T

Thinkinaboutit

Jul 9, 2018
Do you guys think that stopping heart medications would do the trick? For the past 2 and three quarters years I've been on a daily regimen of: 81 milligrams of Lipitor(a statin drug), 25 mg of Metropolol (a Beta blocker), 5 mg of Lisinopril (a beta blocker), 75 mg of Plavix (a blood thinner), 10 mg of Ezetimbe (a statin drug) and baby Asprin (a blood thinner). i'm 41 years old and about 5'9, 190 pounds. Do you think suddenly stopping these drugs might lead to a heart attack of some kind? Over the weekend, my awful stepmother will be leaving for another state and my dad is travelling around golfing, so I'll be physically alone for a week or so. They will periodically call me but there should be enough of a delay in getting to me if I don't answer the phone and they ask someone to do a welfare check, that my body can experience some pretty serious deterioration if I choose to harm myself and not seek help.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
It will likely lead to heart disease. How that disease will manifest or on what timeline I don't think any cardiologist would be able to give you precise predictions.

T

Thinkinaboutit

Jul 9, 2018
I've already had heart disease; I underwent double bypass surgery in December 2017. It would have been triple bypass but I'd already had a silent heart attack in an artery which was too small to find a match in any artery in the rest of the body.

• Aww..
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust