• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I've noticed that meds are a hugely popular topic on the forum -- anyone else taking them, what are the effects, what damage has been done by them, etc.

A lot of these threads get posted on the Suicide Discussion forum, and seem for the most part to stay there rather than being moved to, say, Off Topic. Occasionally there is a thread that links meds to suicidality, then it makes sense for them to be on that forum.

I get that posting on the Suicide Discussion forum gets way more attention for a topic, posting on Recovery gets very little, and Off Topic is somewhere in the middle. Meds conversations don't seem to get moved by mods very often, and although some are initially posted in Recovery, it seems to me to be a self-perpetuating issue to post such threads in Suicide Discussion. Maybe folks see them there and so it seems that's where they belong, especially if they're not committed to recovery and so don't think about that forum.

My suggestion is to add a fourth forum: Meds Discussions. Perhaps if contained in such a way, meds threads will get the attention they merit without taking up space for the most active, relevant, and urgent suicide threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.