
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
: ¬ )
Although AWS & Google on the whole, may always be up, any given host might always crash.....
So unless they offer some type of advanced failure transparency (which I'm not aware of ?), then there is still a possibility of things going wrong, which would make me feel a bit uncomfortable.
I suppose you could run the scripts on multiple server instances, but this all begins to become a little complex.

One significant advantage of using gmail is that gmail almost certainly has robust measures to handle server failures, so you can feel pretty sure that the email will get sent, provided you don't trigger some filter, which is why the suggestion is to use an encrypted document.....

As the old saying goes, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing in a Swiss mountain underground datacentre... :))

sfk-big-english.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: enjolras
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
No no, it already exists, you just need to spend many thousands hiring server space there!
CTB budget sheet [revised]
SN.......$18
Meto......$15
Hire swiss mountain underground datacentre servers for delayed email......$7,000

Reactions: esoragoto and autumnal
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020

> Could there be any keyword filtering, that might raise alarms, due to the message content ?
> Does the service run on reliable remote servers with redundancy ? i.e. is it reliable ?
> Does the service run locally on your phone/computer, and rely on your phone/computer having power and network signal or internet connection (wifi or network signal) ? (which is a reliability risk)

I know privacy is one of the most important principles on telegram,
In fact that's the only reason to use telegram

Reactions: autumnal
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
Where is MacGyver when you need him ! pfft
I like it old school

An alternative way to achieve the same goal, without coding skills
Just record a macro that will simulate a mouse click button over the Send button of your favourite mailbox client (it could be ProtonMail)
Edit the macro, so that the time matches the delay you want if very long, before click has to happen
Prepare your email window with text inside, let it open
Launch Macro when the time arrives ... (no need to replay the loop, you won't suicide infinitely lol)

The macro can shutdown your computer, or perform some cleaning actions before. Just rehearse and simulate more mouse movements & clicks over targets on screen. Up to your imagination.
There are plenty of such simple automation programs. Some also allow to record/replay inputting text. Test them out
Other ones are more advanced and flexible if you're capable to edit code

Of course, it assumes you set the computer to not hibernate (unless you wake it up), reliable internet connection and electricity without failure (inverter ?)

That way, you're not dependant on a new service to trust and keep your habits

To check all these boxes with my idea (keyword filtering is already addressed as impossible if using ProtonMail / Tutanota, / MsgSafe encrypted privacy email services, without password protection in an extra locked container needed)

Instead of hosting on a local computer, use a VPS machine with Windows/Linux installed (haven't used a computer since 6 years but many VPS services from a tablet instead and there is never a reliability issue 99.5% of the time).
Basically, it's a remote computer just like your home one (hard to make the difference), that stays always up & running 24/24 7/7. All the maintenance is assured professionally in managed datacenters (utmost reliable power & internet are handled, no need to think about it)

You rent a VPS for one month, paid in advance (small bill, couple bucks). The service will auto-desactivate itself (no action required) after the period ends since the payment won't be renewed.

This way, it's possible to wipe out / destruct home computer whenever, days before, after the time bomb of your choice on VPS is launched with remote desktop (small app to install on your phone/tablet or that is already integrated into many Windows OS - search for RDP online, very easy)

Some VPS services available of very high reputation
https://www.ovh.com/world/vps/vps-cloud.xml (Windows / Linux available)
https://www.hetzner.com/cloud (Linux only but possible to install a Windows template for free - search tutorials, )
Privacy choice, hosted in juridictions debuting by Iceland, possible to pay with cash by mail or Monero/Bitcoin, and register anonymously without relieving true identity
https://flokinet.is/vps-server.php (Windows / Linux, more expensive)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aap
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I know privacy is one of the most important principles on telegram,
In fact that's the only reason to use telegram
Ok... Perhaps it might be a promising option.....
If you do some research on it, then perhaps you could make a thread....
Hopefully you can verify whether the messages are stored locally (not so good) or remotely on a server (hopefully more reliable).
To check all these boxes with my idea (keyword filtering is already addressed as impossible if using ProtonMail / Tutanota, / MsgSafe encrypted privacy email services, without password protection in an extra locked container needed)

Instead of hosting on a local computer, use a VPS machine with Windows/Linux installed (haven't used a computer since 6 years but many VPS services from a tablet instead and there is never a reliability issue 99.5% of the time).
Basically, it's a remote computer just like your home one (hard to make the difference), that stays always up & running 24/24 7/7. All the maintenance is assured professionally in managed datacenters (utmost reliable power & internet are handled, no need to think about it)

You rent a VPS for one month, paid in advance (small bill, couple bucks). The service will auto-desactivate itself (no action required) after the period ended since the payment won't be renewed.

This way, it's possible to wipe out / destruct home computer whenever, days before, after the time bomb of your choice on VPS is launched with remote desktop (small app to install on your phone/tablet or that is already integrated into many Windows OS - search for RDP tutorial online, very easy)

Some VPS services available
https://www.hetzner.com/cloud (Linux only but possible to install a Windows template for free - search tutorials, )
https://flokinet.is/vps-server.php (Windows / Linux, more expensive, hosted in privacy juridictions debuting by Iceland, possible to pay with cash by mail or Bitcoin, and register anonymously without relieving true identity)
The issue is, most people are looking for something fairly simple....
And what is fairly simple for one person might not be for others....
I think a lot of people may find your approach too complex....

Last edited:
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
It can be fairly simple, but it's true that it's not suited for last minute preparation.
It is however goal oriented, according to OP strict requirements, admitely

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

You rent a VPS for one month, paid in advance (small bill, couple bucks). The service will auto-desactivate itself (no action required) after the period ends since the payment won't be renewed.

This way, it's possible to wipe out / destruct home computer whenever, days before, after the time bomb of your choice on VPS is launched with remote desktop (small app to install on your phone/tablet or that is already integrated into many Windows OS - search for RDP online, very easy)

Some VPS services available of very high reputation
Privacy choice, hosted in juridictions debuting by Iceland, possible to pay with cash by mail or Monero/Bitcoin, and register anonymously without relieving true identity
https://flokinet.is/vps-server.php (Windows / Linux, more expensive)

@enjolras, I would be very surprised if this didn't accurately depict you! :))

iu

Reactions: enjolras
enjolras

enjolras

Feb 13, 2020
It used to be. Being a bit of a maniac over special interests. Over time, I found back my reason back towards more precious things. Very much a nature / biology lover. So it'd be rather your avatar. Love seasons, winter first, autumn close second.

View attachment IMG_5184.MOV
Didn't expect it to work ! Forgot about technology for an instant :o)

Last edited:
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and input!

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
It wouldn't be risky you unintelligent ape @autumnal

O

Otter

Experienced
Feb 10, 2020
ByUOTE="one4all, post: 679266, member: 14611"]
Well there is no cleaning service for this dwelling, just me. I did mention i live alone and maybe i should have also stated i'm not to worried about a loved one finding me. Maybe i'm just overthinking things like i normally do. I just thought it would be nice if i didn't stink up the whole place, if that's what it came down to.

EDIT: I'm not sure who will find me or when.
[/QUOTE]
By "cleaning service" reference, Autumnal was talking about a business that is hired to clean a place when a body is discovered.

Last edited:
Reactions: one4all and autumnal
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
ByUOTE="one4all, post: 679266, member: 14611"]
Well there is no cleaning service for this dwelling, just me. I did mention i live alone and maybe i should have also stated i'm not to worried about a loved one finding me. Maybe i'm just overthinking things like i normally do. I just thought it would be nice if i didn't stink up the whole place, if that's what it came down to.

EDIT: I'm not sure who will find me or when.
By "cleaning service" reference, Autumnal was talking about a business that is hired to clean a place when a body is discovered.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I guess i misread that. Thank you though for clarifying that. :smiling: