• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I often have to think about that I might belong to the 25 members with most posts in the biggest suicide forum that ever existed in history. At least in the Western hemisphere this seems to be the biggest currently. There were other suicide forums in the past. But I don't have much knowledge on them. Maybe you can tell us more about them.

I think there are 3 suicide forums in German language but they are way stricter with method explanations. They are really small and inactive but I barely invested time to ldo research.

I could imagine there are big suicide forums in Asia. Asian countries have huge populations and very high suicide rates. However, the governments crack down on sharing methods even way more. Someone from South Korea on here told us how they are threatened with prison time and that every single citizen is obliged to prevent the suicide of someone else. Well such a restrictive policy instead of a humanistic perspective seems to backfire if we look at the numbers. Stigmatizing suicide by criminalizing suicidal people seems to be counterproductive. This is a lesson many on here have argumented for when the media published all the reports demonizing the members of SaSu.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I can't believe that I'm one of them too 🤣 lol

D

dearlulu

Apr 10, 2024
In many countries, I don't think they are criminalised for being suicidal but for informing someone else of a method. After one dies by suicide, an investigation is initiated that looks at person's history etc. If you're found to have "contributed", that's deemed as "assisting" and "neglecting the safety" etc.

I don't believe talking about methods is very safe in many countries, not limited to Asia.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm pretty sure in Asia, suicidal people are more likely to just settle on a typical and easy-enough-to-perform method such as jumping or hanging so they might not really need to use the internet to find any suicide info. There may be some fringe sites here and there in other languages though so who knows. Maybe they even have WhatsApp or LINE groups for it.

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
There's no Chinese suicide forum as far as I'm aware of, however there are chat groups on QQ and Wechat. How you would get into one is unknown to me. But they are forced to use buzzwords like BBQ for charcoal and swimming for shallow water drowning, stuff like that.

Reactions: Forveleth